Goal Keeper poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who Should start in goal remainder of the season?

• Grbic

Votes: 29 5.8%
  • Wes

Votes: 283 56.9%
  • Davies

Votes: 42 8.5%
  • The exhumed corpse of Fatty Foulke

Votes: 143 28.8%

• Total voters

If we had 2mil for a keeper I have to question why we went for Grbic. I’m confident 2mil would’ve been enough to sign Viktor in Jan. VJ doesn’t have great distribution but he’s very agile, he’s an athletic shot stopper. Surely that would’ve been the better choice when weighing up our options. We must’ve signed Grbic blind and that’s absolutely criminal!

Can somebody explain why Amissah hasn't had a chance? Is he not ready or not good enough or what?
He's out of contract at the end of the season O won't be here either.

It's one of the Wilder Pardoxes (sp?!?!) that he's a stubborn cunt when it comes to not playing people who refuse to sign a new contract (Wes/Amissah) but then picks a front line of loanees and hauls Norwood off the bench....

it funny how times change that 57% of people voting for wes, because the fanbase turned on wes in december so many have changed their tune,
Why?

People thought we needed an upgrade for the PL and Wes apparently made it clear he wasn't renewing.

The fact the replacement is worse doesn't mean anyone is changing their tune.

There are 20 people in the world that want to see Gribic between the sticks again o_O

What is t there another option.

Honestly feel that playing a youth player couldn’t be much worse, Grbic really is that bad.

Other 2 are off so why play them.

None of these are anywhere near Premier league standard. If Grbic is dropped it doesn't leave us any option but to play Davies, who was barely a decent back up last season.

Wilder should had some bottle and drop have Gribic at halftime and put Wes in just like Warnock did with Baxter in 2003 against Burnley Grbic not a keeper who every scouted him must want sacking. The goal he’s cost us if I was manger he would be si and di now rant over

Why?

People thought we needed an upgrade for the PL and Wes apparently made it clear he wasn't renewing.

The fact the replacement is worse doesn't mean anyone is changing their tune.
i thought it wasnt contactual i thought it was performance based so if wes isnt good enough in December he wont be april. so you cant go back. so by the idea we need to go with whoever is 3rd choice

None of these are anywhere near Premier league standard. If Grbic is dropped it doesn't leave us any option but to play Davies, who was barely a decent back up last season.
All 3 backup keepers are out of contract at the end of the season. So surely the logical decision is to play the best, Wes.

i thought it wasnt contactual i thought it was performance based so if wes isnt good enough in December he wont be april. so you cant go back. so by the idea we need to go with whoever is 3rd choice
You're not making any sense with respect.

We are down so
Not wes - he wants to leave
Not Grbic he is both poor and unlucky

So give Davis a run out he has been loyal and i dont remember him being so bad last time he played

it funny how times change that 57% of people voting for wes, because the fanbase turned on wes in december so many have changed their tune,
Not that hard, is it?

In December, Wes was perceived by many as not being good enough for the level we are playing at - not my own opinion but i can understand why a lot of fans felt this way.

What they didn't know back in December, is that the alternative to Wes is far, far worse.

So given the choice between Wes, or someone far, far worse, it is not unreasonable for those who thought Was isn't good enough for the level we're playing at, to nonetheless stlll choose Wes over someone far, far worse.

Give the lad faxon a go. Apparently the big boys were after him. Wilder doesn’t like Fods but this picking of grbic is his downfall

Not that hard, is it?

In December, Wes was perceived by many as not being good enough for the level we are playing at - not my own opinion but i can understand why a lot of fans felt this way.

What they didn't know back in December, is that the alternative to Wes is far, far worse.

So given the choice between Wes, or someone far, far worse, it is not unreasonable for those who thought Was isn't good enough for the level we're playing at, to nonetheless stlll choose Wes over someone far, far worse.
i was happy with wes, id be happy to go back. because i thought he was great shot stopper but id feel like some fans got a bit Guardiola. where talking about his all around game & he not great with his feet.

Blasphemy, using Billy Foulkes name in the same thread as the other three.
Aught to have used A.N. Other.
I would vote for him every time, over the other three and I amp't even seen him play.
Might seem daft and I recon no body will have ever done that before. 😌

Makes you wonder how we’ve managed to end up with such a bunch of turds.

The best of them, Wes, is most famous for his manager taking the piss out of him.

The new guy, Grbic, is now consistently a averaging 3 goals per game conceded and probably bares responsibility for a third of them.

We’ve kept Amissah for too long and he looked miles off it at Burton, who must wonder what they’ve done to upset us given Heckford is nowhere near their team.

In all this, Davies can’t get a game as given his performance at home to Norwich, he can hardly be beating down the door either.

Let’s change the scenario a little.
Every now & then, you get kicked in the bollocks. Not a great story so far.
Someone comes along & says they have a way you can get kicked in the bollocks less often. You take that deal.
Turns out they’re lying & you get kicked in the bollocks more often instead. Help!!
Then you remember you have the chance to go back to being kicked in the bollocks less often. Wouldn’t you go for it? I would.

We were right to look for a new keeper, especially if Wes isn’t staying at the end of the season. It hasn’t worked out & we’ve improved the keeper situation by making it worse!! It’s OK to go back. The view of Wes hasn’t changed - he’s just better than Ivo the Scarecrow.

This might not be the greatest analogy ever used…..

Back
Top Bottom