Gazza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Clarke Carlisle talking about the stresses in life for pro athletes this morning. He says they are no more than someone who is a single parent, unemployed, doctor or nurse. The stress of life and mental health issues are just as great whatever your circumstances. He's had far more help than any man in the street ever would but those around him contrived to use him for their fame and fortune IMO and he wasn't strong enough to take the help but weak enough to allow himself to be used. Don't wish him grief but equally don't have any sympathy however good he was as a footballer! Same goes for three livers Best.

Didnt think the rumour was that serious. He was with Rangers at the time and in 1997 papers were saying that Kendall enquired about him but a lady Blade fan believed the rumour and wrote to Flashing Blade saying that if we signed him, she would never come to the Lane again because he is a wife-beater
Sound familiar??

I'd highly recommend watching this documentary:

Follows Gazza during his comback from knee surgery while at Lazio. Fascinating to see the lad from Tyneside chatting away to the physio in Italian.

One surprising part is where he candidly confesses to suffering from pretty severe OCD, such as not being able to leave the hotel room unless his towels were folded in a particular way which he'd spent ridiculous amounts of time trying to get right.

Wonder if character traits like that contributed to his eventual illness and downfall.

Remember the bid being on the front page of one of the tabloids at the time. Very odd time to be a Blade with similar stories about being after Michael Laudrup and various others.

Troubling lifestyles footballers have , being hero worshipped then becoming normal , it leaves some unable to cope , and tragedies
like Clark Carlisle trying to end it all are becoming regular occurences .
Dean Windass had severe depression and admits he considered suicide too and being penned in ivory towers away from normal life is bound to leave some unable to cope with real life when it comes to an end , getting too much money brings some dreadful outcomes , like Gillespie who blew millions on gambling, 5000 a week should be enough for anyone,

Remember the bid being on the front page of one of the tabloids at the time. Very odd time to be a Blade with similar stories about being after Michael Laudrup and various others.

What did we bid? a keg of beer?

An idiot for being an addict? :confused:

Where did I say that??

I repeat, the best player I have ever seen, by a mile.

But an idiot for smacking his ex, and especially for being caught drink-driving 3 times. Imagine how many times he drove pissed without being caught? Having lost a family member to a drink-driver, 'being an addict' is not sufficient excuse for me.

I'll happily exchange the word idiot for 'twat' if it helps.

UTB

I once had a lock in at the Devonshire at Dore with a couple of mates. Gazza was in there with Chris Waddle. Gazza wouldn't let anyone else pay for a drink he was generous to a fault.

Where did I say that??

You didn't. But then again you didn't say anything apart from 'IS an idiot'

Sorry to hear about your family member but the general consensus is that Gascoigne has an obviously serious problem with being addicted to alcohol.

I thought you were being flippant about his demise and the often devastating nature of substance addiction.

You didn't. But then again you didn't say anything apart from 'IS an idiot'

Sorry to hear about your family member but the general consensus is that Gascoigne has an obviously serious problem with being addicted to alcohol.

I thought you were being flippant about his demise and the often devastating nature of substance addiction.

And I have come to understand that the addictions are a a direct consequence of his long standing mental health issues. When I reflect back on the laughs we had at his expense (thanks to his actions and the reporting of such by our media), I feel a little ashamed at being so quick to condemn him in the past.

Didnt think the rumour was that serious. He was with Rangers at the time and in 1997 papers were saying that Kendall enquired about him but a lady Blade fan believed the rumour and wrote to Flashing Blade saying that if we signed him, she would never come to the Lane again because he is a wife-beater
Ahh so it was a serious bid and he was about to sign but we pulled the plug cos some woman wrote in to complain? Sounds about right for us.... ;)

That's seriously funny!

9288921-1.jpg

pommpey

What is your "raison d'etre" Barmey.

What are you trying to prove?

That you are a joke?

You are doing a great job btw

Not only the best player I have ever seen wearing an England shirt but also the finest player I have ever played football with....On the same team as!

Hows that for a claim to fame :D;).

He had a brief cameo up at Brunsmeer when Wadds came in.

Back
Top Bottom