Diego returns to York on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll be sad to see him leave but he deserves a fair crack at fulfilling his potential. It'll be our loss all because of the current regime, but that's football

I've had a bit of "insider info" on this one, and as it stands right now, he'ss off with no intention of signing for us at the end of the season.

That came from his Dad, via someone I trust. Obviously, things change, but that's as it is right now. They are of the opinion that Clough doesn't want him, and he's sorted elsewhere.

Another point was that someone at the club believed he ws tied to us for another year and was surprised to find out his contract expired at the end of the season.

UTB

I'm of the opinion that Diego and his family think they know more about football than Nigel Clough. Perhaps if he listened and learned a little more he'd have scored more than four goals in his grown-up career, all in Division Four.

I'm of the opinion that Diego and his family think they know more about football than Nigel Clough. Perhaps if he listened and learned a little more he'd have scored more than four goals in his grown-up career, all in Division Four.
Think that might be a little bit harsh. PERHAPS if he'd been given more opportunity to play first team football he might have scored more than four goals.

Unfortunately, it's all speculation and hypothesis until we get any solid news.

Think that might be a little bit harsh. PERHAPS if he'd been given more opportunity to play first team football he might have scored more than four goals.

Unfortunately, it's all speculation and hypothesis until we get any solid news.

It's up to every player, young or old to make sure he gets an opportunity, by impressing in training or reserve games. Nigel Clough was noted at Derby for giving young players every opportunity, but surely they have to do something to demand selection? Moaning and sulking suggests a lack of character I'm afraid. It's professional football, not karaoke night!

It's up to every player, young or old to make sure he gets an opportunity, by impressing in training or reserve games. Nigel Clough was noted at Derby for giving young players every opportunity, but surely they have to do something to demand selection? Moaning and sulking suggests a lack of character I'm afraid. It's professional football, not karaoke night!
I take your point but still don't agree. Divas like spotlight and flourish in it. Could have given him a platform to perform on during a time when we had little option in an AMC or CF position and we didn't have anything to lose! If he's not getting a chance when we've played no one up front, when's he going to get one?

On a side note, we should be tying him up for a bit longer, it's not like his wage is going to be massive is it!

I take your point but still don't agree. Divas like spotlight and flourish in it. Could have given him a platform to perform on during a time when we had little option in an AMC or CF position and we didn't have anything to lose! If he's not getting a chance when we've played no one up front, when's he going to get one?

On a side note, we should be tying him up for a bit longer, it's not like his wage is going to be massive is it!

I agree. Yes we should. He is a promising young player, but he isn't any more than that is he? Don't you think people are getting rather carried away with only four Division Four goals to back it up? Let's remember he is probably still hampered to some extent by a very serious injury. There are also question marks as to his attitude.

On the more general matter, should Ironside, McFadzean and Whitehouse have been given more 'opportunity'? You know, all players who turn out to be not good enough were young once! There comes a time when that has to be acknowledged.

I've had a bit of "insider info" on this one, and as it stands right now, he'ss off with no intention of signing for us at the end of the season.

That came from his Dad, via someone I trust. Obviously, things change, but that's as it is right now. They are of the opinion that Clough doesn't want him, and he's sorted elsewhere.

Another point was that someone at the club believed he ws tied to us for another year and was surprised to find out his contract expired at the end of the season.

UTB

That's what I expect to happen unless McCabe wants to cash in during the transfer window.

I agree. Yes we should. He is a promising young player, but he isn't any more than that is he? Don't you think people are getting rather carried away with only four Division Four goals to back it up? Let's remember he is probably still hampered to some extent by a very serious injury. There are also question marks as to his attitude.

On the more general matter, should Ironside, McFadzean and Whitehouse have been given more 'opportunity'? You know, all players who turn out to be not good enough were young once! There comes a time when that has to be acknowledged.

I'd be inclined to agree with the Ironside McFadzean and Whitehouse bit a little more if Diego hadn't been impressing the Italian national camp. As well as the promise he's shown. But I still can't disagree with you either.

I think Diego has shown more promise that many, but you're right, players can go off the boil, whether temporarily or permanently and we're speculating. Only time will tell!

I think that the creative and skillful goal that he scored for York last Saturday won't do him any harm, wherever his future may lay. Good luck to the lad

UTB
I will be gutted if we don't give this lad a chance before he fucks off for next to nothing.And don't anybody come on here and say he's had his chance,has he fuck!

I'd just like to add that he's got them 4 goals in a struggling side,what could he possibly do with more chances and better players around him.

Also you mention a few players there that aren't doing it 'atm',and maybe never will do,but there is always a couple of good youngsters who can cut it,what i'd suggest to you pinchers is to give the lad a chance first before classing him with the above players.

UTB

You have to say it all points to Clough not rating him or certainly not thinking he is ready yet.

I will be gutted if we don't give this lad a chance before he fucks off for next to nothing.And don't anybody come on here and say he's had his chance,has he fuck!

He's had his chance. :)

You have to say it all points to Clough not rating him or certainly not thinking he is ready yet.
I think it's the latter, but perhaps it's not as clear cut as he's not ready yet. There are a good number of talented youngsters at the club like Long, Diego, Che Adams, Kieran Wallace, McNulty and Flo Cuvelier and I think we'll see a few of them being loaned out again to get some first team experience and to perhaps not have it so cushy as they have it at the lane and shirecliffe.

It'll be interesting to see the line up for tonight to see if we give Adams a run out, Cloughs comments suggests that he's close, but probably he'll get a cameo or two then i can see him going on loan as well.

McNulty is obviously much further along in his development and getting some chances but Clough has a few set ideas on how he wants players to play. Now that CoG has arrived I can see McNulty playing off him occasionally. Probably in home games more than the away games.

I too would be very disappointed if we don't see him get a run up top before his inevitable departure.

I'd just like to add that he's got them 4 goals in a struggling side,what could he possibly do with more chances and better players around him.

Also you mention a few players there that aren't doing it 'atm',and maybe never will do,but there is always a couple of good youngsters who can cut it,what i'd suggest to you pinchers is to give the lad a chance first before classing him with the above players.

Wiz,

You know that I love players with talent, who are comfortable on the ball and play the game as it was meant to be played. My instinct is to be a big Diego fan. He has to produce, though. His run of goals at York is very welcome. That proves that NC was right to send him there, not the contrary. Hopefully he comes back a better and wiser player. If so, his chance will surely come.

I'd be delighted to see Diego blossom at BDTBL. I take issue though with the notion that he "deserves a run". I also think he needs to lose what seems to be a chip on his shoulder. Places in a professional football team are scarce and ought to be hard earned.

Do you think it likely Diego has ever said "Gaffer, you know a thing or two about forward play......please help me to improve?

No, I don't either. He would be well advised to do so.

Does anyone know what position he's been playing in at York?

Back
Top Bottom