Donaldson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reus

Reaction score
Wilder mentioned in his interview that he only chose players under contract for the squad on Sunday. Given that Ched replaced Donaldson on the bench, does anyone read into that Donaldson’s second season comtrct option may have not been taken up ?

Ched=Saviour!
Ask Big Kev!!!

I can’t see him being here in August. He was a short-term fix for this season and whilst his five goals earned us some important points, he’s been largely disappointing. More importantly he’s 34, which showed during the last couple of months. We need to move forwards.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Sliding doors moment when he pulled his hammie at Sunderland. He stays fit after that game and who knows...

It was a sensible signing at the time – low risk, offered us something different, good experience of the division etc. We should probably be looking to move him (and Ched Evans, Lavery & Hanson for that matter) on this summer in order to strengthen that area of the pitch for next season.

Nailed on for a new contract with the way things are shaping up. I am dreading the close season.

For 50k we can't complain too much and to be fair all 5 of his goals were absolute pearlers. If he'd have hit the inside of the post v Cardiff and buried that point blank header against the Pigs we could well have been heralding him as the signing of the season.

In any case it's time to move on, but cheers Clayts.

Suspect Tufty is already beginning to clear the decks of players with options (or not) or at the end of their contracts, with a view to creating as much bargaining power with the Board as possible.

clearing the dead wood to give him the argument "look how much wages i have freed up already" . Similar players will be the fringes , like Wilson ,maybe Leonard/Lunny/Man Bun, maybe Reed, maybe Long and so on... all of whom haven't nailed a place down just yet.

The cryptic message that Blackman tweeted --i wonder if they already have negotiations taking place for that and thus he needs to create wages room

He's unquestionably been a good signing for 50k. More than played his part, scored some big goals and could've had more.

Right decision to release him now. He'd be an excellent signing for anyone in L1.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

Sliding doors moment when he pulled his hammie at Sunderland. He stays fit after that game and who knows...

I thought as soon as it happened it might make it hard for him to ever regain the same condition. Players his age who rely on pace can't be doing with any injuries like that. But he did look excellent at Villa, and got us the winner at Norwich. It looks like age has caught up with him in the second half of the season, same with Clarke.

For 50k we can't complain too much and to be fair all 5 of his goals were absolute pearlers. If he'd have hit the inside of the post v Cardiff and buried that point blank header against the Pigs we could well have been heralding him as the signing of the season.

In any case it's time to move on, but cheers Clayts.

Donaldson's goals were remarkable in that he had to run a considerable distance, outpace or beat players, and hit a good strike each time. When he got the ball against Norwich and started to run I remember thinking "goal" straight away. His role in the timewasting in the same game was also very enjoyable.

The other odd thing is that all 5 of his goals were away. If you only attend home games, you'd have a completely different impression of him.

A decent deal. We got something useful out of him for very little outlay. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

In the passage of time he’ll be remembered as a player who we got past his sell-by date but made a useful contribution in part, not worthy of a further extension.

Thank you and Bon voyage.

The other odd thing is that all 5 of his goals were away. If you only attend home games, you'd have a completely different impression of him.

I saw him at Birmingham and he got a standing ovation. Shame it was from the Birmingham fans.

Goo luck to the lad. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Birmingham to teach Che how to tie his shoelaces.

Back
Top Bottom