Goal music - vote

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dkc

Reaction score
Jim Phipps wants the fans to vote on whether we should play music after a goal goes in. Currently almost 1000 have voted, with those who want music played in the majority.

Personally I hate it, and hoped that the days of Tom Hark were well and truly behind us. However, if the music-lovers win, it could be back soon.

Jim Phipps, Co-Chairman, SUFC
Yesterday at 8:56am ·
Blades: I get this question a lot. What do you say: Should we have goal music? Click2vote. (And, yes, we should have more goals.)

Cast your vote here

http://flash.vote/app/?vi=35b51ffe-27ed-4396-8133-38590751d552#VoteScreen

Jim Phipps wants the fans to vote on whether we should play music after a goal goes in. Currently almost 1000 have voted, with those who want music played in the majority.

Personally I hate it, and hoped that the days of Tom Hark were well and truly behind us. However, if the music-lovers win, it could be back soon.

Jim Phipps, Co-Chairman, SUFC
Yesterday at 8:56am ·
Blades: I get this question a lot. What do you say: Should we have goal music? Click2vote. (And, yes, we should have more goals.)

Cast your vote here

http://flash.vote/app/?vi=35b51ffe-27ed-4396-8133-38590751d552#VoteScreen

John cage 4'33" (Four minute 33 seconds)

upload_2015-11-18_22-48-41.png
Why not just put YES/NO/UNDECIDED as the options instead of biasing it with "better atmosphere" and "contrived atmosphere"?
You can tell which way they want the vote to go can't you?
Might as well say "YES, I'm 100% Blade", "NO, I'm a dinosaur who detests noise"

We should strut out to this, the players obviously have swag with their penchant for Grey Goose vodka and style if you like wearing clothes modelled by the female cast of Geordie Shore. The name seems fitting as well... Bunch of feeble, pretty boys.

I took a couple of American work colleagues to watch Leicester City a couple of seasons ago. As normal, they played Post Horn Gallop before the game and the yanks burst out laughing. I said what's up - they were convinced it was the tune to The Benny Hill Show.:confused:

True story.

I took a couple of American work colleagues to watch Leicester City a couple of seasons ago. As normal, they played Post Horn Gallop before the game and the yanks burst out laughing. I said what's up - they were convinced it was the tune to The Benny Hill Show.:confused:

True story.

Actually Highfield, yes I can see............Nowt like it!

Bloody Amurricans! ;)

Really not sure we should be letting Jim's Twitter followers be responsible for whether we go back to embarrassing ourselves again every time we score.

View attachment 14438
Why not just put YES/NO/UNDECIDED as the options instead of biasing it with "better atmosphere" and "contrived atmosphere"?
You can tell which way they want the vote to go can't you?
Might as well say "YES, I'm 100% Blade", "NO, I'm a dinosaur who detests noise"
I think what they're saying is "No, playing music gives a contrived, forced and fake atmosphere. Let the fans create their own noise"

Can we have Thomas the Tank Engine theme tune and Ringo Star doing the announcements? That would be so cool.

Can hear the Liverpudlian voice in my head now...... " what a goal by Billy" said Thomas to the hardwood door maker. Jim could dress as the Fat Controller.

Shouldn't this be in the twats thread?

Only if you're wrongly interpreting 4'33 as silence. Rather, it reflects Cage's philosophy that all sound can be music and plays a part in the listener's experience. It's when the musician stops that the audience truly listens. More succinctly, the crowd's reaction is in and of itself the perfect music after a goal.

I'm glad you asked.

mrlogic.jpg

I'd like to see Jim Phipps run the football club properly, present a coherent transfer strategy and perhaps spend some time in the country instead of running off to fucking Riyadh after every game. Never mind worrying about whether we play fucking music after the event of a home goal.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

If this 'poll' is sufficient to get goal music back at the lane, it's just another nail in the coffin of this incompetent, out of touch board.

What on earth are they doing, firstly having a poll for this, and secondly having one online where anyone can vote.

If I was on Twitter and someone retweeted a vote for another club to have goal music, I would vote yes just because it takes no effort and it's funny to have other clubs embarrass themselves with this tinpot, atmosphere-killer of an idea.

Some people are, at best, ambivalent to goal music but there is no one who loves it or thinks it's a brilliant idea. There's nothing unique about it and it has grown men standing there half-arsed mumbling to the tune of a (rather shite) song from the early 80s.

Tragic. Tragic on the pitch. Tragic off the pitch. So chuffing depressing supporting Blades nowadays.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

If this 'poll' is sufficient to get goal music back at the lane, it's just another nail in the coffin of this incompetent, out of touch board.

What on earth are they doing, firstly having a poll for this, and secondly having one online where anyone can vote.

If I was on Twitter and someone retweeted a vote for another club to have goal music, I would vote yes just because it takes no effort and it's funny to have other clubs embarrass themselves with this tinpot, atmosphere-killer of an idea.

Some people are, at best, ambivalent to goal music but there is no one who loves it or thinks it's a brilliant idea. There's nothing unique about it and it has grown men standing there half-arsed mumbling to the tune of a (rather shite) song from the early 80s.

Tragic. Tragic on the pitch. Tragic off the pitch. So chuffing depressing supporting Blades nowadays.

In summary:

If I could be arsed to do something that I can't be arsed to do then I'd spend my time sabotaging another club's vote because...I'm not really sure why. But I can't be arsed.
The club is crap.
And I know how everyone thinks.

Tragic and depressing just about sums it up.

Only if you're wrongly interpreting 4'33 as silence. Rather, it reflects Cage's philosophy that all sound can be music and plays a part in the listener's experience. It's when the musician stops that the audience truly listens. More succinctly, the crowd's reaction is in and of itself the perfect music after a goal.

I'm glad you asked.

mrlogic.jpg

I like the whole idea of 4'33.

I agree that the poll could easily be hijacked by pig fans. We'd probably do the same if they had a similar vote.

Back
Top Bottom