From Two Down...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The home match against Cardiff City in the autumn of 2008 saw us make a late comeback to get a point. Beattie put us ahead, but by half time Cardiff were 2-1 up. They then went 3-1 up in the second half. All seemed lost until Shelton (yes, Shelton!) came on and absolutely terrified them with his pace. At one point a defender was backing off him so quickly he nearly ended up in the kop. Shelton didn't score, but he seemed to alter the dynamic of the game. With 3 or 4 minutes to go Armstrong scored from the left hand edge of the box with a low shot to the corner, then in time added on Morgan equalised with a header. A minute later we almost scored again to snatch what would have been a very unlikely win.

Mention must also be made of the 2-1 league cup win against Leeds in 2002. When the board showing 4 minutes time added on was held up we were 1-0 down. By the end of the 4 minutes we were 2-1 up. Happy days.

The home match against Cardiff City in the autumn of 2008 saw us make a late comeback to get a point. Beattie put us ahead, but by half time Cardiff were 2-1 up. They then went 3-1 up in the second half. All seemed lost until Shelton (yes, Shelton!) came on and absolutely terrified them with his pace. At one point a defender was backing off him so quickly he nearly ended up in the kop. Shelton didn't score, but he seemed to alter the dynamic of the game. With 3 or 4 minutes to go Armstrong scored from the left hand edge of the box with a low shot to the corner, then in time added on Morgan equalised with a header. A minute later we almost scored again to snatch what would have been a very unlikely win.

Mention must also be made of the 2-1 league cup win against Leeds in 2002. When the board showing 4 minutes time added on was held up we were 1-0 down. By the end of the 4 minutes we were 2-1 up. Happy days.

The Cradiff game was 2nd October 2007.

Honourable mention for the game at Leeds on 5/10/91 when we weht 4-0 down and then Hoyland, Agana and Bradshaw got us back to 4-3. We couldn't get the equaliser though :-(

Notts County away in the cup in 1999. I think we scored 2 very late in normal time to make it 3-3 after they went 3-1 up reasonably late on. Our winner came quite early in extra time if memory serves me right.

Edit - they went 3-1 up on 83 minutes, we scored on 85, 89 and then 94 in extra time.

Last edited:
Whenever four minutes added time is announced I still quip "that's enough time to score two goals!"

The Cradiff game was 2nd October 2007.

Honourable mention for the game at Leeds on 5/10/91 when we weht 4-0 down and then Hoyland, Agana and Bradshaw got us back to 4-3. We couldn't get the equaliser though :-(

Yes, but when was the Cardiff game?:)

I took my ex to that game, it was the first United game i'd taken her to see, and early on in the second half i was cursing her for being bad luck. But when Clark Carlisle drunkenly put the ball into his own net, i was elated, she joined in with the "2-0 and you fucked it up" chants, and i took her home and gave her a good plating.

Took her to a few more blades games and we lost them all, though that's not the reason we split up....
Been chuckling about this post all day,
" took her home and gave her a good plating"
Quality!!

Back
Top Bottom