Enda Stevens

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd rather see Lowe get a few starts and see if he can actually get better, Stevens is done as you say. Why we keep trying him as a centre back goodness only knows when PH had 2 international centre backs sat on the bench
Don’t forget Osborn can play that position as well.

Don’t forget Osborn can play that position as well.

If we make a couple of quality midfield signings then Osborn for me should move in front of Stevens as first choice LWB.

Currently we need his energy and athleticism in midfield despite his technical flaws.

If we make a couple of quality midfield signings then Osborn for me should move in front of Stevens as first choice LWB.

Currently we need his energy and athleticism in midfield despite his technical flaws.
yeah i agree think osborn is a far better option at lwb than midfield

Republic of Ireland missed out on the Euros, so it is a good time to start looking at younger player for the future of the squad. But when they start playing competitive matches, I'd expect them to bring back a lot of the more experienced players with the best of the young 'uns, so it may not be the end for Enda

The demise of Enda Stevens at club and country level is, categorically, wide of the mark.

A terrific pro who possesses high technical ability and intelligence others will never have.

Fleck same.

I wouldn’t write them off !!!

UTB
Yea give them both a five year contract

The demise of Enda Stevens at club and country level is, categorically, wide of the mark.

A terrific pro who possesses high technical ability and intelligence others will never have.

Fleck same.

UTB
Yes its the enda Stevens

All they need is a night out up west street without covid restrictions, they'll be fine after that.

Fleck same.

UTB
Hope your right, Dronnie. Fleck and Norwood were also poor but at least showed the occasional fleeting glimpse of form. I’m struggling to think of a decent game Stevens had last season. His slump in form has now lasted 15 months, so I don’t think he can have any complaints about losing his place in the ROI squad, there would be something wrong if he hadn’t.

I’m not writing him off, hopefully the summer off, the challenge of a new manager and the lower quality of opposition will see him return to the form of 2020/19 and before.

Hope your right, Dronnie. Fleck and Norwood were also poor but at least showed the occasional fleeting glimpse of form. I’m struggling to think of a decent game Stevens had last season. His slump in form has now lasted 15 months, so I don’t think he can have any complaints about losing his place in the ROI squad, there would be something wrong if he hadn’t.

I’m not writing him off, hopefully the summer off, the challenge of a new manager and the lower quality of opposition will see him return to the form of 2020/19 and before.
I will be.

Standard 😀👀.

UTB

Great player and pro, and he loves UTD, he’ll be. Massive asset for us next year, he’s markedly better than in our promotion year, he’s been playing against world class players week in week out, so it will be great to see how he performs against lesser players.

I think it’s a bit unfair to judge these players on a season and a half with no fans.

let’s see how they get on this season.

Thought he played really well in the last 3 games

Don't think we can judge any player on last season really, it looked to me like a team burn out after the 110% effort most had put in the two seasons before.

We can, and I will: most of them were shite. Nothing to do with burnout (unless our conditioning coaches really have gone that crap), and everything to do with them being unable to sustain momentum and form. I think a lot of them were playing above what might be their natural best (if there is such a thing), so it’s probably understandable to a degree… but it’s still on them and the coaches.

Stevens was good in two of the last three games. He was a 2/10 at best this season, but hopefully that brief flash of form at the end means that he (and hopefully others) haven’t completely gone.

Even Liverpool had a bad (for them) season after sweeping all before them the season before. and we have no where near the back up they have.
People tend to forget that even footballers are human.......

I believe that Ends can get back to his best form next season. He proved that he was able to not only defend competently but also attack and completely outclass Premership defenders in the first PL season.
Under a new regime he has a clean slate, as do many of the other underperformers.
I think he'll make the most of that chance.

I believe that Ends can get back to his best form next season. He proved that he was able to not only defend competently but also attack and completely outclass Premership defenders in the first PL season.
Under a new regime he has a clean slate, as do many of the other underperformers.
I think he'll make the most of that chance.
yes he showed signs of being back to his best in those last 3 games just not sure he will have the pace to play in slavs 343 formation i actually think he would be good enough at championship level to play lcb know he struggled there in prem for us but he wont be facing international class strikers at this lower level

Fleck same.

UTB
Imo flecks loss of form is far less of a concern. There has still been periods in games where he has played well. End on the other hand, has been consistently awful. In all my years I can't recall a player going from hero to zero in such a drastic fashion.
Has anyone seen or heard any explanation? Is there something we don't know? The only other player to possibly compare would be kieran Freeman. I can't imagine how much he would have been worth after his brilliant goal scoring season, now just drifting on loan from club to club.

Is it fair to say both of these players lost form drastically under CW?

To say he was dire last season is being kind and generous. Enda averaged 4.5/10 last season using the match ratings system on here. The average player mark was 5.5/10 and Enda was only just a bit better than Lunny's awful turdlike performance scores. It's a scandal that Enda played so many games.
Enda owes the club and the fans massively, particularly as the club gave him a massive new contract, if he can't repay us quickly and in large amounts I would get shut. If we do get promoted (a big if of course) then he will be a year older, less dynamic and need replacing anyway.
We have RND who needs to be playing at this stage in his career, so probably easier to try and move Enda on.

To say he was dire last season is being kind and generous. Enda averaged 4.5/10 last season using the match ratings system on here. The average player mark was 5.5/10 and Enda was only just a bit better than Lunny's awful turdlike performance scores. It's a scandal that Enda played so many games.
Enda owes the club and the fans massively, particularly as the club gave him a massive new contract, if he can't repay us quickly and in large amounts I would get shut. If we do get promoted (a big if of course) then he will be a year older, less dynamic and need replacing anyway.
We have RND who needs to be playing at this stage in his career, so probably easier to try and move Enda on.

I believe he has one year left?

I suspect we wouldn't be able to sell him for actual money so I see no reason to get rid. I'd start RND and have him as back-up. Sell Lowe. If we're playing wingbacks.

Ah why not bring Lunny back and give all last years squad five year contracts guarantee Didsy a gold watch see you at Bromley in year five
Why do you think Bromley will make the Premiership in five years ?

Oh Enda Stevens goes down the wing for….
Sheffield United
Sheffield United
Sheffield United
Sheffield United

He's been diabolical since lockdown. Lost all of his confidence & suddenly looks physically weak and slow. An unbelievable turnaround from being one of the PLs best left backs for 9 months. I really hope he can get back to form because he seems a top lad

Back
Top Bottom