Gary O'Neil

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The ref was great with them, giving free kicks for things he didn't even see and giving them a man advantage so they could equalise.

But he won't mention that..

I did love it when that big fanny with the shit haircut bust into tears as they walked off, what the fuck is it coming to with these show pony footballers..

Fucking hilarious..
And if you thought the ref had cheated your team and given a penalty for nothing - why would you cry, surely you'd be frothing at the mouth with rage?
He knew exactly he'd done!

Wolves got so many generous decisions all afternoon that they can have absolutely no complaints about the penalty. It was way more of a foul than any of their free-kicks.

It's a nice deflection tactic from O'Neill and fits nicely into their narrative that they're getting no decisions in their favour, but if I was him I'd instead be questioning why his team totally collapsed in the second half. They had no bottle, no fight and no passion.

Will somebody please talk about the (potential) foul on Bogle in the box. As I saw it, he's fouled outside the box, stays on his feet and then is fouled again in the box. Referee gives free kick outside the box.
I've not seen a replay and wasn't even mentioned on MOTD so I might be wrong.
He didn’t get fouled in the box. He got fouled outside but fell over in the box when he realised he wasn’t getting the ball.

The ref was great with them, giving free kicks for things he didn't even see and giving them a man advantage so they could equalise.

I did love it when that big fanny with the shit haircut bust into tears as they walked off, what the fuck is it coming to with these show pony footballers..

Fucking hilarious..

Will somebody please talk about the (potential) foul on Bogle in the box. As I saw it, he's fouled outside the box, stays on his feet and then is fouled again in the box. Referee gives free kick outside the box.
I've not seen a replay and wasn't even mentioned on MOTD so I might be wrong.

Valid points which were not included in the highlights, the sub that the ref/4th official wouldnt let us make before the goal and Bogles foul. Corner and goal kick we should have had, possible earlier penalty for handball, soft diving from Wolves players including the fake one the ref only caught the end of.

Again it would have changed the narrative that we were lucky in the MOTD highlights, if you stack up all these and the win was deserved as Blades had a lot of poor decisions go against them.

Again it would have changed the narrative that we were lucky in the MOTD highlights, if you stack up all these and the win was deserved as Blades had a lot of poor decisions go against them.

I don't watch match of the day, or BBC television for that matter, they'll only pander to the London clubs, and then the big northern teams..

I don't know how it happens, whenever we get to the prem the media just turn on us, so I tend not to fucking bother with sycophantic cunts like linneker.

with gary o neil & wolves complaining about ref fooled by a "dive" well you reap what you so sow. because that 18 was embarrassing hes 6ft 7 guy ive seen old ladies with more strength than him he spent more time on the floor than on his feet

"The Wolverhampton player took a lunge at George intending to foul him. George went over thinking he was about to be fouled so I gave the penalty for intent" said referee Rob Jones.
I’m going to assume you’ve made that up because if not there is so much wrong with it 🤣🤣🤣

If he expected the ref to admit a mistake then he’s even thicker than he looks. The PGMOL and former refs are all the same as well.

I’ve not seen it slowed down enough but it looked a pen to me in real time.

For once we’ve gone to ground convincingly enough to win one.

Baldock was also straight up and not rolling around appealing, I’m certain that if it was in the other box that wouldn’t have happened.

ITS A PEN
soft yes
Contact yes
Penalty
Got away with one a minute before as no decent camera angle so hard cheddar
I read what Mike Dean said which was interesting.

Basically saying var would not overturn it as ref gave it and there was contact

He seemed to also hint that had ref not given it var wouldn't have.

Similar to "umpires call" in cricket.

I'd agree with you. It's soft. But there's contact...and good on Baldock for going down giving the ref a decision to make

Here’s the view of the panellists plus expert Mike Dean as it played out. Scroll down to the Sue Hendrie Mike Dean video.

It was soft, yes. But we need to be smarter in general. Everyone knows that decisions get given in the prem for fuck all, so we need to learn and play to it. Technically it's wrong. But every fucker else does it, so why not? Good on furious George for feeling the contact and going down.

Absolute wind up merchant you...or a shorter masquerading as a Blade?
Mate look at any stats and they outperformed us.

Possession, shots on target, shots, passes , Xg absolutely everything was in their favour. We won the second half they won the first. We got a penalty late on and that pushed us on.

Staying in games when being under the cosh is exactly what we want. If you think we somehow deserved a win then it’s those tinted glasses.

Possession, shots on target, shots, passes , Xg absolutely everything was in their favour. We won the second half they won the first. We got a penalty late on and that pushed us on.

Staying in games when being under the cosh is exactly what we want. If you think we somehow deserved a win then it’s those tinted glasses.
Let it go. We’re keeping the three points.

Fucking hilarious..
If your referring to the Hamer one which was 100% a free kick to them sure looked like he got a call in his ear
otherwise don’t forget the ref gave us a man advantage when he ordered that lanky bloke off with an open face cut and the game to continue with them down to 10

Valid points which were not included in the highlights, the sub that the ref/4th official wouldnt let us make before the goal and Bogles foul. Corner and goal kick we should have had, possible earlier penalty for handball, soft diving from Wolves players including the fake one the ref only caught the end of.

That fake one was 100% a foul Hamer had hold of him and almost swung him round
Boggles was outside the box
Ref ordering their player off with a cut lip for treatment then instructing him to go to the half way line before coming on meaning they played on down to 10

"The Wolverhampton player took a lunge at George intending to foul him. George went over thinking he was about to be fouled so I gave the penalty for intent" said referee Rob Jones.
Just like Rob Styles did when Gerrard went to ground in 2006 “ gave penalty for intent” from Morgan’s tackle

Had it been Furious standing on Jack Grealishes toes though, he would have been rolling on the floor until VAR gave him the pen.
Then no one would disagree.

The old adage, play TO the whistle, seems to have been altered to play FOR the whistle, by many in the PL.

If Furious falls to the ground and rolls around, there would be far less debate, but we don't.

The same things will happen this season on 90% of our games, so you expect us to roll over and have our bollocks tickled and accept defeat just because of stats ?

As a spectacle the Premier League isn’t great due to the constant stop start of free kicks. Largely due to the match officials inability to recognise what is a genuine foul and what is simulation.

To most people who’ve actually played men’s football it’s fairy easy to make the distinction, but if you want to be a top level referee, you need to start at about age 12, so that rules that out.

But nevertheless, there are cameras for every conceivable angle, so why aren’t they punishing blatant offenders retrospectively? Sunday morning review panel dishing out 4 game bans, would soon make managers and players alike, change their mindset and as a consequence improve the game immeasurably.

Whilst I acknowledge I am a great football visionary, I can’t be the only one who’s considered this simple remedy. So why the reluctance to do it?
The problem lies with the Laws of the game always has done and always will do. Under Law 12 Fouls and misconduct you have the does or attempts for example kick or attempts to kick. That straight away leads to grey areas, the referee then has to make a decision as to whether the player has been infringed as above or has simulated which is a fine line. In theory there aren’t enough direct free kicks/penalties. The amount of times you will hear in the stands or sidelines at a Sunday League game “he didn’t touch him ref” he doesn’t have to in theory for it to be a free kick. The isn’t in the opinion of the referee if you take off the red and white specs every now and then you can see it’s the correct decision but from one angle to another it’s amazing how much that changes. Back of the Kop after 10 pints you are guessing with the crowd, the officials “aren’t as bad” as many think

It was soft as a beery shite, bit of contact and a bit of nouse from our George.

If that was Baldock on Silva, the narrative would be ‘you can’t dive in there’.

Sometimes these soft ones are given, sometimes they aren’t, but they never get overturned by VAR. All the noise is just the football content factory rumbling along, this week it’s us. O’Neil’s trying make a bit of noise in the hope it influences the next marginal one.
This 100%

Oi O’Neil. That there Premier League is as corrupt as fuck tha knows.

Back
Top Bottom