Incoming? Folarin Balogun

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Apparently his last name is a Nigerian title meaning, "Warlord" and his first name means "Walk with wealth" if that helps any; just trying to throw something in know nothing about this dude at all👍

If true...and a big if ...3m LOL do we really think Arsenal are going o sell a 'prospect' for 3m ? This is 2020 isnt it amd we are in the premiership ?

All we do is alert all and sundry he might be available. The sooner we get a striker tje sooner we can all stop looking at these threads and enjoy a more stress free day !
A prospect who refuses to resign with them so we might think they will take the money before he’s free to move abroad in January?

I'm surprised they didn't call it a "derisory offer"! 😆

Well, if we want him bad enough we can always go back and put another 10 bob on the table perhaps?

Do you think this maybe a little warning shot across the bows to get Liverpool to hurry up and let us have Brewster?
Did you not notice 15/02/1971 ?

If true...and a big if ...3m LOL do we really think Arsenal are going o sell a 'prospect' for 3m ? This is 2020 isnt it amd we are in the premiership ?

All we do is alert all and sundry he might be available. The sooner we get a striker tje sooner we can all stop looking at these threads and enjoy a more stress free day !

Aye
No other club has got a scouting system & agents don't have the contact details of any other club but ours (+ Villa's obviously )

The problem is that all the knowledge is here on this forum and there is none with CW and the management team.
Perhaps we will know which is the case by 16th October, if not before.

Might just be an entirely fabricated story that we've bid for him. Seems the type we need though, very nippy and focused on goals. Also looks like someone Brentford would sell at a big profit if they signed him.

He's fast, quick feet, likes to run at goal and can score. Totally "unproven" but a big prospect, I think he would be a really exciting signing for us at a slightly inflated fee (more like 7m than 15m). If we signed Balogun and Brewster for under £30mill that would be such unbelievably fun and ambitious transfer business (we do have some money and can do creative accounting).

Just shows how ridiculous it has got now.

3m is seen as pitiful these days. Asking 15m for a guy who can commit to another club in Jan and walk away for nothing in June. Hardly if ever kicked a ball at first team level and they'd be looking at our 4th highest fee ever paid for a player.

World's gone mad.

I see they quote other clubs being 'interested' but as the saying goes 'no bids'.

more likely Brewster isn’t happening quick enough or the player might not be keen. Think we are scrabbling to get some bodies in with moose out long term seemingly
Sure I've read Brewster would prefer to go to Palace as he has family down there, oh, and that's where he's from!?

Sure I've read Brewster would prefer to go to Palace as he has family down there, oh, and that's where he's from!?
It’s not like Sheffield is some remote outpost in Outer Mongolia. Assuming the finances are comparable, at 20 years old his decision will surely be based on football reasons and what is best for his career, rather than being a bit closer to his pals. The fact he left Chelsea for Liverpool indicates he is prepared to move a couple of hour from his family.

He's from London yes.

But Palace play 4-3-3, and just signed Batshuayi for Brewster's central position. So fingers crossed.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Chris Wilder in this market. He wanted Antonee Robinson, Matty Cash, John Swift & Rhian Brewster and it looks like he's had to move down to second / third choice on all of his targets.

We expected Villa to fuck off and buy more players from abroad since they stayed up or sign more expensive PL crap.

I think this would be quite an astute signing as a development option / someone off the bench. Wouldnt like to pin our survival hopes on the lad though.

Frankly, if we can’t put a package together for a really up and coming kid for £15m we may as well give up. We can structure it over the length of the contract (Bmuff haven’t finished paying us for Brooks yet) with clauses added in.

I don’t think we’ll get PL quality strikers for less.

If we genuinely can’t afford it...I don’t know how we progress.

Frankly, if we can’t put a package together for a really up and coming kid for £15m we may as well give up. We can structure it over the length of the contract (Bmuff haven’t finished paying us for Brooks yet) with clauses added in.

In the McCabe days we would be signing Ahmed Fathi on a free transfer.

This lad is the highest scoring youngster in Europe imo it’s a punt worth taking.

Progress back to the Championship Pal!!

The bid seems like it was a speculator given he's in the last year of his contract (I think). The response indicates he's just about to sign an extension.

Curve ball in this might be if Brewster does sign as a permanent we still have a loan left. With Moose out we still may want an extra striker and he's clearly not in the Ars first team just yet. Maybe a loan with an option?

It’s not like Sheffield is some remote outpost in Outer Mongolia. Assuming the finances are comparable, at 20 years old his decision will surely be based on football reasons and what is best for his career, rather than being a bit closer to his pals. The fact he left Chelsea for Liverpool indicates he is prepared to move a couple of hour from his family.
Hey, he said it, maybe send him a tweet, ask him why outer Mongolia wasn't an option for him??

Back
Top Bottom