Football Heaven.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I couldn't give a fuck who any of the presenters support on Radio Sheffield , but i must be the only one that thinks they do a good job !
Nope. I also think they do a cracking job.
I don’t care what bollocks folk spout about it on here - people will miss it, hugely, if it goes.

There is no "they" in this at all. It was one man, the commentator Adam Oxley, who, quite frankly, seems like a very nice bloke but struggles to make the big step up from match day reporter to anchor man in the studio. He is poor on doing his research and is often caught out with simple questions about stuff he really should know..

Worse still, he has a tendency to open mouth and start talking before he engages his brain. He often gets his sayings and similes mixed up, uses the wrong words, or just comes out with drivel whilst he is scrambling to think of something to say.

In the same show tonight:

On the subject of Blades signing Sander Berge from Genk:

"would cost a wedge of cash, it would seem, I've seen figures in the mid-teens banded about". Really? Not £27M then?

On the subject of Man City's midfield:

"They are quite good at moving the ball about". :oops: You could say that I suppose! A master of understatement obviously.

Remember though, Oxley isn't Radio Sheffield. He's just one guy that works for them. I think Radio Sheffield do a fantastic job of covering all our local teams, without bias. But if they could cut out the "Oxleymorons" it would be even better!
Harsh - way too harsh.
Adam Oxley is a very good broadcaster and I agree his match comms are superb. His hosting is getting better- but it’s still good, already.
I don’t know the feller, personally, but I am aware that his Dad passed away not too long ago. Despite that, and he gives no sign of it, he is a consummate professional and a broadcaster I have a lot of time for because he is so bloody good at his job.

Harsh - way too harsh.
Adam Oxley is a very good broadcaster and I agree his match comms are superb. His hosting is getting better- but it’s still good, already.
I don’t know the feller, personally, but I am aware that his Dad passed away not too long ago. Despite that, and he gives no sign of it, he is a consummate professional and a broadcaster I have a lot of time for because he is so bloody good at his job.
I'm in the "he might come good eventually" camp. I like the bloke - but I just think he's a bit amateurish for the reasons I said.

I gave it a listen last night. I sometimes stick PorG on in the car on the way home from games and listened to the promotion specials, but this is the first time actually live listening to FH in ages.

Its not the presenters who are the problem, its the callers. Although I did have to laugh at Giddings when he said internet forums are just a “small snapshot of fanbases”, as he spoke to one of the same pool of callers who ring RS 3 or 4 times a week.

I missed the first few minutes, but did notice a few of the regulars were missing; no Brian the Embarrassment Blade; no Brian the Yelling Miller or that other Rotherham dullard that cant pronounce his R’s; no Mick the angry pig. Not even Doreen!

Several Wenzdeh Grandads bemoaning their situation and demanding the return of Howard Wilkinson. The obligatory, brainwashed Meester Chansiri defender. In fact, even Giddings was calling him Meeester Chansiri- maybe its in the contract?

Pitsmoor Pillock rang in just in time to have an argument with a Doncaster fan in Australia (🤷‍♂️). He talked absolute drivel, yet somehow managed to be one of the more coherent pigs on the show.

Only heard one Blade who sounded like he’d just rang up to humblebrag about United in the middle of a sea of porky misery. It was beatiful in its own way.

Don’t really listen these days as when you’re in the premier league there’s plenty of other outlets for you footy fix (sky, talk sport, 5live etc) but when i did listen it used piss me off that the regulars could get away with saying stuff that a new caller would be pulled up on.

My life must be sad and boring. I listen to it every morning at work on BBC Sounds. I FF through certain callers, Steven the Dingle "yer nor worra mean", and the old Piggy that says " an wot av yer". There is one that comes on now and again going on a rant about gender , transsexuals etc that gets the FF treatment. The meaning pigs and eccentric Blades like 2-1 Ken and The Posh Blademy brighten my monotonous day.

Stopped listening after the usual jokers are on ever night.When I have listened to FH its as if the Premier League is no different to league 1.Them and the Star don't know how lucky they are following a team in the promised land.If it was the pigs we'd never hear the last of it.Don't forget,Save our Owls.
PS can I have access to the shoutbox Foxy for the third time,only been here since 2009 and rarely post.

[QUOTE="mickhep, post: 2465411, member:
PS can I have access to the shoutbox Foxy for the third time,only been here since 2009 and rarely post.
[/QUOTE]
You’d be better PMing Foxy directly mate...that’s what I did 👍

Stopped listening after the usual jokers are on ever night.When I have listened to FH its as if the Premier League is no different to league 1.Them and the Star don't know how lucky they are following a team in the promised land.If it was the pigs we'd never hear the last of it.Don't forget,Save our Owls.

Not just Radio Sheffield and the Star.

Chris Wilder and his team have done more to put Sheffield on the world wide map in the past 6 months than any Sheffield City Council have done in years.

The city should be making the most of the unprecedented positive publicity being generated by the Blades.

[QUOTE="mickhep, post: 2465411, member:
You’d be better PMing Foxy directly mate...that’s what I did 👍
[/QUOTE]
Already done that

I keep getting this revolving song in my head ...its something along the lines of Mind the gap, mind the gap...….

Really was Football Heaven...
Listened in Lanzarote tonight. Absplute comedy gold! You couldn't make it up. They don't know which way to turn. Get rid of Monk. Lost the dressing room. Players have history making it hard for Joss n Carlos. Get Carlos back. Reight lafff! Hahahaha

Listened in Lanzarote tonight. Absplute comedy gold! You couldn't make it up. They don't know which way to turn. Get rid of Monk. Lost the dressing room. Players have history making it hard for Joss n Carlos. Get Carlos back. Reight lafff! Hahahaha
Can’t deny tears were streaming down my face...the one from the kid about Nuhiu putting weight on almost broke my ribs

Should have listened tonight...chuffing brill.....,
Like many on here listening to P&G and FH is spasmodic. Tonight was one, and like yourself from a Blades perspective extremely entertaining.
Bloody Gary Monk!!! If he was in charge at the Lane I'd be thinking of euthanasia for myself. I've listened to three or four, including tonight, of his RS interviews. The man rambles on with sound bites, punctuated with bucket loads of "yeh" mid sentence then shoots off at a tangent changing the subject. Some may say he's good at avoiding the truth, believe he's lost with nowhere to go. Long may it last.
Tonight Giddings, believe it was, listened to a Wendy grumble, a bit left field it was. Anyhow the bloke ended, Giddings made the call wind up remark closed the call then said, not word for word, "don't bother applying for the PR job". Didn't give the bloke chance to reply, thought that cowardly Spoilt the show lowered the tone of the Wendy "Grumblefest" of retreat.
Normally like him, especially with "King Keith" on match commentaries, best of the bunch, me thinks.

First time listener this evening.

First caller, SUFC David, sounds like he knows his football.
Articulate and reasonable. Very good start.

Second caller - lots of negativity so far. Living in the past.

is this character the ''SonOfBert2'' on Owlstalk?
''BASICALLY'' - ''BASICALLY'' - ''BASICALLY''
If he's the SWFC main caller, a truly fine representation of that club.

Last edited:

Oh THAT is his newest twitter page! So glad I know, so I can continue watching his meltdowns in real time 😂

Couldn’t give a shit what piggies say. I know what they’re thinking.

Is it back on , dam missed it , have they done that mangers special or aren't they doing it, covid and all that !

That’s probably David from Bolton, as you say, articulate. When there was a FH thread on Porktalk, they liked a pop at any Blades’ caller. They weren’t sure what to say about David, he spoke sense in a calm rational way and that completely wrong footed them, probably still does 🙂

Back
Top Bottom