CONFIRMED Ethan Ampadu

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

See alot of fans rate Ethan and want him back next season, but I don't see what others do? He's not even big or strong enough to be a CB and he's never nailed down a position. Dont think he's the worst player we have but I'd rather a decent player from the championship tbh.

Can't see him making it at Chelsea were as Gallagher he might do.

See alot of fans rate Ethan and want him back next season, but I don't see what others do? He's not even big or strong enough to be a CB and he's never nailed down a position. Dont think he's the worst player we have but I'd rather a decent player from the championship tbh.

He'd be a lovely replacement for Basham eventually.

But I doubt we can afford him.

He's definitely not a midfielder from what I've seen. He also doesn't look commanding enough to be a central defender in a 4 man defence.
His perfect role would be RCB.

Please no.

I’ve knocked him pretty heavily earlier in the season but he’s certainly improved of late. I think he’s a young player making his mistakes with us unfortunately. He’s certainly got lots of technical ability but I’m not sure what he is as a player and I don’t think he knows either yet. He could find a role for himself and it will suddenly click or he’ll always be a frustrating nearly player where you can see there’s a player in there but it never comes to fruition. As for signing him permanently at the price Chelsea would ask we can’t afford it.

i think chelsea will want him to go to a premier league club on loan possibly one of the 3 promoted clubs or maybe somewhere like brighton or southampton i dont see him coming back here

Has anyone seen Ashton Hall play for U23s, I know he went out on loan to Guiseley and he played some minutes last year in a league game (Conference North) that was streamed live on YouTube and looked comfortable on the ball. To say he is only 19 he is 6ft 3 could do with a bit more bulk potentially but that will come, it would be good for someone like that to get some game time although I can't see it at the minute in the current formation.

I like him tbh and think he would blossom in the Championship. I totally agree he gets bullied too easily, especially from set pieces, which is why I see him at the base of the midfield in the space Berge will vacate when he moves on. He looks comfortable on the ball, happy to receive it in tight areas and is starting to become familiar with the idea of getting forward for the overload.

Until/unless he gets stronger though, he's not a last-line-of-defence CB for me.

He's definitely not a midfielder from what I've seen. He also doesn't look commanding enough to be a central defender in a 4 man defence.
Not tall enough.

Not strong enough, not tall enough, not good enough, bottom half championship will be his level trust me. Also his attitude is very similar to that of Lundstram they are just playing the season out before going elsewhere both think they are better than they are both have no commitment to SUFC neither give a fuck.

Ampadu might become a genuinely good player - his all round ability is obvious. But for now he’s neither a quality defender or a quality midfielder. That’s a problem for the here and now.

How many players could we have from Chelsea next season if we are in the Championship? tbh i would love both Ampadu and Clarke-Salter on loan who would occupy the backup LCB/RCB slots, I bet this would sway Chelsea too, having two of their players playing together on the regs

Weirdly I thought he looked much better after we switched to four at the back, which I think is how Wales set up.

His defensive game appears to be more around preventative action than reaction. He does a lot of intercepting and reading of attacks that fans don't seem to notice. One example was second half he read a through ball, stepped in and intercepted, then played a quick one two and pinged a perfectly weighted long ball over the top for Burke to inevitably cock up. He does lots of things like this in a game. But I think Blades fans just expect our defenders to be all blood and thunder, which he certainly isn't.

He's also still just 20 years old. Mistakes are inevitable. But he still does good things in games which is more than can be said for some of the senior pros like Stevens and Lundstram at the moment.

Weirdly I thought he looked much better after we switched to four at the back, which I think is how Wales set up.

His defensive game appears to be more around preventative action than reaction. He does a lot of intercepting and reading of attacks that fans don't seem to notice. One example was second half he read a through ball, stepped in and intercepted, then played a quick one two and pinged a perfectly weighted long ball over the top for Burke to inevitably cock up. He does lots of things like this in a game. But I think Blades fans just expect our defenders to be all blood and thunder, which he certainly isn't.

He's also still just 20 years old. Mistakes are inevitable. But he still does good things in games which is more than can be said for some of the senior pros like Stevens and Lundstram at the moment.
yes i thought that when we went to a back 4 him and bryan looked comfortable know liverpool stepped off the gas but thought they both played well as for bryan ive changed my mind with him didnt rate him much but i think he will be a useful squad member at championship level

Not strong enough, not tall enough, not good enough, bottom half championship will be his level trust me. Also his attitude is very similar to that of Lundstram they are just playing the season out before going elsewhere both think they are better than they are both have no commitment to SUFC neither give a fuck.

Can't decide which out of these comments I disagree with the most! It's definitely all of them. We'd be incredibly lucky to have him next year. There's no chance we will.

The pettiness on this, not that I want reminding of his time here, mind...

Back
Top Bottom