Flecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Flecks turn now ,Yay.
Who will it be next week ,I reckon Egan or Baldock.
So the criticism is undeserving ?
Wilders players deserve the flack they are receiving just not the same players of two seasons ago but you keep championing them

Last edited:

This drives me mad, Bert. They do nothing but play football yet can only use one foot. It's like employing a one armed typist. Do they not realise that being able to use both feet would make them better players? What the fuck do coaches do?
I have told this story on here before but I will put it here to give you an idea of how a coach approaches this.

When Tony Parks was a coach & sometimes assistant/caretaker manager at Blackburn in the mid 90's I spoke to him about this very subject, as I took the same view as your last sentence, (he is from Sheffield & used to drink in the Heavygate in Crookes), & he said this. "If we want a left winger we will buy a left winger, & the same on the right. We don't really care what they do with the other foot"!

I still find that incredible.

This drives me mad, Bert. They do nothing but play football yet can only use one foot. It's like employing a one armed typist. Do they not realise that being able to use both feet would make them better players? What the fuck do coaches do?

You can count the number of players in our entire squad who can kick the ball with both feet on one hand.

MGW
Ndiaye
Sharp

Struggling after that

Wilders players deserve the flack they are receiving just not the same players of two seasons ago but you keep championing them
I don't think it giving players flack is ever a great idea. I'm meaning in the stands that is.

Sure on here you can criticize a bit but has to be weighed up.

Fleck 18 months ago was in fine form, and we were genuinely worried about losing him in Jan 2020 transfer window.

Since the pandemic he's had his back injury and covid and I'd be lying if I thought he's looked the same player.
But it's not entirely gone, he has had some good games but we are talking a handful.
This season I can only think of Peterborough and let's face it the whole team was pretty good that day too.

Not sure with the midfield if it's possibly the system. What I mean is if we were playing Wilder's system then perhaps Fleck, Norwood in Champ would be doing better?
But in this one does it quite work? It's not entirely broken, but neither can we be happy.
It has enabled us to create and score since the Peterborough game. But defensively we just don't seem to offer the protection.

I wonder that in a Slavisa system one of Fleck and Norwood could work in the middle two but maybe not both?
Just a thought.

The flack is flakey as fuck ,one good performance -we should build the team round whoever ,a bad one get shut of the useless cunt.
I will bring you back to this at the weekend.

The flack is flakey as fuck ,one good performance -we should build the team round whoever ,a bad one get shut of the useless cunt.
I will bring you back to this at the weekend.
Are you that fucking blinkered Flecks number is up he’s been poor for a
long time.
The manager will sort out Wilders chums out slowly just got to be patient.

The best two footed players Bert has ever seen are Jimmy Greaves and Bobby Charlton.

When it comes to United it's Borbokis and Michael Brown.
Got to agree. A pro Footballer should have the ability to use both feet.
Has to be connected to consciously overcoming the brains bias as to which side is dominant.

Are you that fucking blinkered Flecks number is up he’s been poor for a
long time.
The manager will sort out Wilders chums out slowly just got to be patient.
I took my 'fucking blinkers' off a few weeks ago when Fleck had a good game and suddenly he was first name on the team sheet. Who are 'wilders chums' ?

I took my 'fucking blinkers' off a few weeks ago when Fleck had a good game and suddenly he was first name on the team sheet. Who are 'wilders chums' ?
Was the game in question the mighty Peterborough.
Norwood,Didsy,Baldock,Stevens Basham just for starters
Fleck has no energy offers nothing only losing possesion in critical positions you just don’t get it he’s yesterdays news move on for fucks sake

Just heard he's gone to local hospital after what had happened. Hope it's nothing too serious.

He has played such an amazing part in our clubs rise and will always hold a special place in my heart . However I am struggling now to see what he is bringing to the team , going forward he offered nothing and when the chips were down today his tackling was non existent .
He will always be part of the famous holy trinity” in midfield. Coutts, Fleck and Duffy.

Largely irrelevant on the whole but was one of our players helping carry the stretcher off? Looked like one person was wearing shorts and socks/shinpads?
My immediate thought was Sharp as club captain but did anyone else notice it?

Largely irrelevant on the whole but was one of our players helping carry the stretcher off? Looked like one person was wearing shorts and socks/shinpads?
I noticed it but didn’t know who it was. Hope Fleck is ok!

I’m fucking finishing PERIOD trying to be clever, sarcastic about another United player ever again after seeing John there. Constructive calm and measured criticism is fine but fuck me do I feel shit after that. It’s all irrelevant. Get well soon John. X
The whole situation rly put into perspective what matters in life... Blades, football, money, whatever, doesnt matter, it's all irrelevant in the end
health, family and friends is what matters.

Can someone please explain what happened. Was it a bad tackle? Did he collapse? Whatever it was get well soon John.

Billy Sharp helped carry the stretcher. A really nice touch from a club legend wanting to see his mate right.

Can someone please explain what happened. Was it a bad tackle? Did he collapse? Whatever it was get well soon John.

He looked like he was having some kind of seizure. They turned the pictures off. he got up and was getting oxygen but stretchered off and apparently in hospital.

Back
Top Bottom