Fernandinho Macedo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Archie Gray at Leeds as well. It’s very rare they’re ready at 18.
Not seen him or Leeds much this year. It the required level of physicality between the two leagues is huge so he may get found wanting a level above. By all reports ampadu is doing well for them. He was absolutely crap for us and I watched a absolutely hilarious performance by him as he sent an Italian side down!

I know it's a different ball game these days, what with the greater athleticism, fitness and pace, but in the past we've successfully blooded numerous youngsters. The likes of TC, Woody, Mick Jones, Alan Birchenall, Len Badger, Bernard Shaw, Tony Wagstaff and others from the John Harris era in the 60's were all teenagers when they broke through into the 1st team. Similarly later on Keith Edwards, Simon Stainrod and Tony Kenworthy, plus Gary Hamson when only 16. Plus the likes of Kyle Walker, Harry Maguire and others. Used to be the adage if you're good enough you're old enough. Some flounder and fail to make the grade, but some flourish and go onto have great careers. A case of sink or swim. Go for it if CW thinks they're good enough.

I've always found it embarrassing TBF.
We know how to sing it at away games, so why do we need a prompt at home games?

For me we should play it in full just before kick off. We always play it in full after a big win in the cup, or promotion etc. so why not just play it in full 3minutes earlier. Liverpool play you'll never walk alone in full. They don't just play "When you walk..." then cut the speakers.

EDIT - if the atmosphere continued it wouldn't be as cringey in fairness. I think the fact we sing it, then everybody sits down and shuts up for 20mins doesn't help

EDIT, EDIT - Leeds play MoT and Forest play MoK in full. They don't just prompt.
I just have nightmares of being at Old Trafford, Wembley and The Millenium and the atmosphere being all-over the place. We can drum up a good noise but there's 2 or 3 songs going on at a time when we really get excited. Even the big one that "takes off" only kicks in towards the end. It is cheesy, I'd usually hate something like a tanoy prompt, but it makes sure everyone is in unison and even if we do sit down in silence (nowadays) straight after we at least get to blast out that belter.

Based on his name alone, obviously we will have the likes of Juventus, AC Milan, Liverpool and Arsenal rumoured to be after him in no time..... Think Diego Di Girolamo or whatever he was called! Destined for the dizzy heights of top league football! And who are we to deny such talent.... Truth be said he's the first name on the team sheet at Buxton these says.

Joking aside, this lad has come on exceptionally well and I feel he is one of the more likely breakthrough talents. He is exciting to watch at times!... the conveyor belt continues to tick along. We pick em up, nurture them and seem to be blossoming in this department at the club.

I know it's a different ball game these days, what with the greater athleticism, fitness and pace, but in the past we've successfully blooded numerous youngsters. The likes of TC, Woody, Mick Jones, Alan Birchenall, Len Badger, Bernard Shaw, Tony Wagstaff and others from the John Harris era in the 60's were all teenagers when they broke through into the 1st team. Similarly later on Keith Edwards, Simon Stainrod and Tony Kenworthy, plus Gary Hamson when only 16. Plus the likes of Kyle Walker, Harry Maguire and others. Used to be the adage if you're good enough you're old enough. Some flounder and fail to make the grade, but some flourish and go onto have great careers. A case of sink or swim. Go for it if CW thinks they're good enough.
The Central League was a proper reserve league in those days. Not just kids versus kids, but full of experienced pros. So young uns played against good experienced opposition every week, and they mebbe got ready for the first team earlier because of the standard of opposition they played against. And I guess it was easier to tell when they were ready for the first team.

The Central League was a proper reserve league in those days. Not just kids versus kids, but full of experienced pros. So young uns played against good experienced opposition every week, and they mebbe got ready for the first team earlier because of the standard of opposition they played against. And I guess it was easier to tell when they were ready for the first team.
True, remember watching the reserves quite regularly back in the old Central League and even seeing Cec Coldwell skipper them to the title. But didn't apply when the likes of Walker and Maguire came to the fore. I suppose that's where the loan system comes in these days. Unfortunate that Louis Marsh broke his arm before he got any real game time. Certainly looks, as does Macedo, a real talent. Hopefully they both, along with Arblaster, Brooks et al make the step up.

Highlight of the game was his Mum squealing when he scored. Great to see positive emotion at the Lane. And good to see a couple of young first teamers come along to watch their mates. And of course Barry Fry being bothered to come along and watch. Actually a very enjoyable arvo at the Lane.

Highlight of the game was his Mum squealing when he scored. Great to see positive emotion at the Lane. And good to see a couple of young first teamers come along to watch their mates. And of course Barry Fry being bothered to come along and watch. Actually a very enjoyable arvo at the Lane.
That’s seriously impressive that Barry Fry is still involved enough to be watching U21 football at his age, he’s nearly 80 and home games would be much easier for him to get to!

She does it in every game he scores in! I was surprised to see Barry Fry there too. Fair play to the fat bastard in the blue blazer

Looks a real prospect. References to Ndiaye are a way off, they only appear once in a lifetime as a Blade.

My dad said that about Ian Botham when England trotted out yet another supposed World's Greatest All-Rounder replacement (Pringle, de Freitas etc), then along came Flintoff, then Stokes. Discuss.

I don't watch many youth games so I might be way off the mark but from what i've seen he does look a prospect. Good technical ability, pace and positive play. Marsh looks a good player as well.
Wouldn't mind seeing him in preseason, same with Marsh, Curtis, One and Freckleton.

Back
Top Bottom