Freeman / Wilder / Adkins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Id love to see the two of them swap position to see who is the better all round footballer. One who can play many positions. Some of us have been mentioning that Freeman has not had the breaks from when he came in with Harris and Brayford? Some of us have noticed how well he can play in midfield when given the opportunity and the fact he is not afraid to run at players in the right areas. He is also not afraid to get in the box and score a strikers tap in as well has having the ability to shoot and not being afraid to use that part of his game. How many ball has he curled from his right back position for forward to run on to. In other words this guys has had loads to offer and it took someone with faith to give him the confidence back that had been knocked. He is repaying that faith after being so low with head down hard work and commitment.
Next level,Who knows? I certainly won't write him off.

I always thought he was unlucky to be dropped when Brayford came back from injury..he was doing quite well,and was about our only avenue of attack...Good point about the amount of players who want the ball,it's difficult for our playmakers through recent years with no one showing for the ball,or a lack of threat in behind along with players who can run past people and open the game up..that's why I had sympathy for the likes of McDonald and Baxter in the past.

Agree with that - whatever you think about Baxter, he needed players with good movement around him - and never really got it. Same with Leon Britton.

Ronaldo? Wow, you are a funny guy.

He inherited the Keogh-Sharp partnership at Scunny and at Southampton, Kelvin Davis, Harding, Puncheon, Fonte, Lambert, Llana and Oxlaide-Chamberlain which is not bad for League One.

Someone on here listed his career signings when he became our boss and I was instantly worried. The directors at Southampton, Reading and ourselves weren't impressed with his signings as you seem to be.

You mean the partnership that was sold when they got promoted thus leading to their relegation from The Championship. What happened after that? Oh yes that is right Adkins got Scunthorpe promoted at the first time of asking. Obviously a fluke though because it was via the play-offs which any manager with half a brain cell can win them. He did sign some lad called Gary Hooper who had been on loan at the mighty Hereford for £175k and somehow he managed to net a couple of goals for Scunny.

Adkins gave Oxlaide Chamberlain his league debut along with Luke Shaw. He probably should have left them in the academy barely letting them have first team football and sell them like we tend to do.

His other wank signings while at Southampton:

Jay Rodriguez
Steve Davis
Maya Yoshida
Jos Hooiveld
Nathaniel Clyne
Gaston Ramirez
Danny Fox
Jack Cork
Richard Chaplow
Paulo Gazzaniga

All a complete and utter fluke, even Alan Knill could have done all that.

Back
Top Bottom