Ebanks-Landell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CharnockBlade

Reaction score
The official Wolves twitter are saying he's back there for a couple of days for Paul lambert to run the rule over him, in my opinion should Lambert decide he's ok to return to the lane until the end of the season that gives us the green light to get him permanently. Lets hope he doesn't like what he sees.

I wouldn't be surprised if they recalled him and he spent the rest of the season on the bench.

It's impossible to predict anything that Paul Lambert will do because he just makes it up as he goes along.

.....wolves?
Or have I just heard wrong?

Just caught back end of it on radio Sheffield.

Whichever way this goes I don't see Wilder being caught napping, we just need a quick decision from Lambert, that is all.

EEL is good but very replaceable imo. Would love us to sign Webster in any case.

Whichever way this goes I don't see Wilder being caught napping, we just need a quick decision from Lambert, that is all.

EEL is good but very replaceable imo. Would love us to sign Webster in any case.

Totally agree Stretch. Also, we can't allow Lambert to drag his feet through January because we can't afford to wait to get a replacement in. If there is any suggestion that he might call him back but he's not actually saying yes or no, we should IMO send him back early in January no matter what (assuming we have a replacement sorted) and move on.

The official Wolves twitter are saying he's back there for a couple of days for Paul lambert to run the rule over him, in my opinion should Lambert decide he's ok to return to the lane until the end of the season that gives us the green light to get him permanently. Lets hope he doesn't like what he sees.

My guess is Tuftinhio will be looking at all options. If EEL isn't ours he will be scouring the market for a replacement.

Absolutely agree Stretch. EEL is doing a fine job but he's pretty one dimensional. That's fine at this level and just what we needed but he's still part of a defence that can look shaky. It's our exploits at the other end of the field that have got us where we are, not in defence. I would like him to stay as it keeps things consistent but if he were to go back to Wolves, I wouldn't lose much sleep and be quite confident that CW could find a suitable and able replacement.

Take it he'll be back at the Lane for the Oldham and Northampton games?

I hope he does come back, the immediate remit is promotion, he fits into the current defence excellently, a back 3 of EEL-Wright-JOC seem more than capable at this level. I don't think it's going to be quite as easy to replace him, Tufty clicks his fingers and magics up a big f**k off centre half. Not that easy, there's not many out there at the moment, we've got to persuade them to come to the Lane, money's another issue and if we do get someone who looks as though he's a like-for-like, or even better, it doesn't always work out.

I don't buy into this whole "he's replaceable" bollocks. Of course there's better defenders than him out there, but will we get one? Nobody knows, but considering it's taken us 4 years to replace the replaceable Maguire, I wouldn't put your mortgage on it. We'd be a lot better off if we don't lose him.

I don't know the rules but if he's on loan until January, surely he's available to play in those two games? Allowing Lambert the chance to look at him now is presumably a courtesy and we're co-operating to keep relations good between us and Wolves.

I don't buy into this whole "he's replaceable" bollocks. Of course there's better defenders than him out there, but will we get one? Nobody knows, but considering it's taken us 4 years to replace the replaceable Maguire, I wouldn't put your mortgage on it. We'd be a lot better off if we don't lose him.
Precisely this ^^^^

The kid has filled a gap that we've seriously needed to fill for years and yet didn't/couldn't. He is also fully integrated into the squad and seems well-liked. Even if we got someone of a similar ilk, there's no guarantee that he'd make a similar impact or settle as quickly as EEL did, and we really can't afford bedding in periods. My other concerns is that some fans (you know who they are ;) ) may make comparisons and be only too quick to jump on his replacement's back should he not hit the ground running, to the detriment of the team. We don't want any negativity or disruption.

Whichever way we roll it, the best possible outcome for United is for Wolves to honour the season long loan period, allowing us keep the show on the road defensively with the same key players.

I actually don't think Balham-Wright-O'Connell is a bad option in the event EEL is unavailable. It was only the other week that Wright was considered the key to our defence, and we've coped without him in recent games. Above all though, I don't want a situation where we're having to scramble around for a replacement come deadline day.

Tufty isn't scouring the market or anything else at this stage. That's been done. He thinks ahead. He knows exactly who he wants in a number of positions.

It will be good if we can keep him. If we can't CW will have his work cut out finding someone to replace him. But it's not impossible.

Que sera sera.

I hope he does come back, the immediate remit is promotion, he fits into the current defence excellently, a back 3 of EEL-Wright-JOC seem more than capable at this level. I don't think it's going to be quite as easy to replace him, Tufty clicks his fingers and magics up a big f**k off centre half. Not that easy, there's not many out there at the moment, we've got to persuade them to come to the Lane, money's another issue and if we do get someone who looks as though he's a like-for-like, or even better, it doesn't always work out.

The first sentence is key. We (Wilder)needs to know NOW,(and he surely must do) that EEL will be back for Boxing Day. We can't be caught out in some limbo situation. Lambert won't give a fuck about what his absence at short notice might do to us so Wilder must and will.

Personally I smell a rodant, if I'm right he will get an "injury" possibly in training and return to wolves for treatment.
If that's right then say bye to him and hope wilder has another central defender up his sleeve.

Personally I smell a rodant, if I'm right he will get an "injury" possibly in training and return to wolves for treatment.
If that's right then say bye to him and hope wilder has another central defender up his sleeve.

Think you might be right, we should of said no he's ours till January the sixth or whatever the date is and taken our chances it could screw our Christmas fixtures up.
Hope I'm wrong.

If we lose him I'm quite confident we'll sign Webster, I think we might do anyway. Then we'd still have two who are strong in the air, but possibly with one of those (Webster) in the middle rather than RCB. It could even make us stronger. Keep EEL and sign Webster and we'll have an extremely solid and dominant back three. Although I think we should focus more on improving going forward - we're likely to concede a few no matter who we've got at the back given the way we play, and our recent defensive record is OK anyway.

Back
Top Bottom