Doncaster 0 United 4 - report/ratings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

View from the sofa. Enjoyed that. Would have gladly paid £5 if I had done 😉. Fair play those that went too. Even after so long away I'm not a friendly man 🤣 really so resisted urge to go but fantastic to see a packed Blades away end so fair dos 👏

---

Useful workout tonight and an easy win. We won at a canter and could have been a lot more. We had all the possession and dominated in terms of territory and chances.

Donny were dire. Absolutely awful. Not sure if they had any missing. Louis Reed playing v Berge was somewhat of a mismatch! They had Omer Bogle but few others I heard of. Donny had 3 or 4 triallists and one went off with a nasty early injury. They had a few tame shots but never really got through us all night.

United were miles better all game and it was men v boys really. Hard to really analyse style we played as we changed it both halves formation and how we played it but one constant was possession, possession, possession and we constantly recycle it around but it goes forward much more when we get into the last third. It is almost like we lulled them into thinking we were keeping it for keeping sake and then bang we spring it dorwardxquicjer or someone penetrates. It was patient a lot of the time but then suddenly we move it forward quicker and go through the thirds more than wide. Will take time to get used to that after going down the flanks and working on overloads. At times it is patient and fans need to realise its about possession stuff.

First half 4-3-3 with Didz, Mousset and Burke quite fluent where they operated in the 3.

Berge strolled it and Donny could not get near him. Mousse looked up for it. Burke scored but was on the whole appalling with bad touch and finishing. Thought Fleck looked more like his old self. The defence was not really tested but Osborn in particular did well - getting forward even in a 4. Still not convinced by Jack Robibson as a starter. We need more physicality at this level as lots of crosses will come in.

1st goal just a terrible error from the keeper. Burke could not miss an open goal although he then did 2nd half. The second goal was all about Berge and a great driving run, although Oabirn did well to keep alive and Mousset buried it. The third was a nice run and ball from Fleck but Mousset finished calmly.

Second half saw us put Bash on and we went to a 5-3-2. Berge and Mousset the best players went off. It became bitty with the number of changes but we still were superior.

Brewster came on but he looks shot confidence wise. Missed a few easy chances and his touch was off again. Jebbison in contrast looked fast, confident and brimming with enthusiasm. Really impressed and seems to have grown height wise...must be 6'5'' now?

Robinson hit the bar with a header and we had a few other chances but then we brought lots of kids on. Game was pestering out before Freeman scored after good work from Brunt and then Bogle.

Ramsdale 7/10 - Nothing to do other than one easy save and then working on his distribution and he was playing lots of passes out with his feet and at speed. Wonder whether he will be here by the end of August? Hope so.

Baldock 6.5/10 - Had a few Mondays where he gave his man too much space but got forward well and was usual energetic self.

Osborn 7.5/10 - Orthodox left back. Got up and down and was involved in a fair few attacks including the 2nd goal.

Egan 7/10 - Solid enough. Little to do really. One player heard no rumours about teams being after him?

Robinson 6/10 - Few silly fouls and not sure of him in a two. Think we need an upgrade here myself.

Norwood 7/10 - One giveaway bit steady enough put under little pressure. Tried to move it faster.

Fleck 7/10 - He seemed up for it and drifted through the midfield and jinked and probed. Tried to pass it forward much more. Great assist on the 3rd.

Berge 8.5/10 - 45 minutes of domination. Got on the ball, shrugged weak players off and played short/long passes. 2nd goal just drove through and they could not hold him. Came off HT. Not sure we will see much of him as feel he is probably not wanting to stay in the Championship.

McGoldrick 6.5/10 - Bits of pieces of quality as he linked play but a few times things did not come off. He moved across the front line not just playing deep but dropped 2nd half more.

Burke 5/10 - Yes he scored a simple goal but he was poor. He put effort in but the ball bounced off him or ran into blind alleys. His pace means he does offer an outlet. Missed an absolute sitter 2nd half blasting over from the penalty spot.

Mousset 8/10 - Looked up for it. Ran around, showed for the ball short and also made good rubs. Finished the goals well and nearly had a few more. Hopefully he can get/stay fit. Talent wise he clearly is an asset but we have been herd before and he normally cannot stay on the grass.

Subs...loads of them

All below played all 2nd half...

Foderingham 5.5/10 - Little to do. One easy save and then missed a punch when he sort of pawed it up in the air when he came out. Assume he played as Verrips got injured in the warm up as he was named sub.

Basham 7/10 - Typical Bash energy and Bix of tricks. Played wide right centre back in a 3.

Brewster 4/10 - A few ok link ups but often runs into the wrong areas or does not link with others. His touch was poor too. Tried to close down and run around. Missed one awful header right in front of goal and another near the end when Jebbison kind of went for it too.

Others came on around 67-68 mins ish...

Jebbison - Looked really fast and covered a lot if ground. He was involved in lots of good link ups and looked far more of a threat than Brewster.

Freeman - Scored which was good he got in the box. Think it came off his shoulder/chest! He played on the left side of a 3 in midfield but was well forward too. A few decent bits mixed with some sloppy. Not sure he is mobile enough to be a regular in a pressing style Jokanovic wants.

Lopata- Huge academy polish centre back...looked massive!

Lowe - Untroubled but saw little of him attacking wise. Still think RND, Enda and now Osborn will be ahead of him. One we could let go for me.

Gordon - Always looks a good footballer when I see him and a decent athlete. Depends if we play a 2 or a 3 on the chances he may get.

Seriki - Came on and got forward a fair but but went off with a knock maybe?

Slater - Steady although we did not dominated midfield as much. One good shot well saved at the end.

Brunt - Busy and think it was him involved in the assist to the assist for the 4th. Nice to see him get action. Might be me but like Slater's Dad criticising the club, not sure it's a good look for Brunt's Dad to make a comment about if he will get any actual action pre game.

Bogle- Came on for last 15. Best if three right wing/full backs. Well advanced and set up the 4th and had other moments where he was in the box.
Preferred pommpey's report 🤣🤣🤣

Agreed.

People can’t bring up his poor start for us and choose to forget what he did for Swansea. You either bring his whole history into it or not at all.

What I saw yesterday was a lad who’s clicked on he has to put in maximum effort to succeed at the top level. Looked stronger, not like a lost kid.

People saying he was poor are clouded in their judgement and basing it on the one chance he missed - he was really good all round apart from that.
Let's be right though - who gives a fuck about what he did at Swansea? It's what he does for us that matters, and for all his efforts, he's being shown up by a rookie who's played a handful of first team games.

Let's be right though - who gives a fuck about what he did at Swansea? It's what he does for us that matters, and for all his efforts, he's being shown up by a rookie who's played a handful of first team games.

Ooooh. Thin ice Berks. Now you've disagreed, you'll have him 'living rent free in your head' forever and preening on shoutbox to the rest of the impressionables.

I don't give a fat fuck what Brewster did in the past either, BTW. It's clouding people's perspectives. Yesterday he was consistently disappointing and I have even seen people trying to excuse away heading it over from three feet.

I want the kid to score. I want him to be our talismanic protégé who bags dozens of goals. Really want it, in fact. But the evidence yesterday was that he may be just not very good in a team who dick about trying to build breaks from the wings. Or his footballing brain isn't very well developed. We can't go on saying he was ace for another team when he has been shit for us week in week out last season and seems to be in the same rut this season.

pommpey

Ooooh. Thin ice Berks. Now you've disagreed, you'll have him 'living rent free in your head' forever and preening on shoutbox to the rest of the impressionables.

I don't give a fat fuck what Brewster did in the past either, BTW. It's clouding people's perspectives. Yesterday he was consistently disappointing and I have even seen people trying to excuse away heading it over from three feet.

I want the kid to score. I want him to be our talismanic protégé who bags dozens of goals. Really want it, in fact. But the evidence yesterday was that he may be just not very good in a team who dick about trying to build breaks from the wings. Or his footballing brain isn't very well developed. We can't go on saying he was ace for another team when he has been shit for us week in week out last season and seems to be in the same rut this season.

pommpey
I am in your head rent free

Hi all, (comes in peace)

I’m not here to argue, I just wanted to clarify the above tweet. There was absolutely nothing in it other than hoping for Zak to get a run. It wasn’t a dig at anyone, certainly not the new manager who I rate very highly and have the utmost respect for.
I’m disappointed that some read into it, but I accept that these things are subjective and can mean different things to different people.

⚫⚪🔴

Hi all, (comes in peace)

I’m not here to argue, I just wanted to clarify the above tweet. There was absolutely nothing in it other than hoping for Zak to get a run. It wasn’t a dig at anyone, certainly not the new manager who I rate very highly and have the utmost respect for.
I’m disappointed that some read into it, but I accept that these things are subjective and can mean different things to different people.

⚫⚪🔴
Very good of you to come on here and say so.

I took it for what it was - just hoping he got onto the pitch. Hopefully he’ll get a good opportunity to show his talent this season…

Seems like Slater is leaving then according to his Dad from his tweet last night

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210808-153749_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210808-153749_Twitter.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 31
Seems like Slater is leaving then according to his Dad from his tweet last night

imagine if that was your dad? Fucking hell. Have some dignity, difference between supporting your son, and living your life through him.

Thank fuck. A) he’s not any good. B) We can get his bellend dad out of the club. He’s worse than McNulty’s.

It's so sad when a parent wants to re-live their life through their kids, got a niece that does that, her daughter is always going somewhere for a photo shoot, no work yet cos she is a ugly little bastard like her absent father.

Back
Top Bottom