Did we learn anything tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I thought overall we made it difficult to beat as opposed to the last couple of months, which was pleasing.

Concerned that we finished the game with Fleck, Norwood & Traore. If we are to improve we need to move away from these players. They have nothing to offer. Archer looked bright without ever threatening and McAtee played some good through balls.

We did still give the ball away. But at least we showed some fight which is promising. We do need to work on chances / half chances as its hard to see where any goals are coming from at present.

No doubt that the game v Brentford will show us more of what we can expect and if we do have the will to fight improve and fight on.

I see your point about Norwood Fleck and Traore coming on who else are we supposed to bring on? Billy Sharp ffs??? We need to bring on players to reduce injuries by overplaying players. If you are ‘concerned’ about that then I don’t know what to suggest.

I thought overall we made it difficult to beat as opposed to the last couple of months, which was pleasing.

Concerned that we finished the game with Fleck, Norwood & Traore. If we are to improve we need to move away from these players. They have nothing to offer. Archer looked bright without ever threatening and McAtee played some good through balls.

We did still give the ball away. But at least we showed some fight which is promising. We do need to work on chances / half chances as its hard to see where any goals are coming from at present.

No doubt that the game v Brentford will show us more of what we can expect and if we do have the will to fight improve and fight on.
Who would you have brought on as subs to finish the game? We have no other options currently to replace the tired players.

I am sorry but you are complaining that we finished the game with Norwood Fleck and Traore but who else are we supposed to bring on? Billy Sharp ffs??? We need to bring on players to reduce injuries by overplaying players. If you are ‘concerned’ about that then I don’t know what to suggest.
Got it in before me.

As i have said before, CW needs to bring in , younger , hungry, fir mids in January. Until that happens, Fleck, Norwood are his options. However, what is wrong with Slim???? Hecky and CW have same opinion???

As i have said before, CW needs to bring in , younger , hungry, fir mids in January. Until that happens, Fleck, Norwood are his options. However, what is wrong with Slim???? Hecky and CW have same opinion???
No, he needs to bring bigger, stronger and more athletic ball on the ground players in JTW.

Agree we were much better without the ball but need t

o improve loads with the ball we still look way off what's required in this league

Brooks who had looked good was knackered, not sure who he brings on.. don’t say Slimane ..he’s gash.

Have to finish with those players when we have no one else.

We learned that we’ve been fed complete bullshit by the previous management team all season.

All we’ve done tonight is the bare minimum that any of us should expect from a sheffield united team. A willingness to compete and make like difficult for one of the best teams in the world. For once we’ve actually tried to bridge the gap in quality by moving the ball up the pitch and attempting to cause the opposition some problems. It’s the most chances we’ve created in a game since August and we’re playing fucking Liverpool.

I think it’s important to not forget who we’ve played tonight especially in the circumstances. Off the back of two catastrophically diabolical performances, we’ve produced a battling performance against a really great team. That performance gets us something at home to Bournemouth and away at Burnley.

I think tonight really made it hit home now special the well oiled Wilder machine was. We looked nothing like that side. Even against good sides we would have spells where we could keep the ball and work in the flanks allowing bash/JoC to get up and through.

I am not expecting it from this squad unfortunately.

I think tonight really made it hit home now special the well oiled Wilder machine was. We looked nothing like that side. Even against good sides we would have spells where we could keep the ball and work in the flanks allowing bash/JoC to get up and through.

I am not expecting it from this squad unfortunately.
He’s been in the door for max 2 days. He’s already offered up our best performance of the season. Surely you didnt expect overlapping centre backs tonight?

He’s been in the door for max 2 days. He’s already offered up our best performance of the season. Surely you didnt expect overlapping centre backs tonight?
No but just really brought home the difference in squads really

Wilder has already seen through our LB/LWB options (possible exception being Lowe).He also seems to share concerns about Norwood and Souza playing together. Souza was anchoring tonight.

Back
Top Bottom