Fallowfields team to Penetrate the PNE Defenence @ Deepdale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brewster has done as much as the other options to start IMO he has won penalties / hit the post about 3 times / set up goals / and the keeper has made about 3 worldies so far this season

The lad cant do much more IMO if we dont play him now we never will and may aswell give up on him , i like mcburnie but brewster is much better

Berge isn't weak in the tackle thats just nonsense that people keep repeating , your DM/CM main job is to control the game and not let it become a basketball game which norwood allows when he gets pressed in some away games. Berge does look better further forward but the other night was a perfect example of where the game was a basketball match and we we were probably lucky to scrape a draw but we ended up winning

When they sit off and let Norwood keep the ball there aren't many better as his passing range is better than anyone's

The lad cant do much more:
Er...... yes he can, he could score more goals. Just to remind you his tally is 3 in 50 appearances

i like mcburnie but brewster is much better:
Mcburnie has just scored 3 in his last 4 outings. Explain please how this makes Brewster much better. (reminder again Brewster 3 in 50)

I'd be looking more:

-----------------------------Fodders----------------------------

---------Anel---------------Egan---------------Bash-----------

Baldock---------------------Doyle-------------------------RND

-------------Berge---------------------------Khadra------------

-----------------------------N'Daiye----------------------------

----------------------------McBurnie----------------------------

pommpey

He's undroppable simply because he's never dropped.

When you say play Sander at centre mid are you plying him in an advanced role or as a dual defensive/attacking player.
sander isn't a DM. He is weak in the tackle. His role is as an attacking right sided mid where he is far and away the best in the league.

Brewster won't start. He needs to score some goals first.

Khadra is an interesting one. IMO if he starts it's instead of Ndiaye. That won't happen.

I like your line up but I have access to Heckys frontal lobe.

Trust me.
If Norwood ticks then so do United. Everyone should know this by now 🙄

Norwood is deservedly one of the first names on the team sheet

Wes

Baldock Anel Egan Bash Nozzer

Berge Norwood Doyle

Ndiaye Mcb

Subs to come on:

Khadra
Brewdog
Mcatee
Sharp if fit

1-0 United. (Berge 61st minute)

UTMB

I'd be looking more:

-----------------------------Fodders----------------------------

---------Anel---------------Egan---------------Bash-----------

Baldock---------------------Doyle-------------------------RND

-------------Berge---------------------------Khadra------------

-----------------------------N'Daiye----------------------------

----------------------------McBurnie----------------------------

pommpey
You're never gunna make that subs bench mate 🤣

If Norwood ticks then so do United. Everyone should know this by now 🙄

Norwood is deservedly one of the first names on the team sheet

Wes

Baldock Anel Egan Bash Nozzer

Berge Norwood Doyle

Ndiaye Mcb

Subs to come on:

Khadra
Brewdog
Mcatee
Sharp if fit

1-0 United. (Berge 61st minute)

UTMB

Norwood doesn't tick or actually do anything save point when he's given no space. Everyone should know this by now.
I have a strong suspicion PNE will be all over him and he will be redundant.

Norwood doesn't tick or actually do anything save point when he's given no space. Everyone should know this by now.
Not many teams seem to do it though do they mate?

I like norwood he is a blades legend but why is he undroppable ?

If think playing Berge in Centre mid away from home gives us more control of the game as Norwood can be over ran IMO especially in away games
Haha I love these trolling efforts and how wound up everyone still gets.

Kudos for being able to do it every week.

Sacrilege!

Now wash your mouth out with Domestos, you philistine!

:)

pommpey

The lad cant do much more:
Er...... yes he can, he could score more goals. Just to remind you his tally is 3 in 50 appearances

i like mcburnie but brewster is much better:
Mcburnie has just scored 3 in his last 4 outings. Explain please how this makes Brewster much better. (reminder again Brewster 3 in 50)

If you have watched Brewster this season he has played very well and could easily have had 4/5 goals already

I think Brewster is better becuase I watch football with my eyes if mbappe doesn’t score a goal at the weekend and Chris porter does that doesn’t mean Chris Porter is better does it

Because he dictates the way we play, if you’ve seen a United game live you’ll have seen Berge is shite in a defensive two. Click bait

He isn’t though is he , he is better behind the striker yes

But he is still the best centre mod you could put him at right back and he’d be the best right back in the league IMO

For some reason I’m biting, but how you’ve dropped Norwood is beyond me.

Because away from home he can be a passenger

Have you not watched the blades for the past 5 years

You can say Norwood is a fantastic player but you can also say away from home he can get overrun

If you have watched Brewster this season he has played very well and could easily have had 4/5 goals already

I think Brewster is better becuase I watch football with my eyes if mbappe doesn’t score a goal at the weekend and Chris porter does that doesn’t mean Chris Porter is better does it
I have watched Brewster every game he s appeared in this season. And you may find this difficult to understand, but I also watched him with my eyes. I find watching through my ears not to be that effective.
Funnily enough Hecky watches him, also as far as I can tell, with his eyes too. If he was playing ,I quote you, very well, Im sure Hecky would start him every match.
As for could easily had 4/5 goals already, it may have escaped your attention, but he hasnt got 4/5 goals already has he? How many has he got?
Incidentally I could have easily won yesterdays Euromillions, if I had had 3 more numbers! Instead I got the princely sum of £11.31p. Which gives me something in common with Brewster, I dont have nearly enough.

btw. I did give Brewster credit where it was due in the Swansea game. In his contribution to the goal he showed traits that have been missing for far too long. He showed pace, commitment, passion, grit and determination as well as the composure to thread the ball to Khadra for him to find the back of the net.
Now if he had done the same in his last 50 appearances , without doubt he would be a first team regular.
But he has shown nothing like it. Which is why he s on the bench .

Because away from home he can be a passenger

Have you not watched the blades for the past 5 years

You can say Norwood is a fantastic player but you can also say away from home he can get overrun
Anyone would think we’re top of the league in a season that Norwood has played every game. He’s up there as probably our most consistent performer this season.

The stats of games we win with him in the team in comparison to out of the team over the last 5 years shows how important he is

Anyone would think we’re top of the league in a season that Norwood has played every game. He’s up there as probably our most consistent performer this season.

The stats of games we win with him in the team in comparison to out of the team over the last 5 years shows how important he is

I’m not saying he hasn’t been good this season he has

However he shouldn’t be undroppable

You can’t say that becuase he has has been good for a month

Fantastic player but when he is harried and pressed he can lose us a game

See the Hull game

Facts

Have you noticed we're top of the league and Norwood has played every game.....

Sacrilege!

Now wash your mouth out with Domestos, you philistine!

:)

pommpey

I find it difficult to understand how some are unable to accept Norwood is invisible when harried. This is largely due to his lack of pace. Noone doubts he pulls the strings when given time and space but to ignore his glaring weakness serves no purpose.

The fact he has played every game and we are top of the league is a result of much more than Norwood.
He certainly didn't tick at Watford.

I find it difficult to understand how some are unable to accept Norwood is invisible when harried. This is largely due to his lack of pace. Noone doubts he pulls the strings when given time and space but to ignore his glaring weakness serves no purpose.

The fact he has played every game and we are top of the league is a result of much more than Norwood.
He certainly didn't tick at Watford.

Completely agree. There are times where he gets stuck right in and can be an integral component of us going forward. Then there's times he's like a fucking traffic cone, not reading the game and pointing for others to do the spadework because he's ten or fifteen metres out of the game. Then there's the times he is just a component in non-productive passing across the backline side to side until the opposition smell blood and he gets pounced upon. What is missing is a component which makes him keep hold of the ball whilst moving forward with it at his feet. Doyle does it and Fleck used to try until he ran up against opposition players who would force him to turn his back. I hear all about these 'stats' which many use as a battering ram and as 'proof' of his worth but it all amounts to nowt when he coughs up possession in key areas and suddenly we are transiting from promising attack to desperate defence.

Regardless of improved performances recently, I am still not won back over. There's no doubt that five seasons ago he was pretty damn decent and the first half season in the PL up to lockdown. But for me he is still a liability, one for which doesn't allow him to be first on the team sheet and undroppable.

pommpey

Have you noticed we're top of the league and Norwood has played every game.....

Ah. The old 'false equivalence' fallacy.

You do realise many others have been playing in those games too?

pommpey

Completely agree. There are times where he gets stuck right in and can be an integral component of us going forward. Then there's times he's like a fucking traffic cone, not reading the game and pointing for others to do the spadework because he's ten or fifteen metres out of the game. Then there's the times he is just a component in non-productive passing across the backline side to side until the opposition smell blood and he gets pounced upon. What is missing is a component which makes him keep hold of the ball whilst moving forward with it at his feet. Doyle does it and Fleck used to try until he ran up against opposition players who would force him to turn his back. I hear all about these 'stats' which many use as a battering ram and as 'proof' of his worth but it all amounts to nowt when he coughs up possession in key areas and suddenly we are transiting from promising attack to desperate defence.

Regardless of improved performances recently, I am still not won back over. There's no doubt that five seasons ago he was pretty damn decent and the first half season in the PL up to lockdown. But for me he is still a liability, one for which doesn't allow him to be first on the team sheet and undroppable.

pommpey
The thing about Norwood is, and always has been, he needs someone beside him with energy and who can tackle. If you look at when he's been at his best, it's next to someone who does the dirty work for him. He will get stuck in but when he's on the ball he needs time. If he's harried and the person next to him doesn't have the energy to take that pressure off him, he panics. Gives the ball away. Tried to get rid of it early. If we want him to continue past this season we really need to sign a really athletic CM to play next to him.

Ah. The old 'false equivalence' fallacy.

You do realise many others have been playing in those games too?

pommpey
That isn't what false equivalence means at all.

Yes I do realise that. Pretending Norwood contributes nothing is like saying we've had 10 men all season and yet we're top. Utter nonsense.

Hecky sacked by October you reckon still?

The thing about Norwood is, and always has been, he needs someone beside him with energy and who can tackle. If you look at when he's been at his best, it's next to someone who does the dirty work for him. He will get stuck in but when he's on the ball he needs time. If he's harried and the person next to him doesn't have the energy to take that pressure off him, he panics. Gives the ball away. Tried to get rid of it early. If we want him to continue past this season we really need to sign a really athletic CM to play next to him.
Today will show if Berge can help Norwood in that respect - I have my doubts

Today will show if Berge can help Norwood in that respect - I have my doubts
His style of play makes him look worse then he is, but I don't think he has the burst of pace needed to keep up with people. He seems to follow in their wake. He's also not the kind of player who snaps in to tackles, like Fleck and Duffy. I think there's a danger we'll get overrun there. Ndiaye will put a shift in but he's not a good tackler and liable to give free kicks away. We'll see. Anyone who has complained about Hecky not attacking enough away from home surely can't complain about this line-up.

You can’t say that becuase he has has been good for a month

Fantastic player but when he is harried and pressed he can lose us a game

See the Hull game

Facts
Oh ye I'm still fuming about that Hull game he cost us that we won 0-2.

That isn't what false equivalence means at all.

Yes I do realise that. Pretending Norwood contributes nothing is like saying we've had 10 men all season and yet we're top. Utter nonsense.

Hecky sacked by October you reckon still?

Yes it is. A happens because of B. Yet A happens because of a multitude of Bs, not just 'B', as you attest. It is a false equivalence.

And yes, if we'd continued in the manner we started with Hecky would have been gone by October. I don't doubt if I scoured your posts and extracted them into a carefully crafted .xls spreadsheet like you do with me, I could find similar comments by you which are misaligned to eventual outcomes.

But I can't be fucking arsed. You're not important enough.

pommpey

Yes it is. A happens because of B. Yet A happens because of a multitude of Bs, not just 'B', as you attest. It is a false equivalence.

And yes, if we'd continued in the manner we started with Hecky would have been gone by October. I don't doubt if I scoured your posts and extracted them into a carefully crafted .xls spreadsheet like you do with me, I could find similar comments by you which are misaligned to eventual outcomes.

But I can't be fucking arsed. You're not important enough.

pommpey
Brilliant so if we'd continued losing every game he'd have been gone by October you meant. Great prediction that.

Thanks for saying I'm not important enough. Weird you've gone out of your way to reply to me when I wasn't talking to you. Imagine how much you'd piss your pants and shriek stalker if I did that.

Enjoy desperately wanting Norwood to be shit again today won't you. And don't let yet another laughably bad prediction stop you thinking you know more about football than anyone else will you.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom