CONFIRMED Duffy joins Stoke City on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You can't have too many good,clever footballers in your first team squad and Duffy is one of the best.It will be a sad day when he moves on,i think of all our current players,he is the one that we owe most to our renaissance.We play in a very unique way and it will take the new players some time to gel,Duffy will be very useful this season.

Need to keep him if only for impact sub role or to keep Morrison on his toes. Wouldn't want young Ravel thinking his place was guaranteed and going into bigshot mode.

Ravel hasn’t played a single minute for us yet - and has struggled with injuries for the last few years. Let’s get him fit and in the team first before we suggest he’s ahead of Duffy in the pecking order.

I certainly wouldn’t let Duffy go however.... CW stated after Burton game subs at Burton would start at Northampton and obviously he didn’t. Hope it was a strain or other minor issue behind this. If he doesn’t feature at Chezvegas, along with an explanation, I fear the worst.

I too would be be surprised to see him leave now although I have been thinking how few opportunities he's likely to get next season., when there will be a distinct possibility that he'll be third or fourth choice for his role. Barring several injuries and either a severe decline in Freeman's & Morrison's form and an improvement in his, surely the best he can hope for is 20 mins from the bench.

The link with Burton is surely nonsense - even if he were to leave, surely it would be to somewhere better than there.

If only one of the 'journalists' at the game on Sat had asked about his whereabouts. Shield was probably too busy finding somewhere to smoke and McCarthy would have been busily writing his list of questions to ask CW :)

What makes you say this? Looking ahead, I can definitely see it happening. Perhaps even later this season. But as far as I'm concerned he was playing pretty good football last season. So when did the slide start?
Unless he means a reverse slide? An upward curve?

We have finished higher than the previous season in every season we've had since Duff has been here and been a main part of the squad. I'd love to know where there is any sort of slide.

Unless he means a reverse slide? An upward curve?

We have finished higher than the previous season in every season we've had since Duff has been here and been a main part of the squad. I'd love to know where there is any sort of slide.
He's got to move on to someone else now Clarke is clearly not first team.

In answer to you both.

Certain things I’ve seen. Not much of an answer, but my eyeballs are telling me his level has dropped. He has become less of an influence. He has started to lose possession in areas and in circumstances that would rarely happen previously. He has less explosive dynamism and doesn’t glide past opponents in the same way.

Don’t get me wrong, the slide isn’t significant. Yet.

But as others are quick to point out, competition for the “Duffy” role is now fierce. Someone won’t be happy !!

I truly hope MD can light up the PL in the way we have all seen, and the way we know he can.

My hunch is that he won’t get much opportunity in terms of pitch time to do so 😞

UTB

No source for this, just whispers but his omission from the squad on Saturday has created a bit of conjecture about his future....there was a suggestion it was due to a bereavement, however his Dad has apparently said that's not the case....

As much as I like Duffy you can't help but think his opportunities will be very limited following the signings of Freeman, Ravel & Robinson.... should a chance in the Championship arise for him to play regularly he's surely going to consider it.
Chinese ones no doubt. Freeman ,Morrison and Robinson are the competition he needs to keep him on it,so to speak.

“Become less of an influence...?” He had an injury that kept him out of the Bristol City game and we turned in our worst performance for months. Then he got back in the team, assisted Enda’s goal at Birmingham, scored the opener against Forest, his pass created the opener against Ipswich...

No coincidence to me that our best performances to finish the season came when he was back in the side. As Ricky says, these signings smack of us acknowledging that we still rely very heavily on what Duffy can do and we’re trying to address that.

Admittedly he hasn’t done much since May...

“Become less of an influence...?” He had an injury that kept him out of the Bristol City game and we turned in our worst performance for months. Then he got back in the team, assisted Enda’s goal at Birmingham, scored the opener against Forest, his pass created the opener against Ipswich...

No coincidence to me that our best performances to finish the season came when he was back in the side. As Ricky says, these signings smack of us acknowledging that we still rely very heavily on what Duffy can do and we’re trying to address that.

Admittedly he hasn’t done much since May...

Don't let facts get in the way of the start of season Duffy will be replaced agendas.

Carruthers, Holmes, Woodburn, Dowell all seen off.

He's kicked started our season for the last two years yet some still want to find fault with a player who has a unique style that enables the 3-4-1-2 system to work so well. He'll have a part to play as others have said. I don't see him wanting to pass up the opportunity to play at Anfield.

Hopefully the absence can be explained. Would have helped if the RS presenter had asked the question on Saturday. Mind you he was getting his ear bitten off by CW.

I think we all knew deep down he’d struggle to be anything but a bit part player in the long term. I can see why we’re not offering him a new contract. I also wonder if this is partly due to those tweets from his girlfriend when he wasn’t getting in the side and his own comments about playing 90 minutes. If he’s not happy with the way CWAK manage his fitness, let him go. Best of luck to him too. Not many players have made me jump up and run around like some of his goals have.

Football insider claiming a “source close to the players situation” has said he’s been told he can leave.

I truely dispise these lazy, unimaginative, online shit slingers, and never believe anything they come out with. Yet am now worried there might be something in it 😭

#BladesAnxiety

He’s been told he’s not getting a new contract and if he wants to find a new club we won’t stand in his way. I know his dad.

I don't believe this for a second, but one thing is for sure, if he goes it won't be to fucking Burton Albion

And if so, not offering him a new contract is incredibly harsh I feel, he's earned it. Age is of course a factor but I think we all know without Mark Duffy we wouldn't be a Premier League team right now.

Was his contract up?

I didn't even know that it was.

Back
Top Bottom