Fallowfields team for Reading

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
In Goal Sweden's number 1 Robin Olsen

Bogle-----Basham------Davies----Osborne

-------Berge---------Houriahne-----

-----Brewster-----Didz------MGW

---------------Mcburnie----------

Its getting to the point where Slav is just completely trolling us with his selections chopping and changing formation every other week and sticking with players who have been terrible for months such as Fleck/Stevens/Sharp they need a break and they haven't been good enough anyway for months , or he just doesn't have a Scooby about his team and what formation/system to play worryingly it is looking like the latter

There is zero chance of that team been picked as Slav ill no doubt pick stevens/sharp/fleck who have been abysmal for months on end

Houirahne will no doubt get dropped just has he showed us he is a quality player in that second half and mcgoldrick will be back on the bench even though he showed more attacking intent than sharp/osborn have in the past 10 games in that 2nd half

People will no doubt say i am a WUM but im really not its becoming worrying that SLAV really doesn't have a clue what to do with this squad we are almost 20 games in and he still chops and changes formations and systems and doesnt give players a run in the team who deserve one instead persisting with the same players

So no one in your proposed team that's any good at defending then?? Bash no good in a 4. Bogle cant defend and doesnt offer much going forward. Osborn no good at left back. Davies powder puff at best. Berge and Hourihane no good at protecting a very weak back 4...

Front four has potential mind.

• Banned
So no one in your proposed team that's any good at defending then?? Bash no good in a 4. Bogle cant defend and doesnt offer much going forward. Osborn no good at left back. Davies powder puff at best. Berge and Hourihane no good at protecting a very weak back 4...

Front four has potential mind.

So who would you play instead of Hourihane & Berge ? Jimmy Fleck ?

Who would you play instead of that back 4 Egan has been bad for a while and needs a rest stevens has been dire and bogle looked decent on saturday ?

I love your commitment to Berge being in the squad every week. Fingers crossed just for you.

I agree with a couple of your players but you're on the wind up again so here's a team that is more likely to play:

Fodders

Bogle, Basham, Egan, Davies, Osborn

Berge (if fit), Norwood

MGW

Sharp/Didzy, Brewster

Berge probably won't play because he's made of weetabix,

Brewster probably won't play because he's crap and has zero impact on the game unless he flukes a goal (it's this reason that I've put him to start).

I wouldn't play McBurnie because he's better at warming up for 80 mins and chatting to their subs than he is at football.

Hourihane was poor and isn't any better than Norwood, he just shoots a bit nearer to the goal occasionally.

Billy and Didzy is a toss up for me as we either have a bit of running but not much else (Sharp) or some creativity but no end product (McG).

I stopped reading after Olsen.

Foderingham's shirt to lose now.

Id persist with an international standard keepr with a proven track record yes he hasn't been amazing but he hasnt been as bad as made out , if Slav wants to play from the back he will start

Whatever the question League one Wes isn't the answer

So who would you play instead of Hourihane & Berge ? Jimmy Fleck ?

Who would you play instead of that back 4 Egan has been bad for a while and needs a rest stevens has been dire and bogle looked decent on saturday ?

Berge and Fleck. Fleck was ok on saturday. Hourihane had a decent last 10 minutes, was gash before that.

I wouldnt go back 4 as we dont have the personnel to play it, agree Egan is well off it, but sadly the issue we have all over the park is there isnt adequate replacements / alternatives.

Id stick with a version of 3-4-3 that looks like:

Bash - Egan - Davies
Baldock - Berge - Fleck - Osborn
MGW - Sharp / Mousett /Brewster / McGoldrick / McBurnie (probably in that order of preference!) - Freeman

Id persist with an international standard keepr with a proven track record yes he hasn't been amazing but he hasnt been as bad as made out , if Slav wants to play from the back he will start

Never said he was the answer.

In my opinion its bad management to drop a keeper who's just had a decent performance. Whatever you say about him, he didn't do bad at all on Saturday and kept a clean sheet. The facts are there. When he fucks up, he's outta there. In the meantime, its his shirt to lose.

Its getting to the point where Slav is just completely trolling us with his selections chopping and changing formation every other week and sticking with players who have been terrible for months such as Fleck/Stevens/Sharp they need a break and they haven't been good enough anyway for months , or he just doesn't have a Scooby about his team and what formation/system to play worryingly it is looking like the latter

There is zero chance of that team been picked as Slav ill no doubt pick stevens/sharp/fleck who have been abysmal for months on end

Houirahne will no doubt get dropped just has he showed us he is a quality player in that second half and mcgoldrick will be back on the bench even though he showed more attacking intent than sharp/osborn have in the past 10 games in that 2nd half

People will no doubt say i am a WUM but im really not its becoming worrying that SLAV really doesn't have a clue what to do with this squad we are almost 20 games in and he still chops and changes formations and systems and doesnt give players a run in the team who deserve one instead persisting with the same players
I think your better staying with the WUM profile mate at least you can get away with that

Never said he was the answer.

In my opinion its bad management to drop a keeper who's just had a decent performance. Whatever you say about him, he didn't do bad at all on Saturday and kept a clean sheet. The facts are there. When he fucks up, he's outta there. In the meantime, its his shirt to lose.

Fair comment he did ok on saturday , but if Slav wants to pass out from the back then olsen will probably start

.....................................Wes
..............Basham - Egan - Davies
........................... Norwood
Bogle ---- Berge ---- Osborn ---- RND
......................Brewster McBurnie​

doesnt matter which way you spin it mostly Can't Be Arsed IX with the couple of exceptions.

Half of them remind me of those battery toys that do a U turn when they sense a wall whereas some of our players do a U turn when they sense going forward.

" if Slav wants to play from the back he will start", why? Every club I've seen Foderingham play for has played out from the back, in particularly Swindon under Mark Cooper. I'd say if we insist on playing out from the back Foderingham is much more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Olsen who looks moves like he's made of wood.

Unless the question is:

Which Sheffield United goalkeeper has come off his line to claim a cross this season?

or

Which Sheffield United goalkeeper can hold a weak shot instead of parrying it to the opposition players?

or

Who looks more interested in playing for Sheffield United at the moment, Olsen or Wes?

" if Slav wants to play from the back he will start", why? Every club I've seen Foderingham play for has played out from the back, in particularly Swindon under Mark Cooper. I'd say if we insist on playing out from the back Foderingham is much more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Olsen who looks moves like he's made of wood.

Im not sure i agree with that Wes is a bombsacre with the ball at his feet im afraid

We shall see when Olsen is back fit

The same people righting of Olsen are the same ones who said the same about Ramsdale last season

Unless the question is:

Which Sheffield United goalkeeper has come off his line to claim a cross this season?

or

Which Sheffield United goalkeeper can hold a weak shot instead of parrying it to the opposition players?

or

Who looks more interested in playing for Sheffield United at the moment, Olsen or Wes?

Or

Which Sheffield United keeper has played over 50 times for his country played in a world cup quarter final the champions league and the Europa league

Yes he has been poor but he is far far far better than bomb scare wes I'm afraid

Cant really argue much with this team selection or your logic for proposing it

If Slav doesn't come somewhere near it then he's not he man i thought he was

Im not sure i agree with that Wes is a bombsacre with the ball at his feet im afraid

We shall see when Olsen is back fit

The same people righting of Olsen are the same ones who said the same about Ramsdale last season

that just proves play for another team they are good play for us they are shite.

Rest of the players bring them down to their level.

Or

Which Sheffield United keeper has played over 50 times for his country played in a world cup quarter final the champions league and the Europa league

Yes he has been poor but he is far far far better than bomb scare wes I'm afraid
I’ll take performances over reputation any day.

The Pedantry Republican Army couldn't make it past the title.

When the first word misses an apostrophe, you can make a good guess about the thought, craft and planning that will have gone into the post.......
What does the PRA have to say about your use of ellipses?

If Berge's in the starting line up, then I want Mousset up front and Dane Whitehouse at left wing back

Back
Top Bottom