Fodderingham For The Replay

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We're 12 points clear. We could be 15 points clear after this weekend.

We might aswell go full strength for the Wrexham game. Win, get the extra money for the next round against Spurs (which we will probably lose), however if we don't then a potential quarter final appearance with realistically only 1 world class team we should be scared off coming up against.

We're 12 points clear. We could be 15 points clear after this weekend.

We might aswell go full strength for the Wrexham game. Win, get the extra money for the next round against Spurs (which we will probably lose), however if we don't then a potential quarter final appearance with realistically only 1 world class team we should be scared off coming up against.
So you are saying we need a full strength team to beat a team 72 places below us, yet we can't beat a team 17 places above us?

Wow !

i think we have to go close to full strength tottenham at home in round 5 is too big of a financial incentive to be making major changes and in any case weve underestimated these once lets not do it again

Davies is good, made a brilliant penalty save v Norwich. but there too much at stake to not put the strongest team out.

this is no different to a derby. & as much i like the 2 ryans, i think there 2 of the best overseas owners. i really want to pop their balloon
Davies isn’t good and Wrexhams owners aren’t both called Ryan. Good post apart from that!

Davies isn’t good and Wrexhams owners aren’t both called Ryan. Good post apart from that!
i was wracking my brains. trying to remember other guys name, is it ryan mcelhenney?. i shouldve known better ive watched the documentary 😄😄

So you are saying we need a full strength team to beat a team 72 places below us, yet we can't beat a team 17 places above us?

Wow

Nah not at all, can see why a condescending pillock would see it that way though, so not your fault lad.

About every 10 years a team from below the top 5 or 6 premier league clubs wins the cup. So in a given year, the chances of a premier league club like Crystal Palace winning the FA cup is about 150-1.
Since the formation of the premier league, no team outside the premier league has won the cup. In 28 of the last 31 seasons, a top 5 team has won the cup.

West Ham were in division 2 when they won it in 1980 - the last outside the top flight to do so. At that time, the gap between the top two divisions was a lot smaller. L**ds were the last winners of division 1: two seasons before that they had been in division 2. Even then it only happened a handful of times in 100 years.
Now, the difference between premier league clubs and the rest is far wider - and the step up to champions league clubs is huge.

There are about a couple of dozen teams left in the competition, and it is not impossible that any one of them could win it, but the chances of it being a club from outside the premier league are very, very small.

I'd say the opposite. Davies needs minutes where possible on the evidence of yesterday. Save Fodders for the league
this. If Wes gets injured Davies is out keeper. He needs minutes and confidence. And let's not forget, Wes hardly commands his box in these situations.

I hope Hecky plays Fodderingham in the replay it’s important that we play him as Davis was not up to it. Fodders gives confidence to the defence.

So bloody frustrating watching Davis yesterday needs to be offloaded when out of contract at the end of the season. When he parried the ball into their players the air was full of obscenities
He had a really good game vs Millwall to be fair & played fairly well in a couple of the games he filled in other than the Norwich (he did pull off a good save at 2-0 though that kept us in the game).

It can’t be easy not playing for 10-15 games and then being thrown in, of course he’s going to be rusty.

Keep him in for me, he’s a good enough keeper & better than what they’ve got in Mark Howard

He had a really good game vs Millwall to be fair & played fairly well in a couple of the games he filled in other than the Norwich (he did pull off a good save at 2-0 though that kept us in the game).

It can’t be easy not playing for 10-15 games and then being thrown in, of course he’s going to be rusty.

Keep him in for me, he’s a good enough keeper & better than what they’ve got in Mark Howard
Certainly didn’t look better than Howard on the night did he, no place for sentiment here either ….let’s be brutally honest he was shite

Certainly didn’t look better than Howard on the night did he, no place for sentiment here either ….let’s be brutally honest he was shite
He was shite yep, he looked very nervous too. Howard was shite too imo. I’d rather have Davies as then back up personally so I stand by Davies is the better of the two

About every 10 years a team from below the top 5 or 6 premier league clubs wins the cup. So in a given year, the chances of a premier league club like Crystal Palace winning the FA cup is about 150-1.
Since the formation of the premier league, no team outside the premier league has won the cup. In 28 of the last 31 seasons, a top 5 team has won the cup.

West Ham were in division 2 when they won it in 1980 - the last outside the top flight to do so. At that time, the gap between the top two divisions was a lot smaller. L**ds were the last winners of division 1: two seasons before that they had been in division 2. Even then it only happened a handful of times in 100 years.
Now, the difference between premier league clubs and the rest is far wider - and the step up to champions league clubs is huge.

There are about a couple of dozen teams left in the competition, and it is not impossible that any one of them could win it, but the chances of it being a club from outside the premier league are very, very small.

I'm not disputing it's unlikely but let's not throw the towel in just yet. We can beat anyone if things go our way, Man City/Arsenal included. That's football!

He was shite yep, he looked very nervous too. Howard was shite too imo. I’d rather have Davies as then back up personally so I stand by Davies is the better of the two
Fodders is better than both, so play fodders against Wrexham

Foderingham For The Replay, Oxide & Neutrino's lesser known follow-up single.

Davies has to play again

Let him redeem himself

2 games in quick succession will also be good for him and give him maximum preparation for the run in if he's needed

If we really need to play Foderingham to feel confident of beating Wrexham at home we're fucked

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom