Get Chelsea relegated!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Separate documents show a £250,000 payment to the former Chelsea sporting director Frank Arnesen. Arnesen told the Guardian he would usually have expected the payment, a discretionary bonus, to have come from Chelsea rather than another company, but was unaware of any rule breaches and had declared it for tax purposes.

I particularly like this bit. I usually like my bonuses to come from the company I work for rather than some other random entity, but who would question it? :D

Chelsea should be stripped of everything they won under Abramovich….. but they won’t be.

Why aren’t the clubs that play by the rules lobbying the FA, EPL, EFL, and the government about this, and all the other cheats, it’s absolutely sucking the life out pf the game and providing completely unfair advantage. It’s n absolute disgrace.

Why aren’t the clubs that play by the rules lobbying the FA, EPL, EFL, and the government about this, and all the other cheats, it’s absolutely sucking the life out pf the game and providing completely unfair advantage. It’s n absolute disgrace.
A few possibilities as I see it:
  1. There aren`t that many clubs that "play by the rules" - hence the number of clubs that could complain is diminishingly small.
  2. Fear - they know that the PL (rightly or wrongly) only sustains its appeal (i.e. the amount of $$$$ that it generates) with these "big" clubs in the package - they are scared of forcing the supposed "big" clubs into breaking away without them.
  3. The old boys network - there are enough clubs* in the PL that think** they are permanent fixtures that they can block any meaningful action (14 clubs are needed to agree any PL rule change) thus the remainder think - what's the point.
*off the top of my head - Man C, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, Arsenal, WHU, BHA, Villa, Palace, Everton
** they may be delusional, (Everton), but they think it - bearing in mind the Championship contains 2 previous PL champions, and that there are only 6 clubs that are ever presents in the - its a bold claim.

Because they all piss in the same pot and will not rock the boat .

See alot of these types of comments on the Sheff Wed forum too
How football is so unfair, we can't compete and how it's gone to the dogs and isn't the same. compared to to the 70's
but the reality is the bigger clubs with bigger finances have always had an unfair advantage. When us or Sheff Wed are in league 1, no Blades or Owls complain about the unfair advantage that we have the bigger budgets in the league so other clubs struggle to compete against us.

The truth is if Sheff Utd or Sheff Wed were bought my a multi billionaire and we started spending over 200 million every year, our fans would suddenly love it and think it was great to have a sugar daddy who is probably fiddling the rules.

They used to say "football was the working mans sport"
Now it's all changed because incredibly now "football is everyones game", including women and girls.
It's even become fashionable for the wealthy middle and upper classes to fall in love with football.
Also the Premier league is incredibly popular all around the world.
Hence why the Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona with the Italian giants Milan and Juventus are panicking.
Those clubs know that the Spanish league and Italian Leagues have no chance of competing and are holding back their revenues.
So those clubs are desperate to form a European Super league, where the English clubs currently don't need the Euro league.

England is unsual because there are so many big clubs and some of those big clubs are now becoming super clubs.
Reminds me of the argument about corner shops competing again giant supermarkets. Sheff Utd and Sheff Wed are like a corner shop and there's more and more Asda and Tescos, open 24 hours a day hyper markets appearing which sell everything.
There's pro and cons with each mode but I kind of think if the PL is the clear world leader then it must be doing something right.

Morally it's wrong what Chelsea, Man City etc are doing but their success is brought massive value to the Premier League
this trickles down so every Premier League club benefits. So it's tricky to administer a really excessive punishment, for example if Man City were relegated to the Championship, then the Premier League suffers, Man City would struggle to attract the best players and it gives other clubs in other countries a chance to start dominating Europe. Also to be honest I reckon most clubs are looking for loopholes and trying to fiddle FFP to gain some advantage. We were heading for the financial rocks and should have sold N'Diaye and Berge last season. So did we also cheat?

How football is so unfair, we can't compete and how it's gone to the dogs and isn't the same. compared to to the 70's
but the reality is the bigger clubs with bigger finances have always had an unfair advantage. When us or Sheff Wed are in league 1, no Blades or Owls complain about the unfair advantage that we have the bigger budgets in the league so other clubs struggle to compete against us.

The truth is if Sheff Utd or Sheff Wed were bought my a multi billionaire and we started spending over 200 million every year, our fans would suddenly love it and think it was great to have a sugar daddy who is probably fiddling the rules.

Now it's all changed because incredibly now "football is everyones game", including women and girls.
It's even become fashionable for the wealthy middle and upper classes to fall in love with football.
Hence why the Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona with the Italian giants Milan and Juventus are panicking.
Those clubs know that the Spanish league and Italian Leagues have no chance of competing and are holding back their revenues.
So those clubs are desperate to form a European Super league, where the English clubs currently don't need the Euro league.

England is unsual because there are so many big clubs and some of those big clubs are now becoming super clubs.
Reminds me of the argument about corner shops competing again giant supermarkets. Sheff Utd and Sheff Wed are like a corner shop and there's more and more Asda and Tescos, open 24 hours a day hyper markets appearing which sell everything.
There's pro and cons with each mode but I kind of think if the PL is the clear world leader then it must be doing something right.

Morally it's wrong what Chelsea, Man City etc are doing but their success is brought massive value to the Premier League
this trickles down so every Premier League club benefits. So it's tricky to administer a really excessive punishment, for example if Man City were relegated to the Championship, then the Premier League suffers, Man City would struggle to attract the best players and it gives other clubs in other countries a chance to start dominating Europe. Also to be honest I reckon most clubs are looking for loopholes and trying to fiddle FFP to gain some advantage. We were heading for the financial rocks and should have sold N'Diaye and Berge last season. So did we also cheat?
Most of what you say is true and it maybe too late to stop what's happening!,That's no reason to accept it ! The government stepping in forcing change maybe just in time.
Cheating is cheating ! The rest of football EFL, and others have to push the regulator to punish clubs who defi the rules.
Don't get : we have broken any rules selling Berge& Ndiah ? Losing Ndiah has made our task of staying up a lot tougher.

It would be interesting if clubs were obliged to list the fees paid for legal advice and representation separately.

Would Man City top that league as well?

Nothing will happen to them or City, Premier League will not want to damage their brand.

If what we are all saying is true, then why bother having FFP?

It seems to me that it's only function is to punish those who are not big enough to swindle it.

I go to watch my team, but I've no interest in watching any other EPL games or who wins it.

Someone said it has always been the same but that's not really true. Before the advent of the EPL, the League was much more open and although clubs like Liverpool generally won it, others like Forest could come from nowhere and compete. When we played in Division 1 in the 90's, you at least thought you had a chance of winning against any other team and we did, regularly.

Exactly this. For the 19/20 season, we all thought it was great. We gave everyone a game, beat Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa, Everton, West Ham etc. Drew with Man Utd in a thriller. Talk was of how we could get established as a top 10 Prem side. Not much mention of hating what was happening at that time. Then it goes tits up and everyone hates the Prem. 'It's corrupt', 'self serving', smaller clubs don't stand a chance' etc. (BTW, no-one seems to have told Crystal Palace, Brentford, Brighton, Bournemouth, Fulham etc. that they can't compete). Of course we'll never win the Prem. But having watched us since 1966, the highest we've finished in the top tier is sixth in 1975, so this is not a shock to me. In fact, apart from that season, and the 19/20 season, I don't think we've finished in the top half of the 1st tier (although Silentblade may correct me).

Really don't understand the downer folks have on football now, wanting a fucking 'regulator'. What to regulate what is probably Britain's most successful sector? Premier League matches almost always sold out. More than half of the Championship averaging 25k+. Plenty of tier 3 and 4 teams averaging 12k+. Man City playing the finest footy ever seen in England. The most watched sports leagues in the world. Most industries would crave that kind of success. Indeed, all sports throughout the world would crave that kind of success.

And a team like City dominating for many years is not new. Liverpool won everything just about every year in the 80s. Man Utd similarly 90s and 00s.

Look, I loved the Bassett era etc. when we gave it a go despite pretty much a one or two man team. (Deane, Hodges). But that will always eventually end in failure because of lack of class players. We may go down (probably). We may stay up (possibly). But to think of the pre-Prem days as being some kind of halcyon days for football when hordes followed The Blades up and down the land in great days is fanciful at best. (Went to Spurs for the 2-1 victory in 1973 when SUT coaches were the main mode of travel for everyone. There were precisely 2 coaches went. And I didn't say 'coachloads' as one of them was half-empty).

Just enjoy it, 'cos it's here to stay....

Back
Top Bottom