Errea....new kit supplier?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thoughts on the kit?

• Total voters

To be honest I laugh when people talk about a cost of living crisis. I work in the automotive industry and one of the clients we work with can't build enough circa 100k cars quick enough, and they've got waiting customers.

It's like everything, for some people the cost of energy and petrol increasing will tip them into poverty/difficulty, yet for some it will just mean a little less disposable income but no noticeable impact on lifestyle.
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I don't know anyone who would drop 100k on a car personally but obviously there is a %age of the population who have more than they can spend in a hundred lifetimes

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I don't know anyone who would drop 100k on a car personally but obviously there is a %age of the population who have more than they can spend in a hundred lifetimes
The client we are working with has a backlog of orders in 6 figures for a circa 100k car.

Of course there's people who can lay down that cash, but my mind boggles when I think of "normal" people potentially shelling out, i don't know, say 1500 quid a month on leasing a motor.

The client we are working with has a backlog of orders in 6 figures for a circa 100k car.

Of course there's people who can lay down that cash, but my mind boggles when I think of "normal" people potentially shelling out, i don't know, say 1500 quid a month on leasing a motor.
You ever heard of social inequality ?

Its the highest its ever been ,look it up

Of course I wasn't born yesterday, but still astounds me how many people are willing to spend that much dough on a car.

It's not about affordability or not, it's would you do it.
It's all relative though isn't it.

If you live in a £500k+ house, a £100k car is a 5th of that value.
It's quite common to see a £40k car on a £200k house driveway.

What I don't get is when you seen them outside lower value homes. There's a car near me, couple of years old and worth £80k.
It parks on the street outside maybe a £160k house. Imagine having a car like that and not even having a driveway for it.

I assume the club tweet of 96/97 shirt was confirmation to not having any pinstripes on new strip

The club tweeted that because they're selling a replica of it. Seems unlikely that they'd start selling that if the proper shirt was also going to be plain red and white stripes with no black bits.

It's all relative though isn't it.

If you live in a £500k+ house, a £100k car is a 5th of that value.
It's quite common to see a £40k car on a £200k house driveway.

What I don't get is when you seen them outside lower value homes. There's a car near me, couple of years old and worth £80k.
It parks on the street outside maybe a £160k house. Imagine having a car like that and not even having a driveway for it.
There's a 50k souped up Merc that parks on the road near me outside a council house. What does that mean? Ah yes, he's probably a coke dealer 🤣

To be honest I laugh when people talk about a cost of living crisis. I work in the automotive industry and one of the clients we work with can't build enough circa 100k cars quick enough, and they've got waiting customers.

It's like everything, for some people the cost of energy and petrol increasing will tip them into poverty/difficulty, yet for some it will just mean a little less disposable income but no noticeable impact on lifestyle.

I wouldn't say it makes me laugh but the whole cost of living crisis is blown way out of proportion just like everything else by the media.

I remember the big credit crunch and cost of living crisis years ago. Media all over it like a rash, country on it's knee's etc etc and yet you went to The Centertainment near Meadowhall and had to drive round for about 10 minutes just to find a parking space as the cinema and all the restaurants were all packed out.

Back
Top Bottom