Fleck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The was a run into the Burnley box yesterday where he went past 3 or 4 players. Someone elsewhere mentioned Gazza driving at players. I imagine it was that type of run they were talking about.

Up to and including the Liverpool game we saw flashes of last seasons football with the overlapping centre backs. But since Liverpool this has been done seemingly in reserve. Instead we've now started sitting Norwood deeper in a Makalele like role, only with a better passing range arsenal, and this has also seen Fleck and Lundstram get forward more as box to box midfielders.

Instead of overloading teams out wide we're now attacking with two up front and two in support to fill the gaps that the strikers create, and are there for any rebounds.

Just when teams thought they knew what we do, Wilder changes it up again.

Most teams have one box to box midfielder, we have two, with Didzy and Mousset dropping deep to cover for them in defence.

Absolutely delighted that Fleck's having these moments and getting this sort of exposure and recognition.

He's been a phenomenon for us.

Fancy scoring against Man Utd in the only PL game on a Sunday. Brilliant. Nice reward for the incredible effort he's put in to get us here.

Absolutely delighted that Fleck's having these moments and getting this sort of exposure and recognition.

Fancy scoring against Man Utd in the only PL game on a Sunday. Brilliant. Nice reward for the incredible effort he's put in to get us here.

It’s great to see him with a bit more freedom to get forward as well and now he’s starting to get more goals

Fleck is class always has been Mr consistent , a wonderful signing / player / man .

It’s great to see him with a bit more freedom to get forward as well and now he’s starting to get more goals

It's impressive enough that we've managed to find an effective attack building formula without a number 10, it's even better that Lundstram and Fleck have more than compensated in the goalscoring department. Fleck's barely scored 2 in a whole season previously!

Brilliant again today

Even Souness was giving him plenty of credit

We are a decent side A few injuries tho could create problems. Moose now injured. Hopefully Egan back next week

Hopefully Jan we get a couple in to strengthen the squad. We have a couple of back up players I’m not convinced about

It's impressive enough that we've managed to find an effective attack building formula without a number 10, it's even better that Lundstram and Fleck have more than compensated in the goalscoring department. Fleck's barely scored 2 in a whole season previously!

I think when you look at the purposes of a number 10 and what the role is intended to do - link up play between the midfield and attack, you can start to find other ways to approach it.

In games like today Fleck getting forward more is really important as he fills that role well when he attacks at speed.

thought second half he wasnt as effective but still, just how far has he come as well as some of the others

Clear MOM for me.

Sublime baller who has taken to the PL like he has always operated at this level.

UTB

Absolute class..goal and assist,he was everywhere...MoM superb.

Coventry are better off without him though.

Must admit I had him down for a bencher this season, last year he was patchy to say the least.

Well done John for making me look like a proper cunt.

He just wasn’t.

It couldn’t be any simpler.

His credentials and performances, last season and this, are at a level rarely seen by any player that has ever pulled on our shirt.

And I do mean ever.

Some folks just can’t spot a baller from a ballroom dancer !!

UTB

He just wasn’t.

It couldn’t be any simpler.

His credentials and performances, last season and this, are at a level rarely seen by any player that has ever pulled on our shirt.

And I do mean ever.

Some folks just can’t spot a baller from a ballroom dancer !!

UTB

Bollocks, he did not perform for chunks of last season. This season he is vastly improved.

And yet played an instrumental part in most of the 46 games in a promoted side.

Of course you have a point.

UTB

He was part of a great side without being great. He's now part of a greater side playing great.

Got to be in the conversation for best ever United player.

And some on here (they know who they are 🤔) who think they know a lot about football, stated that they would gladly drive old Fleckie down to West Ham for the £4m offer....luckily CW isn't a nobhead though and turned it down flat.

I am constantly confused by this idea that Fleck was ever poor.

it’s all relative....Fleck is often consistent and never poor.
however I did notice last season he was always 7 out of 10....playing OK
but rarely breaking forward enough....rarely dominating matches or taking risks.

Normally a 7 out of 10 performance is decent
but last season Norwood and Duffy were sometimes 9 out of 10 playing a massive part in us winning.

i was beginning to doubt whether Fleck was good enough for the PL because Freeman looks a more attacking more skillful player with flair.
however got to admit in recent matches Fleck has been 8 and 9 out of 10 every match.
He’s more attack minded and looks for goals......no wonder Freeman can’t get back in the team.

Thought Fleck, Lundstram and Norwood were brilliant today....totally dominating midfield.......was very impressed with Fleck.

Perhaps, the fact that we have tweaked the formation, personnel and style may have had an effect on his game. It's noticeable that both he and Lundstram are getting in the box much more (often in front of Didzy) than last season. Clearly their roles have changed due to us playing a '9' and a '10' rather than 2 x '9's' and a '10'.

Back
Top Bottom