Everton and Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Everton fans don't even want the likes of DCL, I think they'll think the same regards Wilder, another set of fans who are above their station recently.

can't see it mi sen. If they accept they are in a relegation battle they will want someone proven - Allardyce? If they are looking up they will want a proven manager - Ancelotti? Much as CW is a god to us, his CV is no where near the requirements for either of those.
not making light of his achievements so far but he still unproven in many areas for the prem - spending multi million £'s, dealing with ego's, battling relegation, getting through a bad patch (opening 4 games of last season aside)
for now we are safe, my concern will come if we don't go up and someone like palace come down.

Agreed, strange you mention Howe and Dyche, because Wilder seems the hybrid version of them both demonstrating all the good points that have taken them both so far. In terms of young, driven and talented, English managers he will soon be spoken about in the same way as them. Not too soon hopefully.
Chris isn't young.

Wilder is a Blade and is going nowhere to anyone anytime soon. Z cars or Kasabian?

As someone who holds a grudge for longer than I should I can't wait for this helmet to get sacked. The interview he made saying it doesn't matter if it's Manchester or Sheffield United who they're playing (after they beat Man U 4-0 in 94) has always stuck with me. Clough nearly gave closure when he stuck it up him, but this would let me move on with my life.

He wont go. But out first test as a club since the Wilder era in terms of potential unrest/unsettledness this unwanted attention may cause...

Rio can piss off.

Can't see Wilder leaving for Burnley to be honest if Dyche leaves. I'm relaxed about the situation. I reckon Everton will go foreign, Leicester will too or Chris Coleman and I think we won't even need to worry. But, if either Leicester or Burnley come knocking our way, I'm confident we'd be ok, less so Everton, but they won't go for Wilder.

I can’t see Wilder leaving even if Everton came knocking. We are flying at the minute and both Wilder and his staff have a great opportunity to create something that will go down in Blades history.

I think there’s only Everton that could tempt him, they are a seriously big club.

As already said, the others I’m not worried about and to be honest I can’t see Everton wanting him.

Everton won’t go for him. I imagine they will go for Ancelotti or Thomas Tuchel.

If they do choose to go English then Dyche will be the one they go for as he is proven in the PL. If so, then the only reason Wilder would go to Burnley is if he is motivated by money which doesn’t seem likely. The way we are going we are heading for the Premier League under Wilder, and when at that level we are a far bigger club than Burnley so really don’t see the attraction for him.

Everton won’t go for him. I imagine they will go for Ancelotti or Thomas Tuchel.

If they do choose to go English then Dyche will be the one they go for as he is proven in the PL. If so, then the only reason Wilder would go to Burnley is if he is motivated by money which doesn’t seem likely. The way we are going we are heading for the Premier League under Wilder, and when at that level we are a far bigger club than Burnley so really don’t see the attraction for him.

If CW felt he'd taken us as far as he could, I might be more inclined to think he'd go to Burnley. But to be honest, with the situation we are in, if I was him I'd be thinking there's more to come yet, that Burnley would be a bit of a sideways move.

I'd be more worried if Everton came in for him, but I don't think they will.

It's a pointless job. No manager will surpass what Dyche has done, you're on a hiding to nothing.

Back
Top Bottom