Everton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They also have the cheek to Appeal. I know the Nottingham Forest technical breach was bigger but Everton feel more egregious (to me anyway) at this point in time.

PL should 100% appeal this.

The EFL had no compunction and Derby are big hitters relative to the level arguably, no compunction going after them drastically. Embargoes, challenging the legitimacy of the Audited Accounts and winning (Amortisation), no worry about a lengthy legal battle.

They even Appealed a technical breach ie Birmingham in 2020 the EFL did and got what they were after ie to make a Business Plan binding on Appeal.

Random point deduction generator getting some hammer now.
Presumably it will be reduced to 1 in due course
It's similar to the "random interpretation of rules generator" that differs from one week to the next on the field.
Totally unsurprised by the shambolic (or is it ?) application of rules, laws and regulations in today's football.

“However, the commission accepted Everton's arguments for mitigation in relation to the fact the club has:

• Already been deducted points this season”
Yes. For an earlier breach/wrongdoing. Why should being found guilty on an earlier charge and having a deduction for that allow for mitigation?

“However, the commission accepted Everton's arguments for mitigation in relation to the fact the club has:

Yes. For an earlier breach/wrongdoing. Why should being found guilty on an earlier charge and having a deduction for that allow for mitigation?

Guy gets caught drug trafficking = 7years imprisonment.
Whilst in jail, they realise he was Human Trafficking too.

"Yeah, but he's already been naughty, so don't give him 14years for that. Just give him a couple on top"

The appetite of the footballing authorities for enforcing the current iteration of the PSR is all but exhausted. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last points deduction they ever hand out.

Because two wrongs doesnt make another wrong. (PL rule book Section 8RW page 184)

The appetite of the footballing authorities for enforcing the current iteration of the PSR is all but exhausted. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last points deduction they ever hand out.
Not sure about that, the EFL are quite keen to nail Leicester I believe.

The fact they slapped an Embargo on them despite losing a case over jurisdiction is a different level of belligerence to the PL entirely.

An Everton supporting mate of mine is enraged at today's news. He thinks the Premier League are corrupt as fuck for docking them too many points!!! 🤔 Funny how people's opinions differ isn't it?
Was about to message same thing. Everton fans are convinced that the Premier league have a vendetta against them, and want rid. You would have to think that they are doing a bad job of it if that’s the case.
I have no axe to grind with Everton, always viewed them as the Merseyside equivalent of us, and Liverpool as the deluded entitled half of the city. Of course Liverpool do have recent success to back up their arrogance, unlike our neighbours.

The fact the EFL release a Report as the run in was entered which contained an element about Leicester being forecast to breach (thereby alerting potential buyers) again a different level entirely. P&S submissions in-season are confidential iirc.

Are they kind of laying the groundwork for a possible man city points deduction? "We only took 8 pts off Everton for x amount of breaches and 2 off Forest so therefore it's only 'a few points ' for city

Guy gets caught drug trafficking = 7years imprisonment.
Whilst in jail, they realise he was Human Trafficking too.

"Yeah, but he's already been naughty, so don't give him 14years for that. Just give him a couple on top"
And also take 4 years off his original sentence before adding those couple of years on for the Trafficking. It’s only fair.

in any other business everything is transparent, so that punishments for various offences are published. this however does not suit the premier league and its members as they cannot “fiddle“ the punishments to suit.
what with this and VAR the promised land of the premier league is no longer attractive, we should look forward to playing real football in the championship and try to gain promotion then refuse the promotion as our fans do not want it

Doesn't concern us in the slightest anyway, unless you're one of those Blades that believe the EPL wish to keep Everton in the competition at all costs.

Forest fan on the Everton forum: We need to do something.
Yes, stop cheating.

I heard that they appealed and were given a secret bonus 6 points which they can choose to have added on at any time over the next 20 seasons, like a get out of jail free card. That way if they are in a relegation place at the end of the season, they can play it and escape at the death thus sending someone down who isn’t in the good lads club.

Yes, but think about the fans..

If anyone doesn’t think that corruption and/or incompetence isn’t rife at the highest level (or any level in my experience)…

Back
Top Bottom