Fallowfields team for Reading

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ll take performances over reputation any day.
Couldn’t agree more Derek

Wes years of been bang average in league one

Olsen years playing in the champions league and international football

There is zero chance of that team been picked
Agree with this statement.

Here's why:

Wes has already been confirmed for a few games as Olsen is injured.

Osborn is not the answer in a flat back 4. He's a wingback or midfielder. See game v Birmingham as to why.

Berge has been out for some time. I doubt he'll go straight into any XI.

MGW hasn't played on the left at any point in time.

I'm not even sure if Typhoid Mary, sorry McBurnie, is available 😉

Slav still doesn't know what to do because of the failings from the last window. Because of Basham being our best player right now and us finally keeping a clean sheet I think he'll stick to 3-4-1-2 from Saturday. I think he'd be right to do so after being badly let down by the recruitment team.

Foderingham
Basham Egan Davies
Bogle Norwood Fleck Stevens
MGW
McGoldrick Sharp

This is essentially the same set up that got us promoted but with Wes for Henderson, Davies for O'Connell, Bogle for Baldock and MGW for Duffy.

Hopefully we win. That goes without saying but because this squad is built for 3-4-1-2. It's a myth that it was a 3-5-2 squad that got us up so MGW in the hole might just give us what we need. I'd be inclined to go with this until we get wingers in January, give or take some rotation amongst the forwards. I'd also have Slater in the squad.

Anybody but Olsen in goal,
anybody but Fleck in midfield.
Bash first name on team sheet.
2 up front.

Im not sure i agree with that Wes is a bombsacre with the ball at his feet im afraid

We shall see when Olsen is back fit

The same people righting of Olsen are the same ones who said the same about Ramsdale last season
Olsen isn't bothered about being at United (he's not the only one) and his performances this season have been average at best, but you are correct that he will be back in the team when fit but this will be down to money shelled out for him not down to him deserving his place in the team. For me Foderingham hasn't put a foot wrong in the games I've seen him and deserves the shirt. You talk about him being a bombscare, I'd say quite the opposite, his performances have been calm and assured and made all routine saves look easy, he has also probably came and dealt with more crosses and corners in his 4 games than Olsen has all season. There is a lot to moan and slag off this season but laying in to a guy who has played 4 games, done well, and actually looks like he wants to be here seems a bit shitty to me.

Fodders
Bash Egan Davies

Bogle Stevens
Fleck Norwood
MGW
Didzy Brewster

Some of these I wouldn't want to play but because of injuries and lack of quality replacements that's want I'd I'd go with. Two up top an MGW in behind them Duffy role

Olsen isn't bothered about being at United (he's not the only one) and his performances this season have been average at best, but you are correct that he will be back in the team when fit but this will be down to money shelled out for him not down to him deserving his place in the team. For me Foderingham hasn't put a foot wrong in the games I've seen him and deserves the shirt. You talk about him being a bombscare, I'd say quite the opposite, his performances have been calm and assured and made all routine saves look easy, he has also probably came and dealt with more crosses and corners in his 4 games than Olsen has all season. There is a lot to moan and slag off this season but laying in to a guy who has played 4 games, done well, and actually looks like he wants to be here seems a bit shitty to me.

You don't know that though he hasnt pulled up any trees so far , but i don't think his performances have been as bad as everybody is making out he has made mistakes but every keeper does deano did and so did rammers he pulled of a worldy save against milwall and no one even mentioned it because as soon as people have opinions on players they don't change them instead of giving an unbiased opinion on players much like Burke who is this years lundstrams even though Hes started what one game ?

I'm not laying into him I just don't think he is good enough , like I'm not laying into Billy sharp when I say he isn't good enough I judge players with my eyes not whether there a blade or want to be at the club etc

League one Wes might have a good run but overall Olsen is a much better keeper as per the career he has had and I don't think 3 or 4 bad games changes that or 3 or 4 good games for wes changes it

You don't know that though he hasnt pulled up any trees so far , but i don't think his performances have been as bad as everybody is making out he has made mistakes but every keeper does deano did and so did rammers he pulled of a worldy save against milwall and no one even mentioned it because as soon as people have opinions on players they don't change them instead of giving an unbiased opinion on players much like Burke who is this years lundstrams even though Hes started what one game ?

I'm not laying into him I just don't think he is good enough , like I'm not laying into Billy sharp when I say he isn't good enough I judge players with my eyes not whether there a blade or want to be at the club etc

League one Wes might have a good run but overall Olsen is a much better keeper as per the career he has had and I don't think 3 or 4 bad games changes that or 3 or 4 good games for wes changes it

You judge it with your own eyes, yet you're basing Olsen being better than Wes (for Sheffield United Football Club) on his career stats, rather than his sketchy performances so far this season. Make loads of sense 👍

Sharp is the other one you slag off, yet you're saying because Brewster and McBurnie are younger then they should be in the team. This is despite the fact that neither of them have done anything that your eyes will have witnessed to back this point up (for Sheffield United).

You also say you don't form opinions on players, but you refer to him as League one Wes and Olsen as Sweden's No.1. That suggests a preformed opinion to me.

Keep trying on the WUM front though, it might pay off one day.

My attempt here

Olsen - injured, Baldock - ill, McBurnie - isolation, Moussett - made of biscuits probably only good enough for 20, Berge - poss won’t make it fleck if not. RND and ndiaye both played for u23s today.

Attachments

• 98932AA6-B666-467C-A114-7C1F34323753.png
    98932AA6-B666-467C-A114-7C1F34323753.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
N’diaye playing for development team today so he won’t be in the squad
Looks ready for a short break. He's a decent player but I think his blistering start put too much expectation on his shoulders.

I prefer to judge players on form not on the career they have had, which in Olsens case isn't as good as you would have us believe. One season playing consistently in Roma's first team in a career so far spanning 14 years doesn't really fool me into thinking he should be an automatic pick week in week out. His international form must be very good to have played over 50 games, or the keeping options in Sweden are piss poor. I haven't mentioned Burke in this thread or Billy Sharp but as you did I will offer my opinion - Burke has had no form since his Nottingham Forest days, and has been consistently shit for every club he has been at since so therefore doesn't deserve to be anywhere near our matchday squad. Billy Sharp hasn't been as good this season as he was last time out in the championship, however he does have the top assists and scored the most goals this season so I would say based on that he is justifying starting at the moment over other strikers who cant hit a barndoor/crash cars/perpetually injured/out with covid/look like they have won a competition to be professional footballer for a season.

I'd also prefer you to call Wes, SPL Wes if you don't mind has he spent longer there than he did in League 1. Cheers

In Goal Sweden's number 1 Robin Olsen

Bogle-----Basham------Davies----Osborne

-------Berge---------Houriahne-----

-----Brewster-----Didz------MGW

---------------Mcburnie----------

Now we know Ndiaye won't be playing, if Berge is fit, then this isn't far off. I would maybe try Brewster instead of McBurnie and dare I say it... Freeman

Hourihane is on last chance saloon for me too.

I'd go with either of these:

Olsen
Bogle - Egan - Davies - Osborn
Berge - Basham
MGW - Didzy - Freeman
Brewster

or...

Olsen
Bogle - Egan - Davies - Stevens
Berge - Basham
MGW - Didzy - Osborn
Brewster
What's up with Baldock? He's much better defensively than Bogle

Now we know Ndiaye won't be playing, if Berge is fit, then this isn't far off. I would maybe try Brewster instead of McBurnie and dare I say it... Freeman

Olsen
Berge - Basham
MGW - Didzy - Freeman
Brewster

or...

Olsen
Berge - Basham
MGW - Didzy - Osborn
Brewster
Hasn’t Slav said that Olsen is out for a few weeks?

Olsen
Berge - Basham
MGW - Didzy - Freeman
Brewster

or...

Olsen
Berge - Basham
MGW - Didzy - Osborn
Brewster

Nothing wrong with those teams , I think Bogle deserves a long run in the team and a proper one not just 4 games yes Baldock is better defensively but Bogle looked good going forward against Cov and he is solid defensively though not as good as Baldock

I think if we get a fit Berge and Didz plays like he did that second half bar his missed chances we cant go far wrong

I would play houirane again his performance on Saturday proves that you cant just chuck new signings in a team and after one bad performance never play them again you need to play them

He was poor first half but grew into the game and was very good the second half , why should fleck keep his place in the team when he has done that for the past 12 months ?

You judge it with your own eyes, yet you're basing Olsen being better than Wes (for Sheffield United Football Club) on his career stats, rather than his sketchy performances so far this season. Make loads of sense 👍

Sharp is the other one you slag off, yet you're saying because Brewster and McBurnie are younger then they should be in the team. This is despite the fact that neither of them have done anything that your eyes will have witnessed to back this point up (for Sheffield United).

You also say you don't form opinions on players, but you refer to him as League one Wes and Olsen as Sweden's No.1. That suggests a preformed opinion to me.

Keep trying on the WUM front though, it might pay off one day.

You cant judge Brewster or Mcburnie with your eyes because they haven't played a single minutes as a no9 this season so that's not possible

We've spent £40 million on two no9's and decided were not going to play them after playing them out of position

I was pretty underwhelmed with his signing. In hindsight, we could have just stuck with Moore. Appreciate he had a bad hand injury for a decent part of last season but if both Ramsdale and Moore had been out and we hadn't signed Foderingham then we would have been afforded an emergency loan I believe anyway.

That said, he hasn't put a foot wrong this season really. He had shaky moments and could have given a goal away at Luton but on the whole in terms of decent saves and errors leading to goals, he's now got a reasonably reliable body of work at Championship level for us.

As my Dad always says, usually about managers, it's what they do with you that counts and same has to apply for Wes.

If you knew nothing about either you'd be picking Foderingham on merit out of the three keepers on our books.

I prefer to judge players on form not on the career they have had, which in Olsens case isn't as good as you would have us believe. One season playing consistently in Roma's first team in a career so far spanning 14 years doesn't really fool me into thinking he should be an automatic pick week in week out. His international form must be very good to have played over 50 games, or the keeping options in Sweden are piss poor. I haven't mentioned Burke in this thread or Billy Sharp but as you did I will offer my opinion - Burke has had no form since his Nottingham Forest days, and has been consistently shit for every club he has been at since so therefore doesn't deserve to be anywhere near our matchday squad. Billy Sharp hasn't been as good this season as he was last time out in the championship, however he does have the top assists and scored the most goals this season so I would say based on that he is justifying starting at the moment over other strikers who cant hit a barndoor/crash cars/perpetually injured/out with covid/look like they have won a competition to be professional footballer for a season.

I'd also prefer you to call Wes, SPL Wes if you don't mind has he spent longer there than he did in League 1. Cheers
The thing with Olsen is that 50 caps is impressive but it also does raise the question who is challenging him?

In the last selection, Kristoffer Nordfeldt, he of Swansea Reserves fame with 24 appearances at Swansea in 5 years and Pontus Dahlberg, equally of Watford Reserves fame and currently on loan at League One Galacticos Doncaster Rovers. Then under recent call ups you have Karl-Johan Johnsson and Jacob Rinne. No? Me neither!

So, at least right now, he's got similar bragging rights to the bloke who is Captain of the Faroe Islands and if Wes were Swedish he'd be having every chance of making the Sweden matchday squad.

You cant judge Brewster or Mcburnie with your eyes because they haven't played a single minutes as a no9 this season so that's not possible

We've spent £40 million on two no9's and decided were not going to play them after playing them out of position
You seem obsessed with ‘not playing them as a number 9’. They’ve played in forward positions and looked absolutely shite. £40m for players who, according to you, can only play in 1 role. They must be good 👍

Fodders
Bash Egan Davies

Bogle Stevens
Fleck Norwood
MGW
Didzy Brewster

Some of these I wouldn't want to play but because of injuries and lack of quality replacements that's want I'd I'd go with. Two up top an MGW in behind them Duffy role
Think you'll find I nailed that one

Attachments

• 1637694300338.png
    1637694300338.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom