Fallowfields team to give the posh a pasting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Mcburnie played every game from now until the end of the season (covid permitting) how many goals would he score. I'd say based on what I've seen of him the last 2 years and him not being very good at football, he would get 5 at the most and that's generous.

Sadly the alternatives are not great, other than the one we loaned to one of our rivals !!
Agree

But the alternatives are more palatable than Enda

The lad has been woeful

-------Championship Wes-----

--Bogle--Bash--Egan--Robinson--Enda--

----- Berge------Norwood-----

------------Ndiaye-----------

----Brewster------Mcburnie-----

Time to play the big guns like mcburnie & berge stop playing players who have been consistently poor Hecky hourihane/robinson/sharp

Robinsons stays in by default until davies is back fully fit hopefully

Think Brewster & Mcburnie can be a proper strike force in this league 100% if they get a proper run together im not sure they have ever even started as a pair maybe once this season possibly

Its time to say sorry Billy but bye billy he should not be playing he should be 4th/5th choice striker behind brewster/Olimac/Didzz/Jebbinson + Ndiaye as he could easily play there as a false 9

You put Davies in that side and we are head and shoulders above the majority of dross in this league if we are at it every game but that's down to hecky will hecky be good enough I don't know as he got this job by defualt as was the situation we were in IMO not by managerial ability
I really wish you would just fuck off you utter fucking helmet.

-------Championship Wes-----

--Bogle--Bash--Egan--Robinson--Enda--

----- Hourihane------Norwood-----

------------Ndiaye-----------

----Brewster------Mcburnie-----

Time to play the big guns like mcburnie & berge stop playing players who have been consistently poor Hecky hourihane/robinson/sharp

Robinsons stays in by default until davies is back fully fit hopefully

Think Brewster & Mcburnie can be a proper strike force in this league 100% if they get a proper run together im not sure they have ever even started as a pair maybe once this season possibly

Its time to say sorry Billy but bye billy he should not be playing he should be 4th/5th choice striker behind brewster/Olimac/Didzz/Jebbinson + Ndiaye as he could easily play there as a false 9

You put Davies in that side and we are head and shoulders above the majority of dross in this league if we are at it every game but that's down to hecky will hecky be good enough I don't know as he got this job by defualt as was the situation we were in IMO not by managerial ability
There you go, fixed it for you.

Can't disagree too much with that team, bar the obvious, Berge should be nowhere near the starting line up. Be reyts if Hecky had any sense he'd be drumming him out of the Lane and using some of the money to buy the big dominant centre half we need.

In theory McBurnie and Brewster should be battering this division, they've both done it before at this level with Swansea. Sharp and Diddsy also have big roles to play, they are both mid 30s but have plenty to offer in short bursts.

Fleck, MGW and Davies would obviously add strength to this team, anyone any idea when they'll be back in consideration for the first team?

There you go, fixed it for you.

Can't disagree too much with that team, bar the obvious, Berge should be nowhere near the starting line up. Be reyts if Hecky had any sense he'd be drumming him out of the Lane and using some of the money to buy the big dominant centre half we need.

In theory McBurnie and Brewster should be battering this division, they've both done it before at this level with Swansea. Sharp and Diddsy also have big roles to play, they are both mid 30s but have plenty to offer in short bursts.

Fleck, MGW and Davies would obviously had strength to this team, anyone any idea when they'll be back in consideration for the first team?

Why shouldn't Berge be playing ?

What exactly does hourihane do better than Berge

Is your opinion based on judging him against the fact we spent £20 million on him if that's the case then its not really valid

Is your opinion based on judging him against the fact we spent £20 million on him if that's the case then its not really valid

I'm basing it on the fact that Berge is totally uninterested and puts in very little effort on the pitch. We're a fairly decent team provided every player gives 100%. We can't afford any passengers in the team (that's Berge btw), especially in centre of the park.

Just like why you've selected Robinson, Hourihane gets in for me as he's the best available until Fleck comes back.

I'm basing it on the fact that Berge is totally uninterested and puts in very little effort on the pitch. We're a fairly decent team provided every player gives 100%. We can't afford any passengers in the team (that's Berge btw), especially in centre of the park.

Just like why you've selected Robinson, Hourihane gets in for me as he's the best available until Fleck comes back.

Spot on. Berge’s inherent immobility combined with a clear lack of effort make him a passenger in midfield.

It may be unfair, but his body language is bordering on being lundstrumesque.

That's your opinion but I'm not sure what your basing that on ?

Berge isn't a passenger Hes the only midfielder who shows for the ball when nobody else does a passenger is someone who hides when we have the ball which hourihane has done plenty since he has come

Not to mention that norwood and hourihane have been weak as piss in the midfield and as soon as we come under any pressure lose the ball at every chance but it appears Norwood is now Paul Scholes because he played a few good passes

Again would you be having the same opinion about berge if we signed him for 500k im not sure you would

Id play Berge / Fleck when there both fully fit id play neither of Norwood/Hourihane there liabilities and one or two good games wont change that IMO

If Mcburnie played every game from now until the end of the season (covid permitting) how many goals would he score. I'd say based on what I've seen of him the last 2 years and him not being very good at football, he would get 5 at the most and that's generous.

Depends if he stays in position, becomes the central attacking nuisance he possibly is and stops fucking about trying to be an attacking midfield playmaker.

This all obviously depends upon a few factors

1. If the midfield become a cohesive forward moving collective who can pass and overcome opposition midfields

2. If that midfield can find McBurnie with a pass

3. The wingbacks being able to cross properly

As much as we slate McPub endlessly, one of the reasons he is so goal shy and shithousy is because he has to go looking for the ball and do the spadework. He's not good at that. He's better at being in the zone and mixing it up with their central defence, as he used to do against us. Until we learn to find him, he, and SUFC aren't gonna get anything out of him in red and white

pommpey

That's your opinion but I'm not sure what your basing that on ?

Berge isn't a passenger Hes the only midfielder who shows for the ball when nobody else does a passenger is someone who hides when we have the ball which hourihane has done plenty since he has come

Not to mention that norwood and hourihane have been weak as piss in the midfield and as soon as we come under any pressure lose the ball at every chance but it appears Norwood is now Paul Scholes because he played a few good passes

Again would you be having the same opinion about berge if we signed him for 500k im not sure you would

Id play Berge / Fleck when there both fully fit id play neither of Norwood/Hourihane there liabilities and one or two good games wont change that IMO

The transfer fee is irrelevant, his attitude, application and performances this season has been appalling. Berge has put in very little effort this season, he's been nothing more than a passenger, a team like United where they all have to pulling in the same direction at 100% then what Berge is doing is no good. Remove the man (Berge) remove the problem (Berge), simples!!

Depends if he stays in position, becomes the central attacking nuisance he possibly is and stops fucking about trying to be an attacking midfield playmaker.

This all obviously depends upon a few factors

1. If the midfield become a cohesive forward moving collective who can pass and overcome opposition midfields

2. If that midfield can find McBurnie with a pass

3. The wingbacks being able to cross properly

As much as we slate McPub endlessly, one of the reasons he is so goal shy and shithousy is because he has to go looking for the ball and do the spadework. He's not good at that. He's better at being in the zone and mixing it up with their central defence, as he used to do against us. Until we learn to find him, he, and SUFC aren't gonna get anything out of him in red and white

pommpey
I agree with all of that and I think the points you mentioned relate to getting the best out of pretty much all of our strikers. Possibly McGoldrick being the exception as he can create his own chances (and then miss them). However, that being said I'm that dissolusioned with McBurnie and his ambling about, lack of ability to sprint, lack of strength, and cant be arsed attitude on and off the field I just don't think he's anywhere near the player he was in his stand out season for Swansea. I'm starting to believe that was just a purple patch in his whole career never to be seen again. Honestly, my heart sinks when I see him warming up or waiting to come on with 5 mins to go in a way that is only comparable to watching shit bastards like Connor Sammon, Jay Mceverley, Marlon King I'm not saying he's as bad as these horrors but another season of nothingness and arsing about and he's not far off.

No passengers today and an easy 2-0 win.

Even better, Billy does what Billy does best!

No passengers today and an easy 2-0 win.

Even better, Billy does what Billy does best!

Sorry but against a poor side today Billy was pretty ineffective. His control let him down a number of times, he wasn't great at winning his battles and he never looked like scoring the one on one with their keeper. He scored a good goal from a snapshot but let's be honest, he misses a damn sight more than he scores. Not saying he was a complete passenger, but given the game time he's getting, the threat he's posed in recent games hardly strikes fear into opposing defences.

But he DOES strike fear into opposing defences, they try and rile him every game, they attempt to knock him about , but it doesn`t work that often, he`s tough. They are worried shitless by Billy.... would Ndiaye have scored against fulham if Billy wasn`t taking the attention of defenders away . He scores, he assists (more than ever before?) , he hassles. Things don`t always come off but if he scores, that`s his main job done,. He`s a big asset. I can`t think of many strikers who would`ve scored his goal today with such perfection, great control, good strike, perfectly in the corner.

I'm a rose-tinted glasses type, usually, when it comes to Blades players, but we aren't going to trouble the top 6 if we are starting Oli McB up front.

He is nowhere near fit and ready, he looks like he needs 10 pounds in weight adding to his frame, he has no pace so it's not like adding some weight will slow him down.

I'm a rose-tinted glasses type, usually, when it comes to Blades players, but we aren't going to trouble the top 6 if we are starting Oli McB up front.

He is nowhere near fit and ready, he looks like he needs 10 pounds in weight adding to his frame, he has no pace so it's not like adding some weight will slow him down.

He could borrow some from Moussy.

Back
Top Bottom