Full Backs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MBoreman

S10Blade
Reaction score
As most people have realised signing some good, attacking full backs would make a huge difference to our side. I think this is always the case but especially in this system where I think it is extra important that all positions contribute. At the moment our wingers are being made to look even worse than they are as they are left to take on a full back, or full back and winger on their own which at this level not many will be able to do. Other areas can also be improved but I think if Marlon comes off and we get full backs in we could go on a great run.

I'm not sure who we could specifically sign, but someone in the mould of Scott Laird or a slightly better Mustapha Dumbiya would be good. I was also very dissappointed to see this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24117734 as I always think he looks a good player and is a good age. Anyone got some suggestions?

Yes,definately need to sort the Full Back positions..Cov have got those 2 young Full Backs bombing forward,which is one of the reasons they are doing well...Cyrus Christie and Is it Luke Adams the LB.I just can't understand how they are hanging on to their players with the current situation they're in.
It's been as clear as day that our main problems are up front and out wide.We've now got King which I can't say I'm happy about,but he's capable of scoring goals,so hopefully a good LB who can get forward will be next.

think the full backs will come in when we are within the 93 day window so we can sign them in January

Sheehan from Notts county or Chris Hussey from burton would be receiving texts as we speak.

I just can't understand how they are hanging on to their players with the current situation they're in.

Clubs have to sell when they have debts to service and have insufficient income to cover their annual costs.
If a club goes into administration the debt disappears so there is no pressure to sell their best youngsters anymore - they tend to hold on to what they have got, not adding to the squad, because they no longer need to sell to survive.

Coventry are in this position and that's why they can give us the rod when we come calling.

Remember Leicester in around 2003 when Micky Adams was their manager and Warnock was in charge of the Blades. Leicester went into admin, got rid of all their non-football debt, didn't need to get rid of any of their decent players (like Muzzy Izzet) and promptly romped the league. Warnock complained that it wasn't a level playing field and so did other managers & chairmen - it was what prompted the 10 points deduction for going into admin - to reduce the competitive advantage that comes from the millstone of huge debts suddenly vanishing.

Not seen much of him but is Jasper Johns worth a shout?

Back
Top Bottom