Elephant in the room..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Unless PA has something spectacular up his sleeve, we've basically got to go for a British manager.

Due to Brexit, foreign managers can only be appointed IF...

1) They have worked in one of Europe's Top Five leagues for the last two years consecutively

or

2) They have worked in one of Europe's top leagues for 3 out of the last 5 seasons.

I can't see anyone leaving Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1 or the Premier to have a pop at getting us back up.

Under the new rules there would be no Bielsa, no Solskjaer, no Farke, no Espirito Santo.

It wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't just sacked the best British manager in the game.

Bleak.

But you have to get your point in to try and divide it further.
Wasn't trying to divide anybody whatsoever, but this morning I've seen...

"It'll be JVW or some other Belgian mate of the prince"

"We should get some up and coming European coach"

"Prince will get some no mark foreign managers to come in who no ones heard of"

Just wanted to clear the facts of the situation up, mainly to try and reduce the amount of reactionary bollocks being posted by dummy spitters!

And I wasn't "getting my point in"...as this is not "my point"...it's just the facts!

Wasn't trying to divide anybody whatsoever, but this morning I've seen...

"It'll be JVW or some other Belgian mate of the prince"

"We should get some up and coming European coach"

"Prince will get some no mark foreign managers to come in who no ones heard of"

Just wanted to clear the facts of the situation up, mainly to try and reduce the amount of reactionary bollocks being posted by dummy spitters!

And I wasn't "getting my point in"...as this is not "my point"...it's just the facts!
That post wasn’t referring to you

Unless PA has something spectacular up his sleeve, we've basically got to go for a British manager.

1) They have worked in one of Europe's Top Five leagues for the last two years consecutively

or

2) They have worked in one of Europe's top leagues for 3 out of the last 5 seasons.

I can't see anyone leaving Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue 1 or the Premier to have a pop at getting us back up.

Under the new rules there would be no Bielsa, no Solskjaer, no Farke, no Espirito Santo.

It wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't just sacked the best British manager in the game.

Bleak.
Hang on pal, there's no room in here for smart-arse OPs talking sense and providing useful information. Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done.

Hang on pal, there's no room in here for smart-arse OPs talking sense and providing useful information. Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done.
Damn it! I knew I should have known better than to read up on all that bloody factual information before posting 🤦‍♂️

I'll expect mi ban soon 😂

or

Bleak.

We will struggle to recruit players from Europe as well, with these new rules. Having a bunch of foreign owned clubs and potentially a foreign Director of Football may well be rendered utterly useless.

What a great time to get rid of an English manager with a deep knowledge of the English lower leagues.

Taking a multifaceted approach, signs point to Howe being the most obvious option. Good point about the restrictions on bringing in a European coach, I think it does limit the choice. Howe certainly ticks a few boxes we’d be looking for I’d imagine.

Taking a multifaceted approach, signs point to Howe being the most obvious option. Good point about the restrictions on bringing in a European coach, I think it does limit the choice. Howe certainly ticks a few boxes we’d be looking for I’d imagine.
Howe ? Possibly. Or we may go for a manager who has great experience in gaining promotion from the championship several times ? ......Mr Warnock 😁

It’s rare I have a physical reaction to a post, but you sir made me have quite the shudder with this one.
Imagine what he’d do with Brewster it’d be billy mark 2 but in the worst possible way 😂

Another issue we will have is some of the more influential players I.e. Basham, Fleck, Sharp, Didzy, JOC may struggle to adapt to a totally new system. IMO this won’t just lead to the loss of a legend but also leaders in the dressing room and that’s a dynamic I’m more worried about. finding ourselves with a team full of younger heads low on confidence that have just been spanked in the premier league rather than the experienced ones who know what success tastes like and have the characters to dust themselves off. Long road back.

or

The best British manager in the game !!!! Come on let's have some perspective , how many seasons has he managed In the top flight ? 2 and for over 50% of that had been absolutely abysmal , let's compare to other British managers like

Moyes - fantastic job at Everton, doing a great job at West ham, wasn't so good at man u but wasnt given that job because he's shit was he

Brendan Rodgers - managed, Liverpool and Celtic, and is currently doing brilliantly at Leicester

Sean dyche - performing miracles at Burnley every season

Dean Smith - did great at Brentford, got the move to his boyhood club , took them over when they were at a low ebb , got promoted in his first season, kept them up in his second, pushing for Europe in his third so 3 seasons of almost constant success (sound familiar)

But let's just keep the rose tinted glasses on because wilder played for us and he won league 5 seasons ago so is the best manager Britain have ever produced or likely ever will

The best British manager in the game !!!! Come on let's have some perspective , how many seasons has he managed In the top flight ? 2 and for over 50% of that had been absolutely abysmal , let's compare to other British managers like

Moyes - fantastic job at Everton, doing a great job at West ham, wasn't so good at man u but wasnt given that job because he's shit was he

Brendan Rodgers - managed, Liverpool and Celtic, and is currently doing brilliantly at Leicester

Dean Smith - did great at Brentford, got the move to his boyhood club , took them over when they were at a low ebb , got promoted in his first season, kept them up in his second, pushing for Europe in his third so 3 seasons of almost constant success (sound familiar)

But let's just keep the rose tinted glasses on because wilder played for us and he won league 5 seasons ago so is the best manager Britain have ever produced or likely ever will
And when has Carlo Ancelotti, Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola said that Moyes, Rodgers, Dyche or Smith are on a par with them?

As they all have with Wilder.

Pep yesterday...

"If Chris Wilder was manager of Manchester City and I was manager of Sheffield United then he would win the league and I would be fighting relegation."

But why listen to the opinion of the best manager in the world when we have wak1889!

We need to find another gem in football that knows the ethos of the club, is determined to succeed, has championship experience min and will also not be dictated too.

I genuinely don't know the name of that person, I hope the board do.

Another issue we will have is some of the more influential players I.e. Basham, Fleck, Sharp, Didzy, JOC may struggle to adapt to a totally new system. IMO this won’t just lead to the loss of a legend but also leaders in the dressing room and that’s a dynamic I’m more worried about. finding ourselves with a team full of younger heads low on confidence that have just been spanked in the premier league rather than the experienced ones who know what success tastes like and have the characters to dust themselves off. Long road back.
I was thinking about that last night, losing a legend.

If Billy leaves following this, it really will feel like the soul and identity has been pulled from the club.

Starting to get slightly Mike Ashley vibes here although I'm probably just being melodramatic

or

Bleak.
As I understand it they could have been assistant managers in those leagues and now be able to come to the UK as manager or head coach

Of all the things I expected on here this morning, “multifaceted” was well down the list....

Would the odds on every experienced player leaving be about the same as the stadium burning down?

I was thinking about that last night, losing a legend.

If Billy leaves following this, it really will feel like the soul and identity has been pulled from the club.

Starting to get slightly Mike Ashley vibes here although I'm probably just being melodramatic
I don't think Billy will leave following this, I'm not in the know at all however I do know one of his family members through work and I'm not sure him and Chris always saw eye to eye. Wilder isn't the type of guy to put his arm around you put it that way, nor should he be though

Back
Top Bottom