Gazza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What is your "raison d'etre" Barmey.

What are you trying to prove?

That you are a joke?

You are doing a great job btw

It's a reyt bastard when someone trolls you, innit, Tob Cad?

p o m m p e y

THAT challenge at Wembley ripped up what could have been an amazing career. Prior to that he was developing into an incredible footballer. The goal he scored v Pompey in the Cup was mesmerising. Too much time on the sidelines post-injury exposed him to too much time to drink and it's very very sad to see such talent wasted, especially as despite his wife-beating episode he seemed to be such a nice bloke desperately seeking some attention and support (hence 5-bellies always being dragged around the place). I saw him a few times with Waddle in the Devonshire in Dore, and he was on top form, but you could see by then he was "gone".

He could have been our Messi, our Ronaldo, but he was certainly our "Best"

They'll chase him around, here, there, everywhere, photograph him, ridicule him, chase him even more...
Never to be left alone. The cycle will carry on until ....

The day he's dead.

Then those who have chased him, ridiculed him, tormented him...
Will weep fake tears of sorrow and pity, will immortalise him, "beatify him" (think about that)
and'll write eulogies of love and columns of tragic despair for a human being, who's sad demise and
death, they played a key role in.

He needs help. Not this.

Who'll be the next?

He appeared through a hedge in Portugal at the house where my cousins were on holiday, had been chased about by the press and had got away from them. He asked for a beer but they gave him a cuppa instead. He stayed and chatted for a couple of hours and played football with the kids. Sadly he's just a man gripped by an addiction, but a great footballing talent nevertheless.

Its the Daily mail ,don't believe a word they print.
I have seen some memorable performances by players in my life but Gascoigne against us in the league cup was the best Ive ever seen. He ran the game for 90 minutes ,he was unbelievable. Other players who were brilliant but miles behind were Obafemi martins for Newcastle ,Scholes for Man utd ,Saunders for Derby and Cole for Bristol City oh and Zola for Chelsea but that was in a friendly.

I once had a lock in at the Devonshire at Dore with a couple of mates. Gazza was in there with Chris Waddle. Gazza wouldn't let anyone else pay for a drink he was generous to a fault.

Two mates and myself spent a late evening early morning drinking with him when he was in Sheffield and Waddle had left him to his own devices as Mrs W wouldn't let him stop at their home. As you said, wanted to pay for every round - we wouldn't let him - and he was brilliant company. Clearly had demons but a great personality and as funny as you could get. No big ego either. As has been pointed out much of his problem related to a terrible incident in his childhood plus a family that didn't give a toss until he had a few quid. No excuse but we all have demons, some more than others and not subject to press scrutiny.

oooh..she's back. Not been around for a while Pommmmmmmpey?

Hows the psychotic Kevin McCabe hatred going?

Are you still able to focus your attention on your day job? Or is it all consuming.

oooh..she's back. Not been around for a while Pommmmmmmpey?

Strange, coming from someone so feted as an 'ex-pro', now seemingly absent to suggest he logs in at his local library.

Hows the psychotic Kevin McCabe hatred going?

Do you have anything to counter my cynicism of McCabe and his serial governance over our club which has left us struggling like fuck in the middle of the third division? Or in your fucked up world is Sheffield United doing just brilliantly under McCabe? If it is, I'd like to see your working out, please. If not ... y'know ... STFU.

Are you still able to focus your attention on your day job? Or is it all consuming.

What the fuck do you know about my day job, son? About as much as you do about Sheff Utd?

Pitiful, but hilarious. Keep trying, lad.

p o m m p e y

Strange, coming from someone so feted as an 'ex-pro', now seemingly absent to suggest he logs in at his local library.

Do you have anything to counter my cynicism of McCabe and his serial governance over our club which has left us struggling like fuck in the middle of the third division? Or in your fucked up world is Sheffield United doing just brilliantly under McCabe? If it is, I'd like to see your working out, please. If not ... y'know ... STFU.

What the fuck do you know about my day job, son? About as much as you do about Sheff Utd?

p o m m p e y

He only posts when the pubs are closing, strange that.....

A tiny little tickle. And the Devo avatar cracks me up. Does that make your music tastes "Bohemian"?

p o m m p e y

Its the Daily mail ,don't believe a word they print.
I have seen some memorable performances by players in my life but Gascoigne against us in the league cup was the best Ive ever seen. He ran the game for 90 minutes ,he was unbelievable. Other players who were brilliant but miles behind were Obafemi martins for Newcastle ,Scholes for Man utd ,Saunders for Derby and Cole for Bristol City oh and Zola for Chelsea but that was in a friendly.
Martins, chuffing hell, what a hot and cold player he was. Could destroy the best teams in the world on his day and week after would miss 3 sitters against Accrington Stanley in the cup.

By the way, this is so sad to see but I'm struggling for any ideas to help him. He keeps getting the help he needs but then he hits the bottle again seemingly as soon as he sees it. He needs rehab for a long long time.

Would fucking help if your 'ex-pro' skills ventured into using a fucking messageboard properly, wouldn't it, kid?

Nah, try looking at the avatar. It's called 'irony'. That's not summat you pressy your shirty with, BTW.

Devo were good. But way back before you were pissing in your kecks.

Now, do you want me to continue playing the man, or do you want to discuss Sheffield United?

p o m m p e y

Last edited:

They'll chase him around, here, there, everywhere, photograph him, ridicule him, chase him even more...
Never to be left alone. The cycle will carry on until ....

The day he's dead.

Then those who have chased him, ridiculed him, tormented him...
Will weep fake tears of sorrow and pity, will immortalise him, "beatify him" (think about that)
and'll write eulogies of love and columns of tragic despair for a human being, who's sad demise and
death, they played a key role in.

He needs help. Not this.

Who'll be the next?
Isn't there a saying, "the King is always killed by his courtiers"?

What's this got to do we Blades? Wrong universe, you simply have to get this correct as I have learned. This site is run by Kim Jong Un.

Last edited:
What's this got to do we Blades? Wrong universe, you simply have to get this correct as I have learned. This site is run by King Jong Un.

As opposed to Kim Jong-un who runs North Korea.......;) (or is this a sting and I've just fallen for it? o_O).

I was in Aberdeen in 1986 and went to watch an England vs Scotland U-21 game.
Was a sellout due to about 10,000 Geordies that had come north just to watch Gazza.
Game was a boring 0-0 but the banter between the Jocks and the Geordies was brilliant.

Reactions: Dkc

you missed currie bowles and marsh then

You mean R*****y M***h ? Not that special but, in any event, there should be a rule that his name is never, ever, mentioned on this forum except in the context of him being a total and utter scumbag.

Not only did he break Jim McAlister's leg but followed it up by taunting the Kop by waving the foot about he did it with and pointing to it.

A disgrace to his profession.

Back
Top Bottom