Forget development squad, he deserves a role with the first team.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

highpeakblade

Shoreham Street - Til Death Us Do Part
Reaction score
I don't think he's ready for the reigns, he's way to inexperienced to be full time gaffer and I don't think he would have the tricks up his sleeves to deal with it all but never the less I think Chris Morgan is a huge influence within the set up at the lane, I think he is down to earth, honest and respected and I think he's an important person to have around the place.

I want him back on the sideline as he was with Frank Barlow and Danny Wilson. He's no good behind the scenes! We need him back in the front line influencing things and driving the lads on.

The board need to be telling the new candidate that Morgan will be one of his assistant managers. We need him there!.

Was Weir any more experienced than Morgan is now?

Very good question but one that we don't even have to consider because we all know how Weir did don't we so we wouldn't want to gamble on anyone equally as inexperienced.

But personality wise Morgan always comes over as a quality bloke regardless of what some people away from Sheffield United might think. He's been nothing short of a 100% blade, a very long term servant to the club, he's always been proud to wear the badge and understands the club and the fans.

Footballing wise he's some what of a "wise man" of the game, he's been there and done it and knows every trick in the game. He played against some of the best players in the world in the top flight and he played against some of the dirtiest and had none of it. I'm in no doubt today that he will have told young Maguire how to handle the dirty Hughes tactics.

A bloke like Morgan in the management team who takes no bollocks but equally gee's everyone up and gets them on it is vital.

For what he lacks in managerial experience he makes up by far in man management experience and overall knowledge of the game having only recently hung up his boots. He knows us as well as what we expect.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to know why Morgs wasn't in the dugout while Weir was Manager?
He's usually up in the gantries with another watching the birds eye view both home & away - has ear piece contact with the bench.

Football management is odd when it comes to experience. In most jobs you'd start low and work your way up (usually), but rarely will you see a manager progress from the lowest level to the top. I know they get qualifications but it is weird that managers with no experience lower down can get chucked into a big job. Coaching to managing is a huge step-up, so I think it;d be good for Morgan to get a job away from the Lane even lower down in football then maybe some day he could return for a Hollywood style promotion push.

I saw someone the other day using Karl Robinson's playing career as a reason we shouldn't get him. That's nonsense as managers who haven't played at a high level tend to do well if not better than those who have. Having not played there gives the advantage of looking in on the game and being able to challenge what those in it just assume to be right.

Also, quite interesting that goalkeepers and defenders make worse managers than midfielders and strikers. With most managers being midfielders, and strikers being overall the best managers, although that can't be said for Beattie at the moment.

Interesting read that MBoreman mate.

I'd rather Morgan not go anywhere, every club needs an influence like him around the place and we need him.

As a captain he was superb for us, everyone respected him no end and he brought on players around him eg Killa. I've seen the odd clip of him in the dressing room and he is very vocal, speaks his mind and encourages open discussion. He's the sort of person who doesn't hide away from anything and doesn't take any bollocks. He is also a team man, loves United and his team-mates.

A must in the management set up!

Interesting read that MBoreman mate.

I'd rather Morgan not go anywhere, every club needs an influence like him around the place and we need him.

As a captain he was superb for us, everyone respected him no end and he brought on players around him eg Killa. I've seen the odd clip of him in the dressing room and he is very vocal, speaks his mind and encourages open discussion. He's the sort of person who doesn't hide away from anything and doesn't take any bollocks. He is also a team man, loves United and his team-mates.

A must in the management set up!
I agree he'd be a loss but I think in the long term it'll do him some good and if he returns us as well. He's been at the club for a long time so might be good to have a new experience and to develop his own identity away from Sheffield United.

Back
Top Bottom