Exeter after thoughts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Great to meet up with so many of you from here yesterday, you know who you are! Just a shame the results didn't go our way, but still had a very good day.

Also, I think Exeter should be acknowledged as a club and their fans. As we said before, we never intended to cause trouble and but for a few idiots I think everyone pretty much behaved and showed respect. Same can be said for the pubs and bars before and after.

I thought the Police were also friendly and accommodating, did what they had to, but despite large pockets of blades in the home ends seemed to deal with it well, where possible allowed blades to stay in the seated home ends. gathered up the away blades from the home end and sensibly brought them to the away end. No unnecessary arrests, no daft decisions. I'm sure there were some aggrieved parties but they would be in the minority.

Stewarding was poor, not sure where these guys come from, but some thugs amongst them with a power crazy attitude to away fans. I guarantee that they wouldn't have coped with a pitch invasion.

There was probably justification for giving us more tickets, perhaps this could've been in the seating behind the dug outs, but not a major grumble, Exeter have kept their fans happy in not selling out for this game, as many have said, we're only there once in a blue moon.

As for the atmosphere, thought we never got going in the terracing, too little motivation, Exeter had pockets of noise, but we struggled to get enthusiastic for a single song.

Good day, bad result, nice clear roads there and back

Agreed re the Stewards, desperate to throw people out, grabbing people by the collar for 'answering them back' - goons.

Hiya mate, safely back home, keep safe on your travels. Agree about Police and Exeter City FC most welcoming. Had a bit of a laugh with a Police Seargent at half time. Stewards a bit thick showed us to wrong seats. Think Police soon realised that we were no threat despite loads of us hijacking there stand.
Pleased we got seats where we did as our official designated area seemed a bit flat.
Trying to get spirit up for playoffs. Suppose its the Blades Way.

The 'stewards' aren't regulars. They turn up for the big games, and are actually security officers, from the surrounding areas. They're always heavy handed and shouldn't be allowed to 'steward' football matches.

The 'stewards' aren't regulars. They turn up for the big games, and are actually security officers, from the surrounding areas. They're always heavy handed and shouldn't be allowed to 'steward' football matches.

The boys from Dartmoor doing a bit on the side? :)

had some knob ask me what the score was at the end, just asked him what his problem was. Then his son pipes up we will see you next year. To which he got I very much doubt it

Back
Top Bottom