Gary O'Neil

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Talked endlessly about the pen decision that went against them.
No mention of the soft free kicks they were given where virtually no contact happened - especially the one where the bloke dived & the ref wasn’t even looking!
He’s right that the standard & consistency of refereeing & VAR is questionable.
I’d say the same about his interview technique.
Mardy arse.

ITS A PEN
soft yes
Contact yes
Penalty
Got away with one a minute before as no decent camera angle so hard cheddar
Exactly this.
I've seen pens given for what we got.
I think the argument is Baldock was on his way down perhaps already but that's hard to judge. The other argument is that Silva's foot strikes the ground not GB. Again it may do but it looks like it touches or strikes Baldock.

Very soft pen but a pen none the less.

The handball one before was baffling though. Doesn't hit his hand and it's going towards goal and keeper may have to save it. That's a pen.

It was soft as a beery shite, bit of contact and a bit of nouse from our George.

If that was Baldock on Silva, the narrative would be ‘you can’t dive in there’.

Sometimes these soft ones are given, sometimes they aren’t, but they never get overturned by VAR. All the noise is just the football content factory rumbling along, this week it’s us. O’Neil’s trying make a bit of noise in the hope it influences the next marginal one.

It was a ridiculous decision to give the pen. We’d have been equally livid had it gone against us. At least O’Neill volunteers an opinion and calls out shite officiating.

Some of these Premier League clowns will end up costing us vital points this season. It’s great we won, but some sense of perspective PLEASE FFS!

Every team in this league will ‘win’ a pen like that this season
Kane has been doing it for years, as has Fernandes, Sterling, Salah etc
Yet for those the rhetoric is ‘the defender shouldn’t have put his foot in and given the ref a decision to make’

Not advocating cheating, but we can’t compete on finances, world class players, but to stand a chance we do need to be cuter, if we stay up by 1 point how much is that pen worth

#cantbeatemjoinem

Wish our social media team would clip all the soft diving that wolves did during that game an title it “you win some you lose some” win the ending a slow-mo of Norwood sliding on his knees.

Perspective, because the amount of times teams have gone down soft against us is staggering, not having neutrals think we didn’t deserve that win, we comfortably battered them in the second half.

We got smashed first half and smashed them second half.

I don’t get this how we deserved a win! A point was fair. The ref gave us our first win.

Do feel for O’Neil as it happened 2 weeks running for him.

He’s a decent guy really and has done v well for Bournemouth and wolves. I’ve no issue with him disputing that it was a pen. MOTD commentators all agreed it wasn’t a pen. It was a soft pen for me but still a foul.
It was deffo a pen .the more I have seen it and the more George gets accused of diving by the motd crew, the more convinced I am that the ref made an outstanding decision

ITS A PEN
soft yes
Contact yes
Penalty
Got away with one a minute before as no decent camera angle so hard cheddar
I agree - it was a pen, and the sort that is given week in, week out to the likes of arse & citeh.

Re that previous penalty shout, it did seem very strange that with all the cameras at a PL match, they couldn't find a decent one that didn't look like it had been positioned behind the away team coach in the car park. Again I feel pretty sure that a better angle would have been found for the likes of arse and citeh, and if if not, the ref would have been called over to take a look. From what was visible, it looked like a strong shout.

The ref was great with them, giving free kicks for things he didn't even see and giving them a man advantage so they could equalise.

But he won't mention that..

I did love it when that big fanny with the shit haircut bust into tears as they walked off, what the fuck is it coming to with these show pony footballers..

Fucking hilarious..

What a mardy bastard ! No mention of getting away with a possible penalty with the hand ball ? No mention of us wanting to make a sub before their deflected equaliser?
We’ve all had bad luck in games and things that go for and against you , Maguire on McAtee last home game ? He is correct with fine margins but I would take a healthy guess that’s the same for every team throughout the season .
Mardy fucker .
As ever UTB!

It was a ridiculous decision to give the pen. We’d have been equally livid had it gone against us. At least O’Neill volunteers an opinion and calls out shite officiating.

Some of these Premier League clowns will end up costing us vital points this season. It’s great we won, but some sense of perspective PLEASE FFS!

He only volunteers an opinion because he lost.

You see it every single week and it sums up the game really. Every manager who gain from a 50/50 decision always says, "I've looked at it on a replay and it's definitely the correct decision" Where as, weirdly enough, every manager who loses from a 50/50 decision says "it's poor refereeing every week and it shouldn't happen, why do we have VAR when they don't correct the decision. I don't understand the rules anymore".

Even the fans are the same.
90% of fans benefiting from a decision, say it's definitely correct.
Where as 90% of fans losing from a decision, say it's definitely wrong.

The issue is in football there will always be 50/50 judgment based decisions, so these will ALWAYS be controversial.
Take away VAR, employ the best refs ever from around the world, employ an AI computer hawk eye robot and fans will still complain about poor officiating.

Will somebody please talk about the (potential) foul on Bogle in the box. As I saw it, he's fouled outside the box, stays on his feet and then is fouled again in the box. Referee gives free kick outside the box.
I've not seen a replay and wasn't even mentioned on MOTD so I might be wrong.

We got smashed first half and smashed them second half.

I don’t get this how we deserved a win! A point was fair. The ref gave us our first win.

Do feel for O’Neil as it happened 2 weeks running for him.

1st half they were slightly better.
The 1st 30 minutes was fairly even, low quality from both sides making the game scrappy, think the weather might have effected it.
Then finally for the last 15 minutes of the 1st half Wolves put their foot on the ball and started playing it around dominating possession.
There was the odd goal mouth scramble, Wolves could easily have been leading 1-0 at half time.
Thought we were poor again 1st half but at least we showed some battling spirit, some great last gasp defending.

2nd half we were alot better than Wolves, not so much based on quality, which is still a concern.
It was more about positivity and having the will to win, we totally outbattled them making them look a sorry outfit that didn't want to be there.

Overall can understand anyone think a draw might have been fair but do think taking both halves into account we were slightly the
side more deserving of a win. We seemed to want it more.

Our XG was 1.1 The Wolves XG was 1.15
Our possession 38% Wolves possession 62%
Our shots 11 with 2 on target Wolves had 10 shots with 3 on target
We had 4 corners Wolves had 4 corners

So yes, based on all the stats, it was a very even game.

1st half they were slightly better.
The 1st 30 minutes was fairly even, low quality from both sides making the game scrappy, think the weather might have effected it.
Then finally for the last 15 minutes of the 1st half Wolves put their foot on the ball and started playing it around dominating possession.
There was the odd goal mouth scramble, Wolves could easily have been leading 1-0 at half time.
Thought we were poor again 1st half but at least we showed some battling spirit, some great last gasp defending.

2nd half we were alot better than Wolves, not so much based on quality, which is still a concern.
It was more about positivity and having the will to win, we totally outbattled them making them look a sorry outfit that didn't want to be there.

Overall can understand anyone think a draw might have been fair but do think taking both halves into account we were slightly the
side more deserving of a win. We seemed to want it more.

Our XG was 1.1 The Wolves XG was 1.15
Our possession 38% Wolves possession 62%
Our shots 11 with 2 on target Wolves had 10 shots with 3 on target
We had 4 corners Wolves had 4 corners

So yes, based on all the stats, it was a very even game.
Don’t need stats to see that mate!

It was an even a game as possible. Ref won it for us. Let’s just enjoy the moment.

Will somebody please talk about the (potential) foul on Bogle in the box. As I saw it, he's fouled outside the box, stays on his feet and then is fouled again in the box. Referee gives free kick outside the box.
I've not seen a replay and wasn't even mentioned on MOTD so I might be wrong.
If it’s the same incident I’m thinking of, he was fouled outside the box then took a pretty blatant dive inside the box . I thought the ref had blown to give him a yellow at first but luckily not and he gave the free kick

As a spectacle the Premier League isn’t great due to the constant stop start of free kicks. Largely due to the match officials inability to recognise what is a genuine foul and what is simulation.

To most people who’ve actually played men’s football it’s fairy easy to make the distinction, but if you want to be a top level referee, you need to start at about age 12, so that rules that out.

But nevertheless, there are cameras for every conceivable angle, so why aren’t they punishing blatant offenders retrospectively? Sunday morning review panel dishing out 4 game bans, would soon make managers and players alike, change their mindset and as a consequence improve the game immeasurably.

Whilst I acknowledge I am a great football visionary, I can’t be the only one who’s considered this simple remedy. So why the reluctance to do it?

Last edited:

As a spectacle the Premier League isn’t great due to the constant stop start of free kicks. Largely due to the match officials inability to recognise what is a genuine foul and what is simulation.

To most people who’ve actually played men’s football it’s fairy easy to make the distinction, but if you want to be a top level referee, you need to start at about age 12, so that rules that out.

But nevertheless, there are cameras for every conceivable angle, so why aren’t they punishing blatant offenders retrospectively? Sunday morning review panel dishing out 4 game bans, would soon make managers and players alike, change their mindset and as a consequence improve the game immeasurably.
Wish I could give more than one like for this. It's bang on the money.

Back
Top Bottom