Enda Stevens

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladesMadGreeny

Reaction score
For me he’s had the biggest drop-off in form since the restart last season out of our first-choice starting 11. Countless errors leading directly to goals going back as far as the horror show against Newcastle.

For the 1st goal today he lost possession so easily then half-jogged back with the most minimal of effort.

RND can make the position his own next season at this rate

He is done and we have better players that can play LB.
I'd rather see Lowe get a few starts and see if he can actually get better, Stevens is done as you say. Why we keep trying him as a centre back goodness only knows when PH had 2 international centre backs sat on the bench

His legs seem to have gone as has his confidence. He now idles on the ball all the time and gives it away game after game.

He reminds me of Hammond tbh.

He’s looked slow and unfit ever since restart last season. Never seen a players form drop as much as this! Sad to see as others have said he was magnificent for us

This thread is just sad. Enda is like the personification of the trajectory of United over the last 2 years. Superb to the point of being laughably good to unrecognisably poor. For a season and a half he was astoundingly good for us and an absolute joy to watch (the nutmegs being the cherry on top). There’s a part of me hoping that player’s still there and maybe a reunion with JOC can unlock a return to form, but I fear that player may have gone.

What bemuses me is that I can’t remember his last good game and yet he started again today. It didn’t help him, it didn’t help us and there were other options, so why pick him?!

As Wilder said many times but only on occasion stood by... there is "No room for sentiment in football". I know they have given us so many good times but as I have said in prior threads I wouldn't be bothered if many (90% or more) of the squad were paid off/sold to enable the creation of a entirely new culture and attitude at the club. ⚔️

Stevens main choice LB next season? RND hopefully is. We need to clear some out.

Stevens
RND
Lowe
Robinson
Bryan
Osborn

Stevens main choice LB next season? RND hopefully is. We need to clear some out.

Stevens
RND
Lowe
Robinson
Bryan
Osborn
And therein lies our problem. Wilder has collected a group of average players and very few quality ones. Who in their right mind signs so many replacement left backs...all of a similar quality ?

3 of em were from Foresr ffs!!!

I have a feeling its going to be slow going till next season.

A few poignant excerpts.

"It looks to me like they’ve just assumed that everything would pick up where it left off the last couple of seasons and it hasn’t.

"It just feels as though it’s all gone a little bit beyond them, and probably they haven’t worked as hard on their football as they think they have."

"There are some players there that are content with what they are doing and think that’s good enough, or it’s feeling as though it’s getting a little bit beyond them."

"I don’t believe you ever lose your talent – the attention to detail is just not there.

"What I see is a sense of frustration that their attack is not scoring points, and that is eating into their discipline and resolve in defence. I don’t see anything dangerous about their football, which tends to make me think they haven’t worked hard enough on it and they just assumed what they did in previous years would be good enough.

At the beginning of last season there was a video of him playing and he was flicking the ball through someone’s legs I’ve looked for it again but can’t find it but he was on top of his game he’s just fallen off a cliff now.

For me he’s had the biggest drop-off in form since the restart last season out of our first-choice starting 11. Countless errors leading directly to goals going back as far as the horror show against Newcastle.

For the 1st goal today he lost possession so easily then half-jogged back with the most minimal of effort.

RND can make the position his own next season at this rate
It has to be his twin sister Edna.

Back
Top Bottom