Dundee United foresrd

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think it is interesting If we send our good youngsters there then they need to be playing with good but also seasoned professionals if they are to develop

Blades related???

Greystones Blade. I lived there all my life, just further up, pre overseas for work many years and frequented The Highcliffe amongst other establishments in the vicinity. Cheesebored, lol😎

8 goals in Scottish Premiership. Marc McNulty managed that in half a season.

Doubt it has much to do with us this one.

Greystones Blade. I lived there all my life, just further up, pre overseas for work many years and frequented The Highcliffe amongst other establishments in the vicinity. Cheesebored, lol😎
I live in Greystones now but born and bred in Stannington as was my dad and grandad - so would have been ‘ Stannington Blade ‘ but the forum had a member with that name 😟

Egan was living up there too, until recently.

Was the Old Grindstone still there? My local in the 70s. The Crookes pubs were the ones we went to to get away from the students in Broomhill (although we were, in fact, students).

Was the Old Grindstone still there? My local in the 70s. The Crookes pubs were the ones we went to to get away from the students in Broomhill (although we were, in fact, students).
Wrong end from my rat run. Hammer and Pincers, Woodstock, Banner Cross, Napoleon's, Gatecrasher, Isabella's, in some kind of order....Now is Solcaffee, Rick's Bar, Rockline, Oura Bar, Hotshots, Hangover., Coyote Bar, Invictus. I prefer the climate in the latter list and Oura Beach with stunning views.😎

Still there. Was briefly a Stancil but now True North. The Ball, The Punch Bowl, Masons, Noah's Ark. South Seas was a hellhole rockpub but now a magic cafe.

Wrong end from my rat run. Hammer and Pincers, Woodstock, Banner Cross, Napoleon's, Gatecrasher, Isabella's, in some kind of order....Now is Solcaffee, Rick's Bar, Rockline, Oura Bar, Hotshots, Hangover., Coyote Bar, Invictus. I prefer the climate in the latter list and Oura Beach with stunning views.😎
Oh the pub crawl on eccy Road start at Prince of Wales at top work down

When Barry Sansby was the landlord?

Bert's old pub crawl.

Four pubs within 50 yards of each other.

White Bear, Griffin, Tankard and Black Bull. Ecclesfield.

Them were t'days lad.
Me too, had my 1st ever pint of bitter (and my last) in the Tankard aged 16, although to be fair I frequented the Greyhound & Ball more often.

Me too, had my 1st ever pint of bitter (and my last) in the Tankard aged 16, although to be fair I frequented the Greyhound & Ball more often.
Wallet Ender 😁.
Bert was 14 when he first sampled the Griffin Inn bitter.

I once had a projectile vomit from the Griffin step after drinking all the top shelf on my 18th birthday.... onto the chick I was after new shoes 🤣

Bert's old pub crawl.

Four pubs within 50 yards of each other.

White Bear, Griffin, Tankard and Black Bull. Ecclesfield.

Them were t'days lad.

I doubt that Bert would have little more than a passing acquaintance with the Tankard , given that it was the hostelry of choice for the village idiots and roughnecks where barely a weekend went by without trouble breaking out both inside and out .

Not the sort of place I would associate with a young gentleman of good breeding and sensitivity .

I doubt that Bert would have little more than a passing acquaintance with the Tankard , given that it was the hostelry of choice for the village idiots and roughnecks where barely a weekend went by without trouble breaking out both inside and out .

Not the sort of place I would associate with a young gentleman of good breeding and sensitivity .
Indeed, Bert was more a Griffin man, he was also briefly a member of the Ex-Servicemen's club round the corner.
They had a better class of riff-raff.

Back
Top Bottom