Everton and Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well, Koeman is gone and Wilder is 33/1 :D

edit: Can't wait for pigs to suggest Koeman

Can't see Everton coming in for Mr Wilder - they'll want someone with Premiership/overseas top flight on their CV. So I'll stick my coins on Utd to go up instead at about 3/1.
Can you imagine how quickly Koeman would get through the fish-monger's money though? I mean Carlos has had a go but Koeman has real pedigree in spending big money & getting nowhere. And he's a twat too - he'd fit right into S6.:cool:
And maybe someone should tell Carlos the bookies don't agree with his certainty about piggies going up. They're 14/1 on odds-checker - so they're twice as likely to go up as Mr Wilder going to Everton? Right - well we all know how likely that is then, don't we boys & girls !!!! :D
TBH - can't see Mr Wilder going anywhere even in the merry-go-round that might follow Koeman's departure. He wants to get his beloved Blades to the Premier League himself. And he's doing a damn fine job of things, thank you very much.

I listened to Talksport Radio.
They were (yet again) talking about why Chris Wilder isn’t in the frame for vacant PL jobs.

Said he must have the best win record in England over the last 3 years.

On of the presenters Bob Mills said, to be honest why would Wilder leave SU, his boyhood club when he has such a great chance of promotion this season”.

He said “Even if approached I can’t see Wilder going anywhere”.

Wilder gets to build his reputation at a club where the fans love him. I think for at least the next 18 months he'll stick around. After that it'll just depend in circumstance and personal ambition

It's a pointless job. No manager will surpass what Dyche has done, you're on a hiding to nothing.

Same as anyone coming in to replace Wilder if he left. We'd be playing Burnley two years down the road in League 1.

I listened to Talksport Radio.
They were (yet again) talking about why Chris Wilder isn’t in the frame for vacant PL jobs.

Said he must have the best win record in England over the last 3 years.

On of the presenters Bob Mills said, to be honest why would Wilder leave SU, his boyhood club when he has such a great chance of promotion this season”.

He said “Even if approached I can’t see Wilder going anywhere”.
TalkSport Radio need to shut the fuck up and stop giving people ideas!!

At least Bob Mills has some sense.

he's a twat too - he'd fit right into S6.

They couldn't cope with a manager who didn't proclaim his 'love for the massive'.

Part of Koeman's problem is that he never pretended that EFC was his dream job and has always been clear he wants to end up at Barcelona. It was very 'business like' last year, so he has little credit built up with the fans when things suddenly turned pear shaped.

Knowing how much Wendy want to be loved, they be mortified if he just came in 'to do a job' and didn't big up the whole 'massive club' bollocks.

Agreed he is a miserable twat though and I'd go all Kevin Keegan if he got the job.

TalkSport Radio need to shut the fuck up and stop giving people ideas!!

At least Bob Mills has some sense.

Correct mate......they've needed a top quality forward, they don't come cheap even if they're available, so Wilder would struggle to attract the type of player they need. The same problems would exist so he'd find his back against the wall and possibly his P45 looming....not the type of scenario I'd associate with Chris. He sold DCL so can't imagine he'd see him as a first, even second choice.

Chris can achieve great things at t'Lane given time and backing...hope he understands that he can make the step up with the Blades, and once there? Well great times ahead. UTMB

Rio fucking Ferdinand :rolleyes: Does anybody really listen to what that self publicising piece of dogshit ever has to say ? Hes black btw incase nobody knew ,and still grieving his wife while shagging y list reality TV stars ,and still hasn't turned up for his drug test. Fucking arsewipe.

The only scenario in the near future which could prompt CW to leave of his own free will, in my opinion, is if he gets screwed by the board.
i.e. Not delivering on promises of funds for recruitment (not like he's spent much so far anyway) and interference in team affairs... having players sold (you know who) from under him.
I imagine CW isn't exactly living on the breadline & is being paying rather well for his success (if not, then the owners need to make it so, and pronto as he's our most valuable asset).
As a lifelong Blade, if you or I were doing what he's doing now for the club he loves as much as we do would you walk away for a few extra quid ? All the years when we've been as ropey as we have been & you alone have the potential to do something about it ?
I know I wouldn't. If personal wealth (being financially set for life) isn't an issue then what better than achieving professional success with your boyhood team where so many others have failed.

I could go on but me & Alan have a road trip tonight to take in a match & watch a couple of players ;)

They couldn't cope with a manager who didn't proclaim his 'love for the massive'.

Part of Koeman's problem is that he never pretended that EFC was his dream job and has always been clear he wants to end up at Barcelona. It was very 'business like' last year, so he has little credit built up with the fans when things suddenly turned pear shaped.

Knowing how much Wendy want to be loved, they be mortified if he just came in 'to do a job' and didn't big up the whole 'massive club' bollocks.

Agreed he is a miserable twat though and I'd go all Kevin Keegan if he got the job.

Wadya mean you'd go all Kevin Keegan? Thought you'd already evolved from Kev into something far more primal ;)

Rio fucking Ferdinand :rolleyes: Does anybody really listen to what that self publicising piece of dogshit ever has to say ? Hes black btw incase nobody knew ,and still grieving his wife while shagging y list reality TV stars ,and still hasn't turned up for his drug test. Fucking arsewipe.

Not a fan then Sitters?

Who'd have thought it?
Me, having a 'sub text'.
Wow!

Yes, it's possible to have a sub-text, sometimes even unintentionally.

A 'ganrler' you say? Hmmmmm

A gnarler even...no probs with a bit of bite, as long as it's supported by good intentions and the knowledge that you'd kidnap Wilder if it seemed he'd move elsewhere.

Sorry about that.
Some of my best friends are beer.

I'm sure your mates are frothy and lovely, and if they never fib and realise that there's really only one club in Sheffield worth supporting, then they'll back you all the way!

Stopped reading pretty much straight away.

As far as I remember they weren't teammates at SUFC? I'm sure someone would love to correct me though :)

What I find annoying about the article is that Saunders talks about Leicester as if that would presumably be a good move for Wilder or that Leicester are a step up in club? They are a step up in terms of league, but I don't think, even with them winning the premier league, that Leicester are bigger than us. He'd have a bigger budget there, but never the same rapport with the fans that he does here. Anyway, I'm not worried about him going there, its Burnley fans who should be worried!

Wilder gets to build his reputation at a club where the fans love him. I think for at least the next 18 months he'll stick around. After that it'll just depend in circumstance and personal ambition

or if he wants to be the next Jimmy Hagan.

Long time servent with his club and sucess in Europe.

I wouldn't rule anything out to be honest, it all depends on Wilder's career goals. If he wants to some day be managing in the Champion's League and winning major trophies then at the age of 50 he would need to be looking to get into the Premier League sooner rather than later.

What I do find amusing is how some people seem to think that if Wilder got the Burnley/Leicester/Everton job he would be sacked within a year. If Wilder was to leave, there is no doubt in my mind he would be a success.

Nothing guarantees Wilder will be a success at Leicester. Wilder is living his dream of managing the team he loves. He isn't going anywhere. Not this season anyway.

Took the thoughts right out my head :)

Back
Top Bottom