Elephant in the room..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom promoted to head coach,so he will have done Barnsley,Leeds,Sheffield United,have i missed any.

Unless PA has something spectacular up his sleeve, we've basically got to go for a British manager.

Due to Brexit, foreign managers can only be appointed IF...

1) They have worked in one of Europe's Top Five leagues for the last two years consecutively

or

2) They have worked in one of Europe's top leagues for 3 out of the last 5 seasons.

I can't see anyone leaving Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1 or the Premier to have a pop at getting us back up.

Under the new rules there would be no Bielsa, no Solskjaer, no Farke, no Espirito Santo.

It wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't just sacked the best British manager in the game.

Bleak.

Really shrewd and observant OP, mate.

The infrastructure of the club cannot compete at the PL level yet, it needs to be built. Wilder's excellence on the while, bar this year's shitshow, has absolutely papered over those cracks.

There is no way a Lennon, Heckinbottom or any other such name does anywhere near as good a job.

Really shrewd and observant OP, mate.

The infrastructure of the club cannot compete at the PL level yet, it needs to be built. Wilder's excellence on the while, bar this year's shitshow, has absolutely papered over those cracks.

There is no way a Lennon, Heckinbottom or any other such name does anywhere near as good a job.
Thanks mate, wanted to try and inject a bit of normality back in to the situation.

I had real confidence that PA and CW had a big plan for the next 5 years, including a few yoyo seasons, with a gradual plan to build the club back up.

I still think PA has that vision, but I think he couldn't have hindered it any further than he has done by not convincing CW to stay

As I understand it they could have been assistant managers in those leagues and now be able to come to the UK as manager or head coach
This is true! Its as long as they have been working in one of Europe's top 5 leagues...

I'm not sure whether that means the catering staff count, but assistants definitely seem to!

So technically, JVW would count at the end of this season 😕

What about Alan Knill in all this? Does he go too....is he included . Caretaker Knill till end of season with Jags as back up....who knows.

And when has Carlo Ancelotti, Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola said that Moyes, Rodgers, Dyche or Smith are on a par with them?

As they all have with Wilder.

Pep yesterday...

"If Chris Wilder was manager of Manchester City and I was manager of Sheffield United then he would win the league and I would be fighting relegation."

But why listen to the opinion of the best manager in the world when we have wak1889!
so basically what pep is saying is that if a professional football manager was given the largest budget in the league and had the best players in the league he would win the league and if a professional manager had the worst team and the lowest budget they would struggle - well Jesus I never would have thought that ,

The best British manager in the game !!!! Come on let's have some perspective , how many seasons has he managed In the top flight ? 2 and for over 50% of that had been absolutely abysmal , let's compare to other British managers like

Moyes - fantastic job at Everton, doing a great job at West ham, wasn't so good at man u but wasnt given that job because he's shit was he

Brendan Rodgers - managed, Liverpool and Celtic, and is currently doing brilliantly at Leicester

Sean dyche - performing miracles at Burnley every season

Dean Smith - did great at Brentford, got the move to his boyhood club , took them over when they were at a low ebb , got promoted in his first season, kept them up in his second, pushing for Europe in his third so 3 seasons of almost constant success (sound familiar)

But let's just keep the rose tinted glasses on because wilder played for us and he won league 5 seasons ago so is the best manager Britain have ever produced or likely ever will
Dave Bassett did better than Chris here anyway.

I thought for a minute you had spied my wife in my lounge

Brexit was an act of collective self harm of monumentally stupid proportions. You make a good point, but there is enough to divide the fan base today without bringing it back up.
Don’t be so pathetic Brexit will be fantastic for the UK and that’s why we voted for it in our millions, but let’s not get political hey, the actual brexit point is well worth knowing and taking into consideration.

I was thinking about that last night, losing a legend.

If Billy leaves following this, it really will feel like the soul and identity has been pulled from the club.

Starting to get slightly Mike Ashley vibes here although I'm probably just being melodramatic
Billy is nearly 35 ,better brace yourself

I’m having a fitness test in the morning. Don’t really want to play but a place in the 18 would give me a chance to put shit in one of Lundstrams shoes. Then in the other one.
You may find they’re already full... Skidders up his shin pads might be an agreeable silver medal though.

Anyone else worried about the backlash the prince is going to get..... And his reaction to it? I can totally see him being a little bitch about it, and purposely sinking the team.....

Unless PA has something spectacular up his sleeve, we've basically got to go for a British manager.

Due to Brexit, foreign managers can only be appointed IF...

1) They have worked in one of Europe's Top Five leagues for the last two years consecutively

or

2) They have worked in one of Europe's top leagues for 3 out of the last 5 seasons.

I can't see anyone leaving Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1 or the Premier to have a pop at getting us back up.

Under the new rules there would be no Bielsa, no Solskjaer, no Farke, no Espirito Santo.

It wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't just sacked the best British manager in the game.

Bleak.
Wow, that's another Brexit bonus I didn't know about

We will struggle to recruit players from Europe as well, with these new rules. Having a bunch of foreign owned clubs and potentially a foreign Director of Football may well be rendered utterly useless.

What a great time to get rid of an English manager with a deep knowledge of the English lower leagues.

Potentially, though I don't think it'll affect loans as much (that would probably be the case with the other clubs the prince has, similar to coulibaly) as it'd be under a "T5 temp sports player" also, it looks like it's under review for the summer window, so hopefully they'll change the rules a bit.

Anyone else worried about the backlash the prince is going to get..... And his reaction to it? I can totally see him being a little bitch about it, and purposely sinking the team.....
He'd stand to lose a lot more than he'd gain doing that. He's a business man, he's not daft.

Back
Top Bottom