Fans at the end

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Davalon

Live for today
Reaction score
Disappointing and borderline embarrassing imho.

I'm generally not one who cares if people want or need to leave early. And I'm realistic about regular poor atmospheres at home because I witness them everywhere, even though I'd obviously prefer it to be better.

However, we've had a few games this season where even after wins, very few have been left to clap the players off.

Today, Boxing Day, sell out crowd, 3-1 win to go 8 points clear in the automatic promotion places and hardly anyone left in the ground to applaud the players off.

Even in League 1 we had 75% of the Kop staying behind and giving a rousing cheer.

Struggling to remember such a pathetic number of fans left to acknowledge a win on a Bank Holiday full house in such a lofty position.

I know individuals will respond with their own circumstances, plenty which I understand and respect, but in over 40 years watching us, today genuinely surprised me how few waited just a few minutes to clap us off.

I've seen more when we've been shit in this league and below.

I'm generally not one who cares if people want or need to leave early. And I'm realistic about regular poor atmospheres at home because I witness them everywhere, even though I'd obviously prefer it to be better.

However, we've had a few games this season where even after wins, very few have been left to clap the players off.

Today, Boxing Day, sell out crowd, 3-1 win to go 8 points clear in the automatic promotion places and hardly anyone left in the ground to applaud the players off.

Even in League 1 we had 75% of the Kop staying behind and giving a rousing cheer.

Struggling to remember such a pathetic number of fans left to acknowledge a win on a Bank Holiday full house in such a lofty position.

I know individuals will respond with their own circumstances, plenty which I understand and respect, but in over 40 years watching us, today genuinely surprised me how few waited just a few minutes to clap us off.

Usual Boxing Day crowd and no public transport so everyone's trying to beat the traffic

Everything ok at home, Chris?

Have to agree there, too many just left as soon as the whistle went. We're joint top the league for crying out loud! I said to may lads we're staying to the end and I was chatting to the stewards who I must say were all brilliant, really friendly and did their job well, fair play.

They all had to rush home early so they could post mean things about Chris Wilder and Billy Sharp you see.

Otherwise they'd be in serious danger of losing the biggest-shitcunt-fans-in-the-entire-league spot.

Have to agree there, too many just left as soon as the whistle went. We're joint top the league for crying out loud! I said to may lads we're staying to the end and I was chatting to the stewards who I must say were all brilliant, really friendly and did their job well, fair play.
We're not joint top of the league, we're 2nd.

I was their with my daughter and she was absolutely freezing. Guilty as charged, but she just wanted to go…
We did stay til the final whistle though. Not like a lot of others.

Our fans are pathetic, I only ever became a Blade because they used to be better fans than the oinkers, but I’m off to S6 after that. There’s more at the final whistle at the theatre of rust than there is at half time, proper supporters. JJBlade is right.

Why does anyone have to clap them off several minutes after the match has ended ?
I clap them as the match ends as you would for actors or musicians .

Funny thing is, thick cunts are supposed to be noisier.

And yet despite having the highest number of thick cunts per capita, Sheffield United's sonic output is basically Fulham.

Embarrassing really.

I think Wilder was on the TV at 5 so they wanted to get home for that.;)

Our fans are pathetic, I only ever became a Blade because they used to be better fans than the oinkers, but I’m off to S6 after that. There’s more at the final whistle at the theatre of rust than there is at half time, proper supporters. JJBlade is right.

More misquoting bullshit
Keep em coming

The little gang of deluded fruitcakes continue to slag me off whilst my quotes and opinions gain more likes than anything they have to offer

I clap them as the match ends as you would for actors or musicians .
Do you start clapping as soon as you recognise the first few passes in the move that leads to a goal and then stand and cheer loudly when we score?

I hate all that american shit.

been the same at the lane for a few years now couldnt get to the game today unfortunately but watched on sutv have to say the atmosphere sounded dire oh for the days when the lane used to be rocking away fans are right it is like playing in a library these days at the lane just doesnt seem any enthusiasm from our fans anymore last thing was nothing like a sellout must have been at least 1k empty seats on john street for a start

been the same at the lane for a few years now couldnt get to the game today unfortunately but watched on sutv have to say the atmosphere sounded dire oh for the days when the lane used to be rocking away fans are right it is like playing in a library these days at the lane just doesnt seem any enthusiasm from our fans anymore last thing was nothing like a sellout must have been at least 1k empty seats on john street for a start
So why was it announced as a sell out days ago and rows of empty seats, can’t believe that so many ST holders didn’t go today for some reason

Back
Top Bottom