GCB at Wembley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think the GCB should be sensored too, in light of the damage we now know is caused by a ‘packet of Woodbines and a good pinch of snuff’ It seems irresponsible to encourage by suggestion, younger supporters to take up the habit.

‘Fuck VAR’ isn’t very nice either nor is ‘shitting on the bastards below’ or ‘swinging an opposition fan, from Hyde Park flats to Wadsley Bridge’ None are suitable to the innocent ears of our younger supporters.

Alternatively, as we know that nobody is ever going to stop singing any songs or alter the lyrics, why don’t people with young children sit where it can’t clearly be heard and when asked ‘What are they singing’ shrug their shoulders and change the subject, until their kids are old enough to understand, it’s just intended to goad the opposition fans and not to be taken literally. (Not that anyone would, kids included)

Get a grip people ffs

Last edited:

I don’t know how you log have the time to go around trying to pull… I’m usually stuck on the drinking all their beer and kidney punching their pensioners bit. Am I doing it wrong?
Your not propa unless you tip the wheel chair users over as well

Good luck getting multiple groups of bladdered blades to co-ordinate the start of the GCB.... at Wembley!

But we should be able to sort ourselves out to ensure good support generally

Presumably the noise mekkers will gather in the lower tier behind the goal?
Should be obvious but with the practical realities of waiting to get tickets in big groups etc people will end up all over the place as usual, with the inevitable blade on blade "siddarn" based violence to follow

Here's an idea. It's not revolutionary as other clubs have done it. But maybe, just maybe, the club could advertise the block behind the net as the singing section? Other clubs do it. Hudds did it against us in 2012. It was loud, they had balloons, colours, it worked. But nah, too modern for this fan base. Don't like owt different. Just be boring, quiet and out of sync with each other
Good idea and should be easy to implement..... would still have to be fan led though because there's absolutely no way the club would do that of their own accord. It would be 'unsafe', or something

No disaster if we don't do anything like that for this particular hopeless endeavour but if we're in the play off final it's a must

I think we should ban Tammy Winetts song Stand by “Your” man. If men can’t say my woman ergo women can’t say my man.

BTW I thought the screeching level of commentary / punditry for the men’s England Ukraine game was outstanding but I turned over and missed who the Fluid Gender Representative of the Match was. But whoever it was I bet they had Bollox.

If people start singing gcb as the ball is kicked and everyone's arms go up, the song should sound fine from the pitch, even if it sounds a mess to all of us. First game watching the blades in 3 years, if it's sung loud, will be magical. UTB

Agreed.
Regardless of when the coked up 20year olds start..
We should belt it out from the moment the ball is first kicked

I can’t work out why the Shoreham song never caught on with the thousands of lasses or women who go away or the lane

Waste of time trying to organise this. We've tried it every time we've been. No chance

I think it’s more the inference in the song that the sole purpose of women is to be “shagged” by men. I agree with the original poster, it is embarrassing and not at all inclusive or suitable for 2023.
You've lost me now. This 'inclusive' that you mention. Are we talking this year's package holidays? 🤔

Used to happen…….I can remember being a member when I was a young un, my favourite was ….’you can go but be back soon’, always started by the guy with the straggly beard😉
Exactly this - exactly this

We used to sing ‘thank you very much , thank you very much , that’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for me ….’ Great days

I think we need a songs refresh. I absolutely love Shoreham Boys when it starts up. But the misogynistic and frankly juvenile last two lines are quite embarrassing.,,and we know it. I also think GCB probably needs an extra verse or two that we can pull out the bag for special occasions, like Wembley visits etc.
Unfortunately, most of our very best songs are either about players or managers, and sadly they either leave, get injured or start being crap.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: 🙈

Calling that song "Quite embarassing" is hardly losing their marbles @Bladeloyal . It's more like measured criticism, which is pretty justified given that some of the posters making this point attend matches with their daughters.
I don't consider myself a "cave man" and I'm reasonably respectful of other people's opinions ..... having listened to young ladies' language in the 21st century, I'm persuaded that they are certainly not offended by football song lyrics.

Anyone attending football matches (at any ground) is not surprised to hear language which wouldn't be considered appropriate / politically correct / etc

My suggestion to those who sit next to their daughters at the game is to ask them "does this song offend you"? My guess is, the answer will be either no, duh .... or perhaps what !! stop it dad ! :rolleyes:

UTB & FTP

As a kid the ''oh sheffield is wonderful'' was one of my favourites when I first stood on the john st terrace. i can't remember hearing that for years and years. i think the way sing uuunnniiiited is great as it's different to the traditional ''united, united, united'' chant.

The ''we are bladesman, super bladesman'' is always a good atmosphere generator too.

I think GCB has run its course now, lost its spontaneity which is what made it great back in the day. Used to love the reaction of opposition fans to the lyrics.

Send a request to Wembley asking to have Annie song played 😄😄
My understanding is the stadium announcers from both clubs work these neutral games. They get to make sure the right songs are played before and after (for example, we will hear blue moon when we’re airing down the stairs to leave), and indeed get the use of the mic, so I wonder if he can influence an Annie’s Song opener?

I’d certainly be happy to have blue moon played before the game too for the city fans to sing if we also got ours.

My understanding is the stadium announcers from both clubs work these neutral games. They get to make sure the right songs are played before and after (for example, we will hear blue moon when we’re airing down the stairs to leave), and indeed get the use of the mic, so I wonder if he can influence an Annie’s Song opener?

I’d certainly be happy to have blue moon played before the game too for the city fans to sing if we also got ours.

Imagine….just imagine….we win….one of the greatest victories in the clubs history and Garyoke is straight there to ruin it with Status Quo.

Fucking glad we’ve never won there.

‘Indulge in some mutual heavy petting, and imbibe the alcoholic beverage of your choice’
I don’t think that scans very well though

Back
Top Bottom