Getting rid of Jack Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He actually had the highest pass completion % of any of our players today (71 out of 75 passes completed).

giphy.gif

Surely he wouldn't be leaving that quickly. I thought they usually warmed down first.
Did he ever warm up?
I know what you mean - I was surprised as was the bloke stood next to me who also thought it was him.
Maybe we both got it wrong.
Maybe Slav told him to sling his hook. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Surely he wouldn't be leaving that quickly. I thought they usually warmed down first.

He didn’t get off the pitch until about 5pm. I’d be very surprised if he drove off 10 minutes later but you never know what it going off in a players life that means he has to get off early/quickly.

The lad has played his bolocks off every time he's been in the squad. Granted he's lacking in overall ability.

I'd sooner a team working their socks off and losing every week, to a team of Flecks that have waltzed around for the last 18 months looking disinterested.

I felt a bit for him today. Thought he was having a good game until the mistake and he looked absolutely distraught by it. As others have said, he shouldn’t be starting but he’s good enough for a place in the squad and he’s certainly better than he gets credit for on here.
Spot on

Surely tonight was his swansong - 5 glaring errors though the match , the final backheader to set up their last minute equaliser losing us 2 points.
Play Lopata or Bash (or me , at 63) , Championship teams are pissing on us in the air in our box.

The problem with Jack Robinson is exactly the same problem we had when we put Enda in the back three. They are both left backs by trade and generally afforded more time on the ball in that position. Good centre backs know they have to get it out of the danger area as quickly as possible, especially with strikers bearing down on them. So in fairness to Jackie Longthrow he is being played out of position.

One of my least favourite United players for a very long time.

He was pretty good against Fulham though

I dislike him 10x less than Tony McMahon and Michael Doyle.
100% agree.

McMahon was a complete lightweight with the heart of a mouse. Took a decent free kick, and that was it.

The same couldn't be said of Doyle, as he was completely talentless. Ran around a bit and pointed. Utterly crap.

The behind the scenes videos we’ve put out have done nothing to enhance Robinson’s image

I’ve been tempted to resurrect this thread myself a few times after months of impressive JLT performances with a “well done for making a total twat out of me Jack” kind of comment.

But I was paralysed by the nonsensical fear that might turn him bad again.

Turning into a bit of a cult hero is Robbo, fair play to the lad, he deserves all the praise as he's had enough stick. I've been critical at times but he's in the team on merit partly because he gives everything, he never smirks a tackle, is decent in the air and he attacks the ball going forward too. And there's the long throw of course - like watching Vinny in 1990, just without the stupid headband!

Back
Top Bottom