Ex Blades still living in the local area

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade1771

Reaction score
Following on from the Brian Gayle thread, and he was a southerner who moved up here when he signed for the club and stayed in the area, who else did it, I can think of quite a few.

Tony Currie out in the Worksop Area
Keith Edwards at Norton
Kevin Gage, a well known publican in Dronfield
Carl Asaba
George Santos, think he lives somewhere up at Intake
Paul Beesley, another one at Dronfield
Tom Cowan, a fireman at Parkway
Simon Tracey
Charlie Hartfield, stayed in the area but sadly now resident at HMP after getting in to a spot of bother

Any others?

Pretty sure Vinnie Jones still lives next door to my Grandad in Stannington.

Following on from the Brian Gayle thread, and he was a southerner who moved up here when he signed for the club and stayed in the area, who else did it, I can think of quite a few.

Keith Edwards at Norton
Carl Asaba
Simon Tracey
Charlie Hartfield, stayed in the area but sadly now resident at HMP after getting in to a spot of bother

Any others?
I didn't know that about Hartfield.
Just looked it up now.
9 years for "conspiracy to supply cannabis" seems a bit harsh!

Any others?

As an aside, if I had to choose a player from our recent-ish past who might get into trouble with the law, he'd probably be quite high up on the list.

Any others who you wouldn't be surprised if they fell foul of the law?

• Banned
As an aside, if I had to choose a player from our recent-ish past who might get into trouble with the law, he'd probably be quite high up on the list.

Any others who you wouldn't be surprised if they fell foul of the law?

Che Adams or Diego De Girolamo

Warnocks still got a house in Sheffield apparently

Rob Page used to live at Totley until recently, not sure if it is still the case.

Always thought Currie lived at Killamarsh, saw him a few times around that area. Unless he's family there.

David Holdsworth out Totley way. Peter Duffield still here. Derek French.

Always thought Currie lived at Killamarsh, saw him a few times around that area. Unless he's family there.

Certainly used to years ago. Not sure if still does. The misspelt convenience store will miss him ;)

Might have changed now mate tbf. Near where Bull & Badger used to be. It was the old Co-op. Rai's. Had a big sign up for years with convenience misspelt.

Yeah, the shop is still there :).

Who's the 'Whyte' bloke that appears to be building a property empire in Killamarsh?

Keith Edwards at Norton
Carl Asaba
Simon Tracey

Any others?

I think Agana still lives locally. He works locally anyway. Top man too when I met him by total fluke! I just looked at him as he walked past and said to my colleague - That's Tony Agana! I then rushed over to him, shook his hand and told him he was a legend! A big smile came on his face and he seemed really chuffed and we had a brief chat.

It wasn't just cannabis, there were also Class A's involved, and it was an absolute shitload.

I read that about Charlie - no pun intended - and was really sad to hear he had gone down. I met him once by fluke - sounds like the Agana story I put earlier - and again he was happy to talk etc - then Gus Uhlenbeek turned up at the same school and I got him to sign a program for me! He was exactly what you'd think he would be like! Laughed a lot, very friendly and polite. I was doing a survey there but he was picking up his kids.

Yeah, the shop is still there :).

Who's the 'Whyte' bloke that appears to be building a property empire in Killamarsh?

Jez. Don't know him personally but do know plenty who do.

He certainly divides opinion. I still own property in Killamarsh but haven't lived there for over a decade. Spent the first 33 years of my life there.

From what I can gather these days it seems like a competition between JW and Mark Hewitt to own the place. Both have plenty of support but also lots of cynicism towards them too.

I know more about one than the other and have mixed views on both.

Parents moved there in 1999 from Wessy, really quiet where they live.

Haven't lived there since 2005 but having no property in the UK myself, it's my adopted home when I do come back for matchdays.

I think Agana still lives locally. He works locally anyway. Top man too when I met him by total fluke! I just looked at him as he walked past and said to my colleague - That's Tony Agana! I then rushed over to him, shook his hand and told him he was a legend! A big smile came on his face and he seemed really chuffed and we had a brief chat.

Last I heard, TA lived near the Brecks in Rotherham

Jez. Don't know him personally but do know plenty who do.

He certainly divides opinion. I still own property in Killamarsh but haven't lived there for over a decade. Spent the first 33 years of my life there.

From what I can gather these days it seems like a competition between JW and Mark Hewitt to own the place. Both have plenty of support but also lots of cynicism towards them too.

I know more about one than the other and have mixed views on both.

Originally from out Stannington way I believe.

Michael Brown doesn't - ran into him in Alderly Edge toward the end of last season.

Back
Top Bottom