Fulham were 17th...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The biggest thing we are lacking is a goalscorer. Yes Sharp can probably break into double figures but not enough to have just 1 player in Watford and Fulhams promotion sides they had goalscoring threats all over the park. Our strikers need to be banging them in at their end if the defence leaks at the other. The old Kevin Keegan theory of we will score 1 more than you not good for the nerves but it does the job.

We're 15th now. And this is about where we'll finish.

pbLqP6H.jpeg

We just need to keep picking points up until the January window. I can then see us doing some trading with players like Berge, Burke, Freeman and Robinson leaving and possible loans of Brewster and mcburnie. Leaving us with funds to bring in a winger and physical, ball winning midfield player.

JTW is going to be huge.

Are our recruitment team up to the challenge? need more MGW's less Hourihanes and Olsens, I'm not convinced unfortunately.

They were also a much better side than us unfortunately.
not up to beating us obviously

was a very even game
bbc stats
Home Team Sheff Away Team Fulham
Possession Home 55% Away45
ShotsHome12 Away9
Shots on Target Home 7Away 7
Corners Home 4 Away 3
Fouls Home 13 Away 8

Last edited:
The biggest thing we are lacking is a goalscorer. Yes Sharp can probably break into double figures but not enough to have just 1 player in Watford and Fulhams promotion sides they had goalscoring threats all over the park. Our strikers need to be banging them in at their end if the defence leaks at the other. The old Kevin Keegan theory of we will score 1 more than you not good for the nerves but it does the job.
Just a thought. How about playing 2 strikers at once, rather than a No 9, plus No10 'false striker' 'in the hole' bollocks. Always used to be like that until we got to the Prem. We played 2 strikers, plus Duffy (if only we had him now...) running beyond them.....

Just a thought. How about playing 2 strikers at once, rather than a No 9, plus No10 'false striker' 'in the hole' bollocks. Always used to be like that until we got to the Prem. We played 2 strikers, plus Duffy (if only we had him now...) running beyond them.....
I don't know about you but when crossing it always used to be about 3 target men front post, middle and back definitely agreed need 2 strikers!

I'd be happy with one

i said on the shoutbox earlier Slav wouldve been sacked if he did that at United. no finishing 3rd & play offs victory at Wembley. it wouldve been 17th no win in 6.

sacked in the morning & you don't know what your doing at the manager not the referee

not up to beating us obviously

was a very even game
bbc stats
Home Team Sheff Away Team Fulham
Possession Home 55% Away45
ShotsHome12 Away9
Shots on Target Home 7Away 7
Corners Home 4 Away 3
Fouls Home 13 Away 8
One presumes MJM means as opposed to the current United team, not compared to the United team that played Fulham in that game (who were by a fair margin better performing than the current crop). Thus raising a valid point regards the premise of the opening post.

Not good enough in so many areas. Slav seems to have a preferred formation. But it seems to be a mistake when we dont have players of the required standard to play that formation. Osborn, while industrious lacks the attacking skill set to play effectively wide on the left. Ndiaye is young and it will be another year or so before he is fully mature. McGoldrick slow it down too much. Billy is Billy but I would like to see him play in a front two and rotated in and out of the team. Up front on his own gives him too much work to do. That's before going through the rest of the team. We have lots of players and a disjointed team. Recruitment has been poor and its mid table at best.

JTW is going to be huge.

Are our recruitment team up to the challenge? need more MGW's less Hourihanes and Olsens, I'm not convinced unfortunately.
It will be decided by who we can get rid of to free up wages, I can't see any teams wanting any of our shite

Yes but we played 352 then. I don't have an issue with this formation, and I think when it clicks, it's more attacking than our 352 at its peak

All last season we heard the same

Still 90 points to play for
Still got a January transfer window
Still 60 points to play for
Still 30 points to play for
Can still finish second bottom
Let's beat Burnley and go into next season on a high

I really don't get how some can look at the way this club performs when it is in one of it's slumbers, which is 90% of the time, and still expect everything to be ok

We are getting relegated next year, get used to it.

When Mousett, Berge, Egan, McBurnie, Brewster and MGW have gone we will be left with the rest that are finished as footballers and either have no future anywhere near the Championship or are too old to continue.

All last season we heard the same

Still 90 points to play for
Still got a January transfer window
Still 60 points to play for
Still 30 points to play for
Can still finish second bottom
Let's beat Burnley and go into next season on a high

I really don't get how some can look at the way this club performs when it is in one of it's slumbers, which is 90% of the time, and still expect everything to be ok

We are getting relegated next year, get used to it.

When Mousett, Berge, Egan, McBurnie, Brewster and MGW have gone we will be left with the rest that are finished as footballers and either have no future anywhere near the Championship or are too old to continue.
What about the improving youngsters and the half dozen we sign between now and next season ? Will they not keep us up or even push for promotion ?

This was the view of the Fulham fans before that 5-4 game

This was the view of the Fulham fans before that 5-4 game

Doesn’t sound much different than a certain set of fans in Sheffield.

I saw a comment yesterday that Slav teams seem to turn a corner after christmas. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom