Gaffer and Billy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pukki has had one amazing season, and fair play to him for that. He has played a massive part in Norwich's imminent promotion.

But, Billy has had an immense season too and let's be honest, over his career has Pukki on toast, about 4 times a day.

Pukki has had a fluke season for what is actually a remarkably average striker. Get ready for 7 goals a season for the rest of his career

Pukki has had one amazing season, and fair play to him for that. He has played a massive part in Norwich's imminent promotion.

But, Billy has had an immense season too and let's be honest, over his career has Pukki on toast, about 4 times a day.

And it’s good that at 33 yrs of age, BS is being recognised by a wider audience than just Blades for his scoring. Hopefully we’ll get promoted this season and it’ll be the crowning glory of his prolific career.

However, in the cold hard light of day, he’s unfortunately another player that won’t meet the required standard for what is needed should we go up.

And it’s good that at 33 yrs of age, BS is being recognised by a wider audience than just Blades for his scoring. Hopefully we’ll get promoted this season and it’ll be the crowning glory of his prolific career.

However, in the cold hard light of day, he’s unfortunately another player that won’t meet the required standard for what is needed should we go up.

Should we go up I doubt he'll be challenging for the golden boot with Messrs Kane and Salah, but I think you're greatly overestimating the standard of "alright" Premier League strikers.

Obviously should we go up we need to strengthen but no need to chuck the baby out with the bathwater.

Should we go up I doubt he'll be challenging for the golden boot with Messrs Kane and Salah, but I think you're greatly overestimating the standard of "alright" Premier League strikers.

Obviously should we go up we need to strengthen but no need to chuck the baby out with the bathwater.

Something I imagine Fulham deeply regret doing.

One of the best things with the Wilder era is that we've quietly gone about improving the squad, still maintained the core of it with players like Bash, JOC, Fleck (and maybe Coutts), Duffy and Billy, but we've added quality players like Egan, Henderson, Stevens, McG.

As for Billy, he looks as fit now as ever, but his recovery will start to take longer if he's playing 90 mins every week next season (regardless of the division we're in). Someone like Hogan would be a great addition, despite not seeing him play in his best role except for that game alongside Madine, Reading was it?

Billy has had a fantastic season and in the past many opposition fans hated him because he's a horrible player to have against you, but i think most fans respect what he's done.

Wilder, what can we say. Just love the bloke.

Not sure I agree on your last point. Billy's main strengths are his intelligence and movement; qualities that I think bring success at any level. He may be outsprinted and outmuscled at times but that sixth sense of anticipating where a ball will drop can't be taught and is very difficult to defend against.
Of course he would be up against better defenders, but we also have to assume that he would have a few upgrades to help him out, certainly alongside him but also behind.
I think he would do just fine, maybe not prolific but certainly well enough to bag a few.

I thought they’d fallen out again. Did they sit on opposite sides of the room and ignore each other all night? ;)

Not sure I agree on your last point. Billy's main strengths are his intelligence and movement; qualities that I think bring success at any level. He may be outsprinted and outmuscled at times but that sixth sense of anticipating where a ball will drop can't be taught and is very difficult to defend against.
Of course he would be up against better defenders, but we also have to assume that he would have a few upgrades to help him out, certainly alongside him but also behind.
I think he would do just fine, maybe not prolific but certainly well enough to bag a few.
Great to have around the squad whether on the bench or starting.Give Billy chances and he will score goals a commodity we cannot throw away.

Pukki has had a fluke season for what is actually a remarkably average striker. Get ready for 7 goals a season for the rest of his career

It's not a fluke though is it. That would assert he's been lucky.

Not sure why some are so against giving credit where it's due.

Don’t be so sure.

Dished out many a custard pie has our Bill :);).

UTB

Some people were saying the same thing about Billy when we were promoted last time. He’s proved them wrong, and I think he’ll do ok should we make it.

It's not a fluke though is it. That would assert he's been lucky.

Not sure why some are so against giving credit where it's due.
Do you not think he’s been lucky then? It’s clear to me that he’s been very lucky. Not much quality

Do you not think he’s been lucky then? It’s clear to me that he’s been very lucky. Not much quality
Not at all.

As I've said before, he's a remarkably good finisher. It's not luck in the same way that Billy's goals this season haven't been lucky.

Pukki has the touch, timing, mobility and intelligence to do well at PL level. He can score from all angles with either foot.

I'm surprised it's taken him this long to make such an impact given his quality, but sometimes players click later on in their careers.

Surprising how many of his goals have come from long balls over the top but he seems to have so much time and space even with defenders around him

Back
Top Bottom