CONFIRMED Duffy joins Stoke City on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think this will come back to bite us somehow. I have my doubts that Freeman or Morrison will fill in the gap.

If it bites us, so be it. It could've bitten us much harder if we'd let him stay after what had happened.

Asking for a new contract - forgivable.
Demanding a new contract - tipping the scale...
Throwing your teammates under the bus with the running stats on social media - no way back

Looking at the Stoke forum a few were/are saying 'who?' or words to that effect

How can you be so ignorant about a player who's played a key part in a team that got promoted from YOUR division LAST season?
Thick cunts don't realise what they've got

How can you be so ignorant about a player who's played a key part in a team that got promoted from YOUR division LAST season?

Just think "Port Vale" then it all makes sense!

I'm absolutely gutted to see Duffy leave. He was always a pleasure to watch, and he was a real menace around the box. Some of Duffy's goals were fantastic- pulled out of nowhere. I would have loved to see Duffy play in the Premier league- I think he would have done pretty well, though he would have has less match time.

I always wondered why his talent appeared to get discovered so late. Similar thing with Jamie Vardy and plenty of others I guess. Better late than never I suppose.

It's a shame that the bust up occurred, but I guess no manager can afford unhappy players around the dressing room. Also once a bust up's happened it can be almost impossible to repair. So in the end there was only one possible outcome.

Anyhow I'm just grateful for all those good memories, and hope it works out well for all involved. I hope we don't live to regret it. Good luck and thanks Mark Duffy- Hope Stoke make the most of your talents.

Gutted also but nothing ever lasts forever. Told my six year old daughter he'd left last night and she cried herself to sleep (over tired), bit ott but made it worse lol! Shame it ended like this but faith in CW!

As a footnote to all of this, would love to see big Leon come back into the team, assuming he doesn't go out on loan...

Let's be honest, all players leave under some sort of cloud, either from the fans, or the club, or the player. It's very rare that a good player leaves and all concerned are very happy about it.

A big problem with our (Stoke) fanbase is the Premier League made so many of them completely aloof to the fact the Championship is actually full of quality players. I was more than slightly embarrassed at the response when the news broke and so many on my feed were simply saying “who” etc. Personally, I’m delighted with Duffy, he’s a hub of creativity that we have been crying out for, for seemingly years. He should slot right into a similar position he did for you guys. Hope you survive and put one in the eye of the critics who really don’t get what Wilder is all about and has achieved.

A big problem with our (Stoke) fanbase is the Premier League made so many of them completely aloof to the fact the Championship is actually full of quality players. I was more than slightly embarrassed at the response when the news broke and so many on my feed were simply saying “who” etc. Personally, I’m delighted with Duffy, he’s a hub of creativity that we have been crying out for, for seemingly years. He should slot right into a similar position he did for you guys. Hope you survive and put one in the eye of the critics who really don’t get what Wilder is all about and has achieved.
You need to use him in a similar play-maker type position. He will be wasted otherwise.

You need to use him in a similar play-maker type position. He will be wasted otherwise.
He should slot into the “point of the diamond” position behind the front two, currently occupied by Nick Powell. But his biscuit hamstrings will probably ensure Duffy gets more than enough game time.

If you play two up front with Duffy in a free role behind you will smash the league and I will be piling my money on you. The first couple of games will be telling.

However, as others have pointed out above you had the ammo to do that last year but didn't so the manager has to be the one with the big question mark over him.

If you play two up front with Duffy in a free role behind you will smash the league and I will be piling my money on you. The first couple of games will be telling.

However, as others have pointed out above you had the ammo to do that last year but didn't so the manager has to be the one with the big question mark over him.
The team was a real mess last year after Rowett spending spree. Jones has only started putting his system (Diamond) in place now and the acid test is now taking place. Time will tell but I feel a lot more confident in it now that one of the best players in his role can slot into that system more or less seamlessly.

Got to say looking at the Stoke board it’s what I would expect looking at a Newcastle board if relegated . You had a great run in the premiership but your not a club that looks out of place in the championship. It seems to be the big names that have let you down, players like Duffy are what you really need.

Bert always leaves after 60 minutes to beat the traffic.
Can anyone help him out, how did Duffy usually play in the last 30?
Match winning genius or a bit anonymous?

Got to say looking at the Stoke board it’s what I would expect looking at a Newcastle board if relegated . You had a great run in the premiership but your not a club that looks out of place in the championship. It seems to be the big names that have let you down, players like Duffy are what you really need.
It’s more the mismanagement that fans are angry about, some ridiculous transfers that as you say let us down. But because we’ve had 10 years out, a lot of fans simply lost interest in football below the Premier League, it’s shown this window in response to some decent looking signings and all last season as players who 90% of the fanbase have no idea even existed tore us to shreds.

It’s more the mismanagement that fans are angry about, some ridiculous transfers that as you say let us down. But because we’ve had 10 years out, a lot of fans simply lost interest in football below the Premier League, it’s shown this window in response to some decent looking signings and all last season as players who 90% of the fanbase have no idea even existed tore us to shreds.
I can see how it can happen, just wouldn’t expect it as if I remember right the team that got you up before wasn’t filled with big names nor the teams you did well with in the premiership (imo). We had a similar problem in league one, had players on the books too big for that league. They didn’t perform, only when you respect the talent around you can you make the right types of signings. Duffy is the ultimate chip on his shoulder type of player, he will be determined to prove it was a mistake letting him go.

At the end of the day, Duffy will have wanted a combination of security and gametime, and we couldn’t really offer him either. I’m sure he’d have preferred a 2 year deal at a Championship club that’ll play him, but earning his existing wage at a team much more likely to play him this season is understandably better for Duffy. I think that’s why it will have ultimately been an amicable enough parting.

Actually you're on the wrong type of social platform if you don't believe in the freedom of opinion.
Try NKT. It's the party line or you're out there. Enjoy.

All for freedom of speech. You can continue to waste your time moaning and complaining over a normal transaction of football of players leaving clubs to play regular football. I'll be backing ALL the boys who are in the 25 man squad which Wilder (Our Professional Manager) has picked good enough for our Premier League campaign. The last thing we need is negativity but I guess you'll be one of the first to jump on the managers back when we lose our first game.

Bert always leaves after 60 minutes to beat the traffic.
Can anyone help him out, how did Duffy usually play in the last 30?
Match winning genius or a bit anonymous?
When you left can you visualise the car in front? Well that was Duffy.

All for freedom of speech. You can continue to waste your time moaning and complaining over a normal transaction of football of players leaving clubs to play regular football. I'll be backing ALL the boys who are in the 25 man squad which Wilder (Our Professional Manager) has picked good enough for our Premier League campaign. The last thing we need is negativity but I guess you'll be one of the first to jump on the managers back when we lose our first game.

Hussey. Carruthers. Leonard. Evans.
Just 4 carthorses your dad signed.
He's not perfect.
My opinion is that Lundstram is fucking shit.
Glad it bothers you pal.

Hussey. Carruthers. Leonard. Evans.
Just 4 carthorses your dad signed.
He's not perfect.
My opinion is that Lundstram is fucking shit.
Glad it bothers you pal.

When did I ever state that Wilder (My Father ;)) was the perfect manager? Give you a tip, I didn't.

Trust me, your opinion doesn't bother/impact me in the slightest. Judging by your post history on here, your opinions change quite a lot so continue doing you and try and at least enjoy one of the most exciting League compaigns in a very long time.

When did I ever state that Wilder (My Father ;)) was the perfect manager? Give you a tip, I didn't.

Trust me, your opinion doesn't bother/impact me in the slightest. Judging by your post history on here, your opinions change quite a lot so continue doing you and try and at least enjoy one of the most exciting League compaigns in a very long time.

My opinion dosent bother you a jot to the extent you stalk my post history.
Get help.

My opinion dosent bother you a jot to the extent you stalk my post history.
Get help.

Stalking or simply Clicking someones user name and clicking "Post History" I'll let you decide if that's stalking. Try and at least stick to your opinion rather changing a couple months later. Makes your opinion become more valid.

" I don't think Lundstram will much as I'd like him too. Seen nothing much to suggest it. Wilder thinks he will? Fine. He's the gaffer. "

Need I say more 😅

What are the chances Stoke will just send him back?

Not been in the 18 for a few games now, don't think he's injured.

Joe Allen has been part of what on paper is a cracking champioship squad...and they've totally underachieved in that period.

Back
Top Bottom