Does anyone even care anymore?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Not been remotely bothered to go to these past 2 away games.

When I saw we scored the other day it resulted in a 'yes'. That was it. A South Yorkshire Derby and all I could muster was 'yes'.

We've lost today and all I could muster was a sigh. Against Bury, who've now done the double over us. No anger just disappointment.

Well done to the board, I think you've finally managed to turn the most passionate fans in the lad totally apathetic. At least you've achieved something.

We are awful and have been most of the season. I was not bothered by the win against Donny as it was clearly another false dawn. The season has been a disaster and hope pretty much went for me after the opening day debacle. I just hope we stay up.

I genuinely don't care anymore... and haven't done so since we lost to Huddersfield. I've never felt so detached from the club I once adored & I can't see that fire coming back any time soon. The Donny result didn't bring a smile, the Bury result isn't going to ruin my night. There's just nothing there anymore.

I got so fed up of following this fucking circus of a football club, I stopped going after we bottled our last play off final & haven't attended a game since. I honestly feel loads better for it too!!

Cant see me bothering on Saturday. Not even a toys out of the pram decision. Going out on Friday and I Just think dragging myself out of bed to watch a set of players I hate won't help my mood.

Not a lot.

I see us about every one match in 10 and each time I do we have taken a noticeable journey into the land of further shitness.

The decline is not so obvious when you watch them every week. I have no idea who is going to save us this time, nobody currently employed by the club I fear.

I have to be honest I have slowly stopped caring as far back as the play offs in 2009.

Hard to be as motivated when you know you have a board that don't give a toss either way despite the losses the club makes.

I'm sad I have to attend the remaining home games. Those 90 minutes ruin my day.

You care Pete , like we all do . If you didn't you wouldn't go . If the board , players and dare I say Adkins care half as much as us , we would be in the top 2.

Come to the conclusion let's start with a clean sheet on ALL fronts , including management . If Adkins had any self respect he would resign or forfeit any compensation . It's bad and will get badder .

UTB

I don't think it particularly helps when fans who show a bit of passion and anger towards what's going wrong at the Lane (on here for example) end up getting 5 pages on the forum from the club apologists either telling them how wrong they are or some smart arse comments. The club is dying on it's feet and the only way to get owt changed is to hound the f***ers on the board out of the Lane.

Bet WHF will be there clapping. Good Luck and well done to him. A true Blade. There's nothing wrong in his pink fluffy cosy world. Sorry WHF but you and Adkins deserve each other. I expect Adkins has got most of the fans on ignore as well.

I've been the other side of the world on holiday since Jan 28th, returning last night, and purposefully limited the amount of time used to keep up to date with United. Basically just three instances – looking to see if we'd signed anyone by the end of the window, and the Millwall & Donny results. I avoided whatever reaction there's been on here to all of those. It was quite a good two weeks really, cut off from it. I'm not sure if it's the jet lag, but following the game this evening was half-hearted on my part. Which by the sound of it was still half a heart more than the players showed.

I'll go to the Saturday home games but balls to dashing home from work and setting straight out again for any evening games, I will give those a miss, especially The Burton one.

The 12 year old me cried buckets when we lost in the play-offs to Palace.

The 17 year old me fell down the John St steps and got trampled to fuck celebrating Browns screamer against the filth, and I didn't even feel the pain until the day after I was so elated.

The 24 year old me didn't utter a word to anybody for two days after the 2009 play-off defeat to Burnley (on my birthday).

This season I haven't even been bothered enough to get up off my seat when we've scored sometimes. The only reaction I have to us losing is slight annoyance that we had to leave the pub for it.
The only passion I have for the club is the utter hatred that I have for twats who dragged us into this swamp.

It's like the last days of a relationship, when all the spark has gone and only resentment remains. The difference is you can walk out of a normal relationship. You can never really leave this one. So all I can do is go through the motions, hoping something gets reignited.

Not been remotely bothered to go to these past 2 away games.

When I saw we scored the other day it resulted in a 'yes'. That was it. A South Yorkshire Derby and all I could muster was 'yes'.

We've lost today and all I could muster was a sigh. Against Bury, who've now done the double over us. No anger just disappointment.

Well done to the board, I think you've finally managed to turn the most passionate fans in the lad totally apathetic. At least you've achieved something.
No. I don't care anymore.

Should have known this result was coming rumour as it in training nige put his best team out to play against 11 plastic dustbins
RESULT

dustbins 3 blades 0 n/a went on to say although we played well at times we got some good pluses from the game and if it wasnt for some bad decisions from the referee we could have gone on to win the game

Following a football team is supposed to be enjoyable and it just isn't for me anymore. In fact football as a sport is really turning me off lately. I saw a couple of Prem games on TV at the weekend and was bored stiff.

The way it's going I don't care if United ever get back to that level. Partly because I can conjure no enthusiasm to watch our current team and partly because the ultimate goal is not worth all the heart ache.

Time to throw the towel in.

The 12 year old me cried buckets when we lost in the play-offs to Palace.

The 17 year old me fell down the John St steps and got trampled to fuck celebrating Browns screamer against the filth, and I didn't even feel the pain until the day after I was so elated.

The 24 year old me didn't utter a word to anybody for two days after the 2009 play-off defeat to Burnley (on my birthday).

This season I haven't even been bothered enough to get up off my seat when we've scored sometimes. The only reaction I have to us losing is slight annoyance that we had to leave the pub for it.
The only passion I have for the club is the utter hatred that I have for twats who dragged us into this swamp.

It's like the last days of a relationship, when all the spark has gone and only resentment remains. The difference is you can walk out of a normal relationship. You can never really leave this one. So all I can do is go through the motions, hoping something gets reignited.

You can't even sleep with it's mate behind its back.

Stupid conscience.

I still care but Sufc have lost the ability to make or break my weekend .
I now go when I can be bothered, think I got more angry at wasting time and money than at the result . The realisation of having the piss taken finally dawned.
Each to their own but I tend to think "loyal" blades including mates only confirm to the board that they're happy to consume as much shit as is served up .
I want to care more , want to want to go and want that feeling I had when I was younger.. Time for the club to step up to the mark , their move 1st !

I'll still go for my "pre match" couple of pints. The cunts won't spoil that for me as well.

Used to meet up with the lads at 1pm in the pub on a Saturday on match days...we now meet at 11am to make the 90 minutes of 'football' more bearable

Back
Top Bottom