Did we learn anything tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilder has already seen through our LB/LWB options (possible exception being Lowe).He also seems to share concerns about Norwood and Souza playing together. Souza was anchoring tonight.
Souza had his best game for us tonight. Maybe that has to do with the fact that playing him alongside Norwood as two holding players just doesn't work.

Souza had his best game for us tonight. Maybe that has to do with the fact that playing him alongside Norwood as two holding players just doesn't work.

Yep. Simplified his role and provided more energy and athleticism elsewhere on the pitch. It's about balance, and that looks more balanced on that evidence.

Don’t like to be negative on a night when we were better, but those saying anything positive about Traore I just can’t see it? To me he looks like someone who has won a competition to come on for a cameo as a professional footballer. He looks like he’s never played the game before. Even tonight when his only job was to try to put their defenders under pressure when on the ball, he just ran around aimlessly, as if needing to be hand-held and guided all the way through his few minutes of game time. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a worse signing. He cost millions as well if I remember correctly? Please Benie prove me wrong because we need someone to put the ball in the net.

In a 26 hour period when Luton took Arsenal all the way and we made Liverpool battle to the very end and hassled them every time they got it, we learnt it was time to change the manager.

I thought overall we made it difficult to beat as opposed to the last couple of months, which was pleasing.

Concerned that we finished the game with Fleck, Norwood & Traore. If we are to improve we need to move away from these players. They have nothing to offer. Archer looked bright without ever threatening and McAtee played some good through balls.

We did still give the ball away. But at least we showed some fight which is promising. We do need to work on chances / half chances as its hard to see where any goals are coming from at present.

No doubt that the game v Brentford will show us more of what we can expect and if we do have the will to fight improve and fight on.
Archer never threatening, he could have had 4 on another day if he would use his left foot.
Only downside for me was Max Lowe.

Yes, I’ve been sceptical about the CW appointment, but we actually stayed in that game till the 94th minute…That is all we ask as fans.

Archer never threatening, he could have had 4 on another day if he would use his left foot.
Only downside for me was Max Lowe.
Thing is he can use his left foot. We learnt that last season!

In particular that first half chance he should have hit it on his left. There was a runner back post to potentially follow up too.

Definitely more organised and athletic without that ball, thought Brooks was excellent...

The prospect of him, McAtee, Osula and Archer as attacking threats is a lot more exciting than what's gone before.

However, with the ball, we really need to be more composed. It was like a hot potato. Without Norwood to pass it backwards to, we really looked confused. We need to quickly adapt.

We'll learn more on Saturday than tonight. But that was a marked improvement from what we've witnessed last 2 months. And a gargantuan improvement of the last 2 games.

If we play with that desire and effort Saturday we get a result. UTB 🤞🏼
Agree mate , Sat will be be a better barometer of where we are . Yes fingers crossed because there’s some tough fixtures after that

We learnt- we still ...

Can show some fight
We are allowed to attack
That the team isn't as shit as we first thought
That BDBL still can rock
If we go down - this team is good enought to compete again in Champ
That moving for CW and AK was correct decision

For me that was the best match of the season so far- Liverpool knew they werer in agame- that is all we ask and we got it.

The same ones that was absolutely knackered from the constant running and closing down? Bit of a ridiculous thing to say out loud that one bud.
Brooks is 20 years old FFS. Funny how I did not see either Fleck of Norward running around at the same pace when they came on.

Don’t like to be negative on a night when we were better, but those saying anything positive about Traore I just can’t see it? To me he looks like someone who has won a competition to come on for a cameo as a professional footballer. He looks like he’s never played the game before. Even tonight when his only job was to try to put their defenders under pressure when on the ball, he just ran around aimlessly, as if needing to be hand-held and guided all the way through his few minutes of game time. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a worse signing. He cost millions as well if I remember correctly? Please Benie prove me wrong because we need someone to put the ball in the net.
Completely agree pal....he never touched the ball yet some on here say he wasn't that bad! surely you are expected to kick the ball or what is the point?

He would look out of place paying for Hallam. Total waste of money!

Wilders post match presser made me emotional. So I learnt that somebody (now) at the club actually gives a flying fuck about the club.

He borderlined being hoarse, emotional and tearful. We haven't had that for a fucking long time.

We need to get McAtee further forward - he's a real threat.

I was screaming 'PUSH ON McATEE'

When the Liverpool player fouled him in the area I realised there'll be an end of season DVD.....

A compilation named 'PUSH ON McATEE'.

Two entries so far - Harry Maguire in the Man Utd game and last night's against Liverpool.

Watch out for more this season. Mostly against the bigger clubs where our protests will be totally ignored.

Brooks is 20 years old FFS. Funny how I did not see either Fleck of Norward running around at the same pace when they came on.
20 year old kid that has hardly played any mens football plying his trade with u21s that doesn't have 10th of the intensity as men's Premier league match. Nor has he probably played against a team that's made him do doggys all match chasing the ball. Again another ridiculous thing to say.

20 year old kid that has hardly played any mens football plying his trade with u21s that doesn't have 10th of the intensity as men's Premier league match. Nor has he probably played against a team that's made him do doggys all match chasing the ball. Again another ridiculous thing to say.
He was playing football, not out dogging!

Back
Top Bottom