Outgoing? Diego Di Girolamo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

according to a chap that knows his dad (!) might be off to Chezzie on loan after our game on the 15th.

Would be good for him to play regularly in this league.

I'd like to see him given a shot here tho. But we are well stocked up top tbf and Adams is deffo ahead ATM. Unless he can play out wide?

The fact the lads father is telling all and sundry this cannot be helping his career, needs to put a stop to the shit and concentratre on the game otherwise he's destined to be a lower league, nobody.

Seriously don't understand all the negative comments on Diego?

The guys a talented young player, who's been working hard to comeback from the best part of a year out. He's only 19/20 and could be a key player for Us going forward.

I've never heard any negative headlines about him, or him being anything other than abit too confident or cocky. Players with far worse reps than that have gone on to star for us browny for example

Fair enough he didn't immediately commit to a new contract but under a manager who he had ZERO chance of playing for I can't say that I can blame him for that.

Seriously don't understand all the negative comments on Diego?

The guys a talented young player, who's been working hard to comeback from the best part of a year out.

I've never heard any negative headlines about him, or him being anything other than about confident

My opinion is that he wanted away because he believed the hype, it didn't quite happen and now he's back... I hope he does well but do get the impression he has a big chip on his shoulder.

Unlike Che Adams, who appears to be knuckling down and getting the rewards for his efforts

My opinion is that he wanted away because he believed the hype, it didn't quite happen and now he's back... I hope he does well but do get the impression he has a big chip on his shoulder.

Unlike Che Adams, who appears to be knuckling down and getting the rewards for his efforts

My take isn't that he's got a big chip on his shoulder (far from it in fact) but more that he's like the bright kid at school: he's not had to make that much effort to be better than his peers all the way through the academy so the adjustment to the professional game is a bit of a shock to the system.

He'll be fine. I for one hope that he's a great success at the Lane and I suspect that the De Girolamos share that view.

My take isn't that he's got a big chip on his shoulder (far from it in fact) but more that he's like the bright kid at school: he's not had to make that much effort to be better than his peers all the way through the academy so the adjustment to the professional game is a bit of a shock to the system.

He'll be fine. I for one hope that he's a great success at the Lane and I suspect that the De Girolamos share that view.
His head was turned when he turned out for the Italians and did well. Fair enough. But a few decent performances at u19 level aren't going to get the big contracts rolling in. Perhaps he saw lads around him playing for big Italian clubs and thought that's where he ought to be.

Either way, he's back and having to earn his right, just as it should be

Regardless of the ins and outs of last season, it's surely undeniable that being able to loan him out to a team in our division is a good move for both the club and the player.

He gets a taste of the level we expect, and we get to judge him in our league. Win/win for me. Oh, and if Chezzie are doing well on his efforts we can recall him and fuck them over in the process win/win/win.

I hope not, if this lad isn't ready for at least a place on the bench, he never will be.
Can't see him making the bench in league games at the memento. The attacking subs will have impressed more than him (I.E. Higdon,McNulty, Adams, Scougall with Reid and the two Wallace completing for the other two slots). He may have a chance of the bench at Morecombe

We're gonna be short on right wingers. Diego has stated numerous times he wants to play behind the strikers or on the right wing. Gerrim' in!

I am struggling to articulate what I give about what the De Girolamos think....

Either way, he's back and having to earn his right, just as it should be

You'd have thought that short, simple statement would be so self-evident that you needn't mention it. Not in the crazy givimarun land of S2 with its Bladey Boy Band devotees and Daft Dads, it isn't...

Can't see him making the bench in league games at the memento. The attacking subs will have impressed more than him (I.E. Higdon,McNulty, Adams, Scougall with Reid and the two Wallace completing for the other two slots). He may have a chance of the bench at Morecombe

To be honest Bart, I haven't seen any of the pre season games, but was hoping that Diego might be re-invigorated under new Nigel, sounds like you might be right though.

I hope not, if this lad isn't ready for at least a place on the bench, he never will be.

He isn't yet.

If he gets back to pre-injury form - without a doubt, but whilst he's not done anything wrong on the pitch, he isn't currently having quite the same impact as he did.

I'm sure he'll be back firing on all cylinders before long.

Seen this comment on an Instagram PIC.

Anybody know more?

Edit - turns out it doesn't pull comments through. Basically the uploaded says he wants Diego to get a run before end of season and someone says "do well, he's on loan at Luton"

Back
Top Bottom