Delight , but some despair

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
He promised wave upon wave of attack ,, and we certainly got that , but then we scored,,,,, we dont like being in front , we drop further back than an Italian infantry division , why , for 15 minutes I was screaming at the telly go forward switch back on , luckily a worm popped up and headed a lovely through nall to mc nultatelli which spared our blushes , but we went from total dominance to a set of zombies for no apparent reason and you could see Clough tearing his hair out on the line ,, but we won , and a clean sheet ,,,, amazing
a lot of positives , but despair at the switching off , which came about from lack of nous in how to handle a lead

It's the blades way these days I'm afraid BTL, but hey a wins a win. got stuck in a bit more this week as well. And if body slamming an opponent in your own area isn't a f@@king penalty we never going to get one.

It's the blades way these days I'm afraid BTL, but hey a wins a win. got stuck in a bit more this week as well. And if body slamming an opponent in your own area isn't a f@@king penalty we never going to get one.
It was an off the ball incident and should have been a yellow at most.

loved the ad for WWE wrestling starring Scougal , was not a penalty as it was only a half body slam

If it had denied a goal, it would have been a penalty, and the hulk hogan impersonator would have walked.

No that's a foul, and probably a sending off. But if it's inside the box its a penalty, what's wrong with you.

He promised wave upon wave of attack ,, and we certainly got that , but then we scored,,,,, we dont like being in front , we drop further back than an Italian infantry division , why , for 15 minutes I was screaming at the telly go forward switch back on , luckily a worm popped up and headed a lovely through nall to mc nultatelli which spared our blushes , but we went from total dominance to a set of zombies for no apparent reason and you could see Clough tearing his hair out on the line ,, but we won , and a clean sheet ,,,, amazing
a lot of positives , but despair at the switching off , which came about from lack of nous in how to handle a lead

I feel sorry for the pig fan who hit the post then did a Sam Ellis. :D:D

I can see why the ref didn't give the pen for Jose but Scougs was mugged FFS

Thought that was Scougs best performance of the season so far. Back to something like last season with his runs and link play and his work rate.

Basham had a decent game as well. Felt sorry for him when JCR was too selfish to play him in. Could have been his first goal for the Blades.

Sweet, sweet strike from Bob. Always liked Harris so really chuffed for him.

No that's a foul, and probably a sending off. But if it's inside the box its a penalty, what's wrong with you.

Eh?? You yourself just alluded to it being a penalty if it denied a goal scoring opportunity!

Some refs would like Mike Dean ,that's the problem refs need to be consistent.

So to clarify. If a player commits an offence against an opposition player in his own penalty area then it's it's a penalty to opposing team. Regardless of where the ball is on the pitch (or indeed off it.). Is this correct?

So to clarify. If a player commits an offence against an opposition player in his own penalty area then it's it's a penalty to opposing team. Regardless of where the ball is on the pitch (or indeed off it.). Is this correct?
Yep. That's right If the ball is in play. If it isn't in play then it's either a yellow or a red depending on severity of offence.

So if a defender punches an attacker when the ball's half way up the pitch that's a penalty is it?

Yup. The perfect example being at Port Vale about 18 years ago when someone punched award-winning actor Nathan Blake totally off the ball. The ref gave us a penalty much to the surprise of all the Blades fans behind the goal who were wondering what the hell had happened. We didn't complain though.

Ahh. It all becomes clear. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom