Fantastic Exhibition but…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
I thought this game was everything that is great about English football, and avoided what makes Prem football stink.

2 teams going for it for 90 minutes with (mostly!) total honesty and decided by a moment of sheer class.

The one “but” that I have from our point of view, though, relates to the defensive lack of professionalism of Egan. Against Sunderland he lost the defensive line and we conceded. Against Blackburn it was even worse.

In this picture we have a decent line with 2 fowards in front.
9C671044-E039-4A2F-9B13-4AD4EF942984.jpeg
but 2 seconds later Egan commits the cardinal sin of going back with the runner playing him onside and opening us up to a simple pass. Stand still or step forward and the goal doesn’t happen!!
B18FD5DE-777A-42C6-8172-0A92658F3249.jpeg
2 games in a row!

Fortunately, for the second game in a row, we came back and won.

I have to say that I really enjoyed that match and I mixed with a lot of Blackburn fans before and afterwards and they were great - not the keyboard warriors from Roy’s View From who were mostly at home.

Proper Game. Proper Fans. Result decided by a Quality Goal. Magic!

Attachments

• C024446F-41BB-4A1B-850B-02F44F57173F.jpeg
    C024446F-41BB-4A1B-850B-02F44F57173F.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 5
We also lost the ball softly in midfield, could argue not the greatest pass but looked more of a heavy touch. However agreed regarding the above, Egan should have the knowledge to play the old fashioned Arsenal offside trap very easily there especially with VAR involved. If we are spotting it there will be coaches involved in the last set of fixtures thinking about how they can exploit it.

Egan, Lowe and Robinson all had a meltdown for their 2nd. Absolutely terrible. Not the first time either. Egan has enough credit in the bank but robo and Lowe should be nervous if we go up as to who comes in

Back
Top Bottom